Apps randomly popping open when I unlock it

gfcpinto

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I think i found the problem.
It always apeared to be like the device automatic closed the launcher on the background [as every time I unlocked it, or it would show recent apps, or redraw the nova launcher home screen (as if it was closed all along)].
I then thought of going to the app optimization details tab on battery setttings menu and disabling the "always optimizing" option.
I've put every single app I use in a frequent basis to optimize automatically, only after 3 days of non usage, including NOVA LAUNCHER.

I haven't had a single redraw of the homescreen since then (3 days now), and as you would expect from aplications not closing in the backgroung every time, the device feels a lot faster :)

Tell me if it works for you.

Gantry

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the App optimization details doesn't appear to be a setting on Sprint Note5s per my phone and a quick googling.

gfcpinto

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Definetly worked 100% for me! 13 days now. Not a single redraw or recent apps screen after unlocking the device.

Here it's under Settings/Battery/DETAIL.

SM-N920G by the way.

Gantry

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, unfortunately no detail option for me on my Sprint SM-N920P - tried 3 launchers, an app to disable recent apps button (which didn't actually disable it), a bunch of other various tricks, etc.

I guess I live with it or turn off the fingerprint reader.

Gantry

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Update - should have listened to B. Diddy early on, all that testing and I never went into safe mode. Went in and out of Safe Mode and it hasn't happened in a couple hours. Reset a lot of my default app stuff which is annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the original problem!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
When locked, after swiping and using my fingerprint, the phone opens up to the Keyboard Select dialog.
Does this all the time.
Any fixes?
-bk

Gantry

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Probably a similar issue others have had billykac, I'd look at what gfcpinto did to fix their phone.

Unfortunately the safe mode only worked for half a day, I'm back to having the recent apps come up about half the time I unlock it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Probably a similar issue others have had billykac, I'd look at what gfcpinto did to fix their phone.

Unfortunately the safe mode only worked for half a day, I'm back to having the recent apps come up about half the time I unlock it.

On VZW.
No such settings.

CryAntic

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Wow, this happened to me. I thought it was me doing something wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

This is happening to me too. Actually it's not any of my apps. Its a app with no name and ive never seen it before. It doesn't have a name in app manager. And it won't let me fore stop it or Uninstall it. And no I'm not hitting one of my apps on the bottom.

devonb21

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I was just about to post about this. Its been happening to me for the past two days and its only been the Play Store app that keeps opening. I am using TW. Not sure why this started all of a sudden but its pretty freaking annoying!

Mine does the same thing, 90% of the time the Google play store opens up and opens up the search for zoosk. I have never even searched for that in the play store so it is confusing for me and annoying. Other than that it opens up a random website that I've never searched for, I have notifications on the edge part of my phone so I'm wondering if that is the problem.

FlyingsCool

May 17, 2014
Visit site
If you're doing it one handed, i.e. using a thumb or finger of the hand that is holding the phone, it's extremely easy to activate an icon that is on the edge of your screen with the proximity of your hand near the edge of your phone as you reach across the phone, especially because it is such a large phone. The sensor picks up your skin very easily.

wolfmtns

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Same thing is happening with my phone. I am running the stock/default launcher, with mine it is the same app that open, it's not a random one.

SqueakyNote

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I made an account specifically to talk about this issue! This just happened to me again after finding it happening several times in the day over the course of several weeks to a couple of months. And it's always apps that I haven't touched in forever and that are NOT on the home screen or easily pressed when I open my phone. This is beginning to aggravate me. I have done several remedial steps to try and correct this problem, but it is as if someone is remotely connecting to my phone and just pressing random ****! One time, my background had 7 of these apps open when I woke up! And all 7 were apps I've never touched in months! Other places say this is an Android 8.0 issue... So I don't know. All I know is that this is getting on my nerves! Suddenly losing 10 percent of my battery in a couple minutes is definitely something that needs to be remedied at all cost!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are they opening into the foreground (i.e., you see the app actually open on the screen), or are they only being loaded into RAM in the background? Remember that Android likes to keep RAM mostly full (this isn't Windows), so the system may be loading certain apps into the background in order to fill empty RAM.

cuulblu

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
My phone was doing this. random apps many of which I didn't use would have an open window when unlocking the phone. I've had the phone over two years. This only started happening the last 3 days. I uninstalled Nova launcher, which I wasn't using anyway. All is normal now. No open apps on unlock. Looks like a glitch with Nova Launcher!

cajunlibra

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
This is happening for me. It's been going on for a few months. Pixel 5 with June 2021 update. When I unlock, I get a random app screen. It's not running in the background. It is the active app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you lock or put your phone to sleep, do you exit to the homescreen? If you let the phone go to sleep while an app is still open, it will unlock to that app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam