Is there a way to turn off the alert that notifies you when wireless charging is engaged?

This phone sits on my nightstand and chimes and turns on the screen every time the wireless charging kicks in. This disturbs me and my wife while we're sleeping.

This is my second phone with wireless charging and to be honest it's pretty finicky/annoying. With the Nexus 6 I had to place the phone perfectly or it wouldn't charge and the phone would get pretty warm while on the charger. The Note 5 is pretty finiky on placement also. The screen on/notification sound are both pretty annoying to deal with.

What ever happended to docks?
    08-31-2015 09:24 AM
    The finicky placement is more with the qi charger than the phone. The charger in the phone is rather limited due to spice limitations on the phone. The qi chargers with 3 coils allow more placement options than the single coil models.

I am not as sure about the sound or the turning on of the light. I take my screen off of auto and dim it to the lowest setting. Now you may be able to turn the notification sounds off and see if that does it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 09:51 AM
    Try the Spigen wireless charger. It designed like a dock. It works great.

08-31-2015 10:38 AM
    Here's the Spigen wireless charger.

Attached Thumbnails Turn off wireless charging sound....-321.jpg  
    08-31-2015 10:42 AM
    The qi chargers with 3 coils allow more placement options than the single coil models.

I am not as sure about the sound or the turning on of the light. I take my screen off of auto and dim it to the lowest setting. Now you may be able to turn the notification sounds off and see if that does it.

I bought one with 3 coils from Amazon. It was pretty highly rated I can only imagine how much of a PITA a single coil unit would be.

I haven't tried turning down the sound. I did set up do not disturb with exceptions.

Sounds like I'll have to wait for the ROM makers.
    08-31-2015 12:22 PM
    I use a paid app from the play store called Tasker. I have a task that I run when I go.to bed. The task turns down my volume and adjusts my display brightness. I believe you can use exceptions for it as well.

08-31-2015 12:27 PM