10-06-2015 09:39 PM
55 123
    2 weeks in with the Note 5 and I'm no longer receiving Gmail push notifications. This really blows.

I had a feeling it would take a dump sooner or later.
    09-18-2015 02:47 PM
    2 weeks in with the Note 5 and I'm no longer receiving Gmail push notifications. This really blows.

I had a feeling it would take a dump sooner or later.
    I just got mine, too. Thinking it would be ok at this point. Has anything else changed? What have you tried to do to fix it?
    09-18-2015 10:14 PM
    Is this just while the device is in 'sleep' mode?
    09-19-2015 11:13 PM
    Hi guys, I would like to share my frustration with this gmail sync issue with you. I am using an LG G4, but please don't think this is irrelevant, at least it tells you that it is not a Samsung exclusive issue... So here is my 2 cents: I tried literally everything I could find online including two factory resets and even exchanging a couple of routers. For me the most ridiculous thing is that I have a nexus 7 pad and the latter always receives sync instantly even in the same wifi environment while my G4 was sitting next to it and behaved very like your Samsung phones, sometimes it was fast, more often it is between 2min and a few hours delay. Absolutely nothing could solve it.

I am almost certain that this is a very complex bug because I saw it affects many Nexus phones as well and there is no general solution. Some people had luck by deleting/adding back gmail account but they were merely the lucky ones. There are various theories about the possible cause of this bug and even a few apps trying to address it. You can search something like "PNF" or "Force gmail sync" in play store and try to see if they work for you (as a workaround). I found some of them sometimes work, sometimes (much more often) they don't. I am still trying to figure out which one is the most reliable (it begins to look like none of them is reliable on my phone)

Also I just noticed that the push function of K-9 seems to be working on my phone pretty well and reliable. You may want to give it (or any similar 3rd-party app). K-9 uses IMAP push which seems to be more reliable compared to the broken google sync. I am not sure if push costs more battery drain but I don't really care anymore after the gmail frustration...

Hopefully with the introduction of Android M this bug will be fixed (at least to us...)
    10-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Similar issue but mine only has the problem when on my WiFi at home. No problem on 4g or my work WiFi.

Sent from my Note 5 using tapatalk
    10-06-2015 09:39 PM
55 123