11-08-2015 10:43 AM
233 123 ...
tools
    Have any of you contemplated returning your Note 5?

I really like this phone, but the battery keeps me thinking of returning it,as nice as this phone is,and as smooth as it feels the battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now,I might be wrong.

If yoy have thought of returning it what has been the reason?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 07:44 AM
    I bought it with the thought that I may return it, it'seems one of the reasons I bought it at best buy.
    My reason was not knowing if I could handle not having root access.
    I have never concerned myself with battery life on any phone because I know I can charge it almost any time I choose.
    ladyc0524, ELAkid and Carlo Villa like this.
    08-30-2015 07:57 AM
    Have any of you contemplated returning your Note 5?

I really like this phone, but the battery keeps me thinking of returning it,as nice as this phone is,and as smooth as it feels the battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now,I might be wrong.

If yoy have thought of returning it what has been the reason?

The battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now, because...?
    ladyc0524 and ELAkid like this.
    08-30-2015 08:05 AM
    Nope, getting better battery life than my Note 4. I upgrade every year so its not an issue.
    08-30-2015 08:10 AM
    Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

08-30-2015 08:19 AM
    The battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now, because...?
    I guess I assumed that, because my note 4 battery after around 8 months and lollipop, when it would get to the orange color on the battery it would drop down to under ten in about a minute then just shut down,both mine and my wife's have this same issue,and I know it could be the battery that has an issue, but my wife doesn't even use her phone all that much and it happened to hers also.

I'm going to order two new batteries for mine and her note 4 with the 30% coupon from Samsung, and I guess that experience has me a little nervous about This battery,but I know I shouldn't assume things lol.

08-30-2015 08:27 AM
    Nope, getting better battery life than my Note 4. I upgrade every year so its not an issue.
    That's what also has kept me from returning it,that I only had my nose 4 like 10 months and I upgraded so I guess I shouldn't be all that concerned

BergerKing likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:29 AM
    I bought it with the thought that I may return it, it'seems one of the reasons I bought it at best buy.
    My reason was not knowing if I could handle not having root access.
    I have never concerned myself with battery life on any phone because I know I can charge it almost any time I choose.
    That's a good way of seeing it,If I keep it I will just have to buy a Powerbank to be able to charge whenever low.

08-30-2015 08:31 AM
    Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 08:32 AM
    I guess I assumed that, because my note 4 battery after around 8 months and lollipop, when it would get to the orange color on the battery it would drop down to under ten in about a minute then just shut down,both mine and my wife's have this same issue,and I know it could be the battery that has an issue, but my wife doesn't even use her phone all that much and it happened to hers also.

I'm going to order two new batteries for mine and her note 4 with the 30% coupon from Samsung, and I guess that experience has me a little nervous about This battery,but I know I shouldn't assume things lol.

Well remember, they have been working with the closed battery before this. The S6 has that battery also
    gdgtmom likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:33 AM
    Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Yeah this phone is awesome, I have used Android since the very first G1 was released ,and I have always preferred it to Apple .

bassplayrguy and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-2015 08:35 AM
    Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

I am on t-mob,I have installed Doze and have deleted the bloat and also have stopped the apps from run-in in the background, last night I went to sleep with 98% woke up like 6 hours later and was at 89% does that seem normal?

08-30-2015 08:38 AM
    Well remember, they have been working with the closed battery before this. The S6 has that battery also
    Yeah you're right, I will keep on checking the battery thread to see what other tips I can use,I never had an extra battery for my note 4 so I wasn't all hurt about the sealed battery,I will just get an external source of power if necessary thanks

08-30-2015 08:41 AM
    I did everything I could to not get it the other day, swinging back and forth on the lack of removable Battery/Storage! But, the d a r n thing kept staring at me in the store, and eventually I gave in and bought the thing. Its a beautiful phone, and I've had it home 3 days now, and keep trying to tell myself to bring it back and just use my beautiful Note 4, to which does have removable Battery/Storage. So...i'll report back here in my 14th day, as that will be the day I either use the 14 day return, or not :-D

Wish me luck! :-D
    BergerKing, ELAkid and msndrstood like this.
    08-30-2015 08:47 AM
    I am on t-mob,I have installed Doze and have deleted the bloat and also have stopped the apps from run-in in the background, last night I went to sleep with 98% woke up like 6 hours later and was at 89% does that seem normal?

Personally, I like Greenify and there is an app by the same developers called ShutApp that looks promising.

I don't need either, but I'm testing ShutApp right now. You might want to look at that one.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:49 AM
    The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 08:51 AM
    I also have an external battery charger I keep in my work bag. I've yet to have to use it

ELAkid, debdroid1a and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-2015 08:52 AM
    Personally, I like Greenify and there is an app by the same developers called ShutApp that looks promising.

I don't need either, but I'm testing ShutApp right now. You might want to look at that one.
    I have tries geeenify before in my s4 I believe , I might have to give it another go.

08-30-2015 08:53 AM
    I did everything I could to not get it the other day, swinging back and forth on the lack of removable Battery/Storage! But, the d a r n thing kept staring at me in the store, and eventually I gave in and bought the thing. Its a beautiful phone, and I've had it home 3 days now, and keep trying to tell myself to bring it back and just use my beautiful Note 4, to which does have removable Battery/Storage. So...i'll report back here in my 14th day, as that will be the day I either use the 14 day return, or not :-D

Wish me luck! :-D
    That's kinda the boat I'm in ,I have grown attached to the note 5,and my note 4 is sitting all alone in my dresser ,this phone is awesome and I don't want to part ways with it,so I'm hoping I find ways to improve my battery, I hope whatever you decide makes you happy

08-30-2015 08:56 AM
    I also have an external battery charger I keep in my work bag. I've yet to have to use it

Yeah seems like an external power source is a win,thanks for the feedback

08-30-2015 08:58 AM
    That's kinda the boat I'm in ,I have grown attached to the note 5,and my note 4 is sitting all alone in my dresser ,this phone is awesome and I don't want to part ways with it,so I'm hoping I find ways to improve my battery, I hope whatever you decide makes you happy

Well, fortunately for me, my Note 4 is not sitting in my dresser...as I've took the sim out of my work iPhone, and put it in my Note 4 :-D Now I'm using both N4 and N5...so, I'm just tickled pink! lol

Now... at the end of the 14 day return period...i'll either sell my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB or return the N5....we shell see!
    08-30-2015 09:02 AM
    Well, fortunately for me, my Note 4 is not sitting in my dresser...as I've took the sim out of my work iPhone, and put it in my Note 4 :-D Now I'm using both N4 and N5...so, I'm just tickled pink! lol

Now... at the end of the 14 day return period...i'll either sell my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB or return the N5....we shell see!
    Nice! Is the rumored iPhone plus 6s or whatever it's called lol also playing a role in your decision?

08-30-2015 09:07 AM

I'm on t mobile and my battery life is better if not as good as my S5. I actually get better reception on this note 5 then my S5, more bars and 4G more often.

I don't plan on exchanging it anytime soon. I love the Spen. The screen size. How quick it is. Double press home key anywhere, ant time for the camera. The Microsoft apps. Etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Theresa Humphries likes this.
    08-30-2015 09:09 AM

I got one of those when I got my Note 5. Someone said on another forum they had the Note 4 and 2 extra batteries. I guess the only difference is immediate use, but to me is a non-issue. I can wait. Plus I don't know when I'll use it. I never had a spare for my S5 and I survived those times I wish I had one.
    ETA the rep at t-mobile said the Morphie I got will last 2 charges. The instructions say if I don't use it to charge every 3 months.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-30-2015 09:12 AM
    I'm on t mobile and my battery life is better if not as good as my S5. I actually get better reception on this note 5 then my S5, more bars and 4G more often.

I don't plan on exchanging it anytime soon. I love the Spen. The screen size. How quick it is. Double press home key anywhere, ant time for the camera. The Microsoft apps. Etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I on t-mob also and with my note 4 I got bad reception downstairs in my townhouse and good reception upstairs, with my note 5 it's the opposite upstairs not so good ,downstairs good reception lol

08-30-2015 09:14 AM
233 123 ...