I like many others here in the forums have had the privelage to own many top tier smartphones. I've owned all of the Note Devices except for the original, the S6 edge, S5, S4, S3, Nexus 6, G3, HTC M8, Iphone 4, 4s, 5, droid, droid X, droid turbo, and so on.

For years iPhone users pointed to the "it just works" reasoning for their platform and device pick and for years they had valid claims. I still think the 6, and 6 plus are fantastic devices and I am sure hte 6S/6S+ will continue to hold the same values as their predecessors. Choosing iOS and iPhone over android came with the loss of custimization but had stellar UI performance and reliability.

In the android world you would need to turn to a pure device to get UI performance comparable to an iPhone. With Stock andorid though you loose all the added functionality samsung adds to its devices (like it or not)

For me this may be the first time i've owned a Samsung device and it actually performs without any lag, hiccups, studders, etc. Just looking at the Forums titles you can see that users are not reporting lag issues. I hope my device continues to perform at this level, only time will tell. It is exciting having a device that does it all and doesnt compromise on the UI fluidity front.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 09:33 AM
    I totally agree. I've also owned all Notes except for the original one and have loved the series ever since, but yeah, Samsung couldn't do lag-free devices before. The Note 5 feels amazingly fast, and yup, an iFriend said the same thing: Finally a Sammy phone that feels fluid. He even went on to quietly admit it's better than his iPhone.

Well done, Samsung, even if it took you 10 years.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:40 AM
    I definitely agree with this. I've had every single iPhone from the 3G to the 6 Plus. I've had about 7 Android phones over the years starting with the Motorola Atrix. My last Android phone was the Note 4 which lasted about a month. I've never been happier with an Android as i do with the Note 5. A real quality built phone with no plastic and the smoothness is amazing. I've never seen a single bit of lag. Have tons of apps open in the recent apps and everything is butter. Finally pleased with an Android phone that performs so well and quality like and iPhone built phone.
    08-31-2015 10:44 AM