Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Meeeee Tooooo... Apple didn't bring it.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Have to take back my previous post. Returned today.. Froze up and wipe entire phone .. Home button stop working... Back to iPhone 6 plus...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have to take back my previous post. Returned today.. Froze up and wipe entire phone .. Home button stop working... Back to iPhone 6 plus...

Good luck with the 6S, I'm sure it'll be a great phone. My wife and daughter love their 6 and 6+...

Me? I'll stick with the Note 5!

Took it to a volleyball tournament my daughter was in yesterday, 4 hours of navigation (backlight was turned down, but very easy to view), phone calls, text messages, reading articles during lunch, etc. etc.

Came home around 9pm, and still had over 25% charge on my device!

I used it pretty heavily all day and it held up great! On top of that, I love the S Pen, and the overall device!

Hey... that's why Baskin and Robbins makes 31 flavors!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Fat chance as far as returning it goes. I only have to have it for a year, as I have annual upgrades. My wife adores hers Note 5. So far, the phone has given me zero second thoughts since the day I got it, especially as an upgrade from the S4.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Fat chance as far as returning it goes. I only have to have it for a year, as I have annual upgrades. My wife adores hers Note 5. So far, the phone has given me zero second thoughts since the day I got it, especially as an upgrade from the S4.
That's a good point. The upgrade from the S4 to Note 5 is huge.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point. The upgrade from the S4 to Note 5 is huge.

I upgraded from an s6 edge and it's still a big upgrade. Screen, camera options, s-pen, and the 4gb of ram makes a huge difference in how this beast Exynos processor runs lollipop and app management. Everything runs much more efficiently and quicker. Even the fingerprint sensor works quicker. As always the note line has 5 months to build upon what the s line does and perfect it.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I went out with my daughter to a trampoline park Saturday and took some video FHD 60fps setting. When I reviewed what I had taken I was blown away by the clarity of the video, it was AMAZING!! Try that on an iPhone, isn't going to happen. And that isn't even the highest resolution setting. Every day this phone amazes me by something new I see or find, no way it's going back!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from an s6 edge and it's still a big upgrade. Screen, camera options, s-pen, and the 4gb of ram makes a huge difference in how this beast Exynos processor runs lollipop and app management. Everything runs much more efficiently and quicker. Even the fingerprint sensor works quicker. As always the note line has 5 months to build upon what the s line does and perfect it.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
I would agree with you as I also did own a S6E, only to return it after 2 weeks, reverted to my Note 4. The same with the Note 5. The Note 5 is an awesome phone, just that some handy key features are missing, mainly a smaller battery. If the battery was 4000+ mah or swappable, I would most likely keep it over the Note 4 cuz as you said, the specs alone are superior. Interesting though, the speed of my new 5.1.1 Note 4 is quite similar to the Note 5, perhaps it's one of the great things with a new phone. I wonder how the speed and battery life of the Note 5 would hold up after a year.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This is always a personal choice. Get what works best for you.

For me, the N5 is the most amazing platform on the market. I am not seeing anything that even comes close. It's absurdly fast, the screen is to die for, battery life far exceeds my needs to go all day without re-charging, the industrial design is best-in-class, I am finding that I LOVE having a stylus again and I can't get over how I thought that using a finger was an acceptable way to enter data into a phone for so many years now. It's the perfect professional and personal assistant. Bluetooth auto-connect has been finicky but easy to live with. I think it has to do with using the new BT 4.2 protocol with older BT devices. No other downsides for me. I love this thing!

So to answer the OP's question: No.

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Mines going back next week when the new iPhone comes out, this phone is great x100000. But my family all utilize ios and being that they all live a distance from me It's so much easier for me to just FaceTime them. I know there are services like Skype and so on, but they don't seem very convenient as a lot of my elderly family doesn't have an account or know how to set it up but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of my note 5 for the little time left.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I started this thread to see what everyone thought about their Note 5,and when I started it i had some doubts because of the battery life i was getting, since then my battery has gotten better and this phone is awesome so I decided to keep mine,if you guys want to keep this thread open that's cool,if you guys don't then someone can close it .

This helped me in making my decision because people told me with a few cycles the battery would get better and it did,so I'm grateful for everyone's feedback, and those of you that are returning it to get another phone I hope your next phone meets all of your needs,and you enjoy it to the fullest :)

Posted via the Android Central App

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I went back to my iPhone 6 Plus by now I want the note 5 back. I will try to not create the issue I had when I had my first note 5. Plus ios9 brought nothing to the table.

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I went back to my iPhone 6 Plus by now I want the note 5 back. I will try to not create the issue I had when I had my first note 5. Plus ios9 brought nothing to the table.

Back with the Note 5 and relieved. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My same sentiments.

:) but that's why it's good to have options, so if you are not feeling a certain phone or Operating system you can try something else, glad you're enjoying best of both worlds.

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
:) but that's why it's good to have options, so if you are not feeling a certain phone or Operating system you can try something else, glad you're enjoying best of both worlds.

Well I agree. I'm only down to one device now. The Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers