12-28-2017 10:07 AM
53 123
tools
    I have had the phone since day one and have had no issues with apps randomly opening.
    09-01-2015 11:16 AM
    Hey folks--can you all see if this persists if you boot the phone into Safe Mode? If it goes away, then perhaps some app you all have in common is causing the issue. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216
    AlexMarie15 likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:19 AM
    Jumping on the ship with everyone else. Same here and I'm running Nova Prime and it's the same app opening when it does happen.
    wolfmtns likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:55 AM
    Oh, I forgot that this seems to be happening in Nova, in which case Safe Mode won't help. Sorry!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-01-2015 12:50 PM
    Oh, I forgot that this seems to be happening in Nova, in which case Safe Mode won't help. Sorry!

I thought I saw someone say TouchWiz.

Also for those running Nova, you probably want to email support. They are very good at looking into support issues on my experience.
    09-01-2015 01:04 PM
    I thought I saw someone say TouchWiz.

Also for those running Nova, you probably want to email support. They are very good at looking into support issues on my experience.
    I'll definitely do so, but I'm wondering with some on TouchWiz being plagued with it too is it a glitch in random note 5 softwares. It's only happened once so far today, but I'm of the opinion it shouldn't be happening at all.
    09-01-2015 01:58 PM

I'm on TW and it is happening to me.
    09-01-2015 02:23 PM
    So can anyone on TouchWiz reproduce this easily?
    09-01-2015 02:32 PM
    Hey, so I had the same thing happen to me and it was unbelievably frustrating. I fixed it by uninstalling the Google Play Games app. If you have that app try uninstalling it. I had to install it to play a puzzle game but honestly the game wasn't that good enough to deal with the frustration of randomly opening apps. Hopefully it works out for you! My life has been much less frustrating as a result.

Cheers!
    10-21-2015 11:32 AM
    Try wiping the cache. Might solve the problem. Lots of minor glitches can be resolved with a cache wipe. I had a problem where my Internet 4g icon didn't show up on the top status bar at times. Was fixed after this.
    To do this, first turn off the device. Then turn it back on by holding the power button, volume up and home button until an android logo appears (might take some time, and might say "installing update"). At this point let go of the power button but keep the other two pressed. From the menu select 'wipe cache partition' using the volume keys and press the power button to perform it (a message at the bottom will notify once it's done) then select 'reboot system now' to restart it in normal mode.

10-21-2015 11:57 AM
    I've had this problem on my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S5. I am using the stock lock screen but nova prime launcher. The app that opens is always the one on the bottom right in the app dock. I have 3 dock rows. And whichever is in the bottom right when the screen locks will be the one that launches whether or not it has been used.
    it seems to activate then the lock activates not by the act of unlocking. When i am using spotify and have the app open. If younnotice the play pause control is on the bottom right. If inleave it there and click the power botton or allow the screen to time out, the song will pause. I had the same issue with GO Launcher.

It happens maybe 50% of the time.
    10-25-2015 07:56 PM
    I've been having this same issue for a while now. Both on my Note 5 and S6. TouchWiz or Nova, it doesn't matter. It can be any app I have on my phone that randomly opens when I unlock my screen. I've tried wiping the cache partition and that doesn't help. I've tried closing all apps before lock my screen. Still does it.
    11-19-2015 10:54 AM
    Same problem here! But I really believe it's related to the Nova Launcher. To me the issue started after I installed it.
    No matter where I left it when I locked the phone, when unlocking it, the recent apps screen pops up. Almost 70% of the time. Come to the phone, fingerprint scanner unlocking it, recent apps, without pressing anything for it to happen.
    It's annoying :/. Don't know what to do.
    03-09-2016 11:34 PM
    Another "me too" - Note5 on Sprint, rooted. Can't remember exactly when it started but want to say 5-7 days ago. Mine brings up recent apps a good 2/3rds of the time. Fingerprint unlock.

I too used Nova Launcher, but I switched to Google Launcher. Same problem. Even uninstalled Nova to be sure and the problem persists.
    03-11-2016 11:01 PM
    I'm not sure when it stopped happening, but it was so long ago, that I forgot it was a problem. That's weird people are still experiencing it, because I think mine was fixed with one of Samsung's small updates from late last year, or one of Nova's.
    03-12-2016 10:58 AM
    I think i found the problem.
    It always apeared to be like the device automatic closed the launcher on the background [as every time I unlocked it, or it would show recent apps, or redraw the nova launcher home screen (as if it was closed all along)].
    I then thought of going to the app optimization details tab on battery setttings menu and disabling the "always optimizing" option.
    I've put every single app I use in a frequent basis to optimize automatically, only after 3 days of non usage, including NOVA LAUNCHER.

I haven't had a single redraw of the homescreen since then (3 days now), and as you would expect from aplications not closing in the backgroung every time, the device feels a lot faster

Tell me if it works for you.
    03-14-2016 12:00 AM
    Unfortunately, the App optimization details doesn't appear to be a setting on Sprint Note5s per my phone and a quick googling.
    03-23-2016 08:34 PM
    Definetly worked 100% for me! 13 days now. Not a single redraw or recent apps screen after unlocking the device.

Here it's under Settings/Battery/DETAIL.

SM-N920G by the way.
    03-24-2016 08:32 AM
    Yep, unfortunately no detail option for me on my Sprint SM-N920P - tried 3 launchers, an app to disable recent apps button (which didn't actually disable it), a bunch of other various tricks, etc.

I guess I live with it or turn off the fingerprint reader.
    03-24-2016 09:55 AM
    Update - should have listened to B. Diddy early on, all that testing and I never went into safe mode. Went in and out of Safe Mode and it hasn't happened in a couple hours. Reset a lot of my default app stuff which is annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the original problem!
    03-24-2016 03:41 PM
    When locked, after swiping and using my fingerprint, the phone opens up to the Keyboard Select dialog.
    Does this all the time.
    Any fixes?
    -bk
    03-24-2016 06:11 PM
    Probably a similar issue others have had billykac, I'd look at what gfcpinto did to fix their phone.

Unfortunately the safe mode only worked for half a day, I'm back to having the recent apps come up about half the time I unlock it.
    03-25-2016 10:26 AM
    Probably a similar issue others have had billykac, I'd look at what gfcpinto did to fix their phone.

Unfortunately the safe mode only worked for half a day, I'm back to having the recent apps come up about half the time I unlock it.
    On VZW.
    No such settings.
    03-25-2016 11:03 AM
    Wow, this happened to me. I thought it was me doing something wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig
    This is happening to me too. Actually it's not any of my apps. Its a app with no name and ive never seen it before. It doesn't have a name in app manager. And it won't let me fore stop it or Uninstall it. And no I'm not hitting one of my apps on the bottom.
    08-01-2016 10:37 AM
    I was just about to post about this. Its been happening to me for the past two days and its only been the Play Store app that keeps opening. I am using TW. Not sure why this started all of a sudden but its pretty freaking annoying!
    Mine does the same thing, 90% of the time the Google play store opens up and opens up the search for zoosk. I have never even searched for that in the play store so it is confusing for me and annoying. Other than that it opens up a random website that I've never searched for, I have notifications on the edge part of my phone so I'm wondering if that is the problem.
    08-12-2016 04:57 AM
53 123