Is anyone else having this issue - when I use smart select to capture part of a screen, I can share it via text if I choose the "share" option right then. If I choose to save it to the gallery for later use, I can not attach it to a text message, says "invalid format". There are some 3rd party texting apps that allow it to be attached though. Is this a setting somewhere?
    08-31-2015 03:06 AM
    I have posted this in few forums including here. This was the most used feature in my note 4 which I cannot find in Note 5.

You cannot extract Text from the screen capture using s-Pen, also in note 4 if you see any numbers, when you capture, you can call them straightaway.

Struggling with these two missing. Also they have removed the paste option on the dial pad. I used to copy numbers and paste on the dial pad and used to call. Now this is also removed.

Suren
    08-31-2015 05:01 AM
    You should be able to paste on the dial pad... If this is what your talking about anyway, you can.
    08-31-2015 05:11 AM
    I have posted this in few forums including here. This was the most used feature in my note 4 which I cannot find in Note 5.

You cannot extract Text from the screen capture using s-Pen, also in note 4 if you see any numbers, when you capture, you can call them straightaway.

Struggling with these two missing. Also they have removed the paste option on the dial pad. I used to copy numbers and paste on the dial pad and used to call. Now this is also removed.

Suren
    Attached Thumbnails smart select to sms-1441015969174.jpg  
    08-31-2015 05:12 AM
    dialpad wasn't my original question.
    Lets say I see a funny picture on the web, I can select it and share it right then. If I select it and save it to the gallery, it can't be attached to a text from there as it say unsupported file type.
    08-31-2015 11:01 AM
    Sure enough...what gives? If you don't share it right then and there, seems like u can't. Well thats not cool.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 12:50 PM
    Figured it out. If you simply save a screen capture through Smart Select, it is saved as a png file. Those are unsupported. However, if you have a Smart Select capture then before saving to your Gallery select "write" and put any marking on the image then save to Gallery, it is saved as jpg which is supported and can be shared later via messaging.
    Katrina White1 and beh like this.
    08-31-2015 04:04 PM
    I spent almost an hour on chat with Samsung. There is not an explanation, as a screen shot is also a png file and that can be shared from the gallery. When you initially take the smart select shot, it is still a png, saving to the gallery doesn't change the format of the picture.

So, I say all that to say this - Samsung can't figure it out or answer the question either.
    beh likes this.
    08-31-2015 04:09 PM
    True but I tried both ways, one works and one doesnt
    08-31-2015 04:17 PM
    Figured it out. If you simply save a screen capture through Smart Select, it is saved as a png file. Those are unsupported. However, if you have a Smart Select capture then before saving to your Gallery select "write" and put any marking on the image then save to Gallery, it is saved as jpg which is supported and can be shared later via messaging.
    I'd have NEVER figured that out!

08-31-2015 04:48 PM
    This worked for me also but it will work without actually marking on the capture, just select write on then save. Great job finding the workaround, thanks.

beh likes this.
    08-31-2015 06:48 PM
    Interesting work around, not really any extra effort....thanks for the input. I'm not a programming guru, but seems to me just a snafu in the system

thanks again
    08-31-2015 08:27 PM
    What I do is save to scrapbook then share from there. You can even select multiple pics to send at a time.
    09-03-2015 12:26 AM
    I have had this issue as well. I suggest EVERYONE tell Samsung about it so that it gets fixed in the next update. (Maybe it already has)
    10-28-2015 05:18 PM