Why doesn't Leo Laporte just return his broken Note 5 instead of complaining about it on every show

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Why doesn't Leo Laporte just return his broken Note 5 instead
of complaining about it on every show and podcast?

I love the guy and after G4TV, I thought he retired to Hawaii
or something... until I stumbled upon his YouTube channel
with all those great videos last week. (sometimes two or
three times within one 2-hour show)

I really don't get why he doesn't just pack it up and return it
for a refund at the AT&T store.

The reason he cited was that he loved the Note 5 too much
and doesn't want to part with it. According to him, since AT&T
store doesn't do exchanges, they can only give him a refund.

Can't Mr. Laporte just buy another one with the refund? :)

Or does AT&T store have some strict rule about not allowing
customers who returns the Note 5 to buy another one later?

Very confused.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like the guy just likes to have something to complain about. The other option is that "common sense" is not very common ;^)

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
something just occurred to me... do people who frequent
AndroidCentral know who Leo Laporte is? :) :(

Or perhaps only old geezers like myself know who he is?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know who he was till the SPen situation came about last week. A user here said he was on talking about it so I tuned in. I actually still don't know him. All I know is he got his pen stuck. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Leo is great. Been watching him for years and years. Apparently he's not very handy though cause I'd have the stuck spen unstuck in a couple min.... Without breaking it. ;)

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Someone's got to forward Leo this video from Flossy Carter (skip to 8m46s into the video)...

[video]https://youtu.be/eoS111LAjNs?t=8m46s[/url]

I love that guy. His views on the stuck s-pen situation mirror mine as well but he can put it much better and funnier :)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Someone's got to forward Leo this video from Flossy Carter (skip to 8m46s into the video)...

[video]https://youtu.be/eoS111LAjNs?t=8m46s[/url]

Gotta love Flossy, he's got a unique way of seeing things. Now I gotta go make me a sandwich, I'm still hungry :)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I watch many shows on Twit network and every time he brings to this, I'm like you can just return and buy another one. He is little uninformed on stuff like this, he paid full price and extended his 2 years contract on AT&T. I'm like really Leo ?? You are the tech guy and you don't know how to buy a phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I watch many shows on Twit network and every time he brings to this, I'm like you can just return and buy another one. He is little uninformed on stuff like this, he paid full price and extended his 2 years contract on AT&T. I'm like really Leo ?? You are the tech guy and you don't know how to buy a phone.

oh yeah.... I was wondering about that as well. How could Leo pay full retail
price on the AT&T Note 5 and extend his AT&T contract by another 2 years
at the same time? I didn't think that was possible even if the AT&T store
employee wanted to do that on purpose, or am I wrong??? :)

That's like buying a house with cash and sign a 2-year lease on the same
house at the same time, no? :)

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't agree totally with flossy. Many people have kids, many people use the phone in the dark, many people are sometimes in a rush, many people have quick brain farts. Fact is, there is zero resistance while inserting the pen backwards. It IS a design flaw. But still an easy fix without screwing up your phone.

I'm 100 sure I would never insert it wrong, but at the same time. My Kids use my phone from time to time.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
oh yeah.... I was wondering about that as well. How could Leo pay full retail
price on the AT&T Note 5 and extend his AT&T contract by another 2 years
at the same time? I didn't think that was possible even if the AT&T store
employee wanted to do that on purpose, or am I wrong??? :)

That's like buying a house with cash and sign a 2-year lease on the same
house at the same time, no? :)
Probably he does it online and selects upgrade phone and by default they will have the 2 year extension selected or something?

Either way he still thinks you can't buy for full price without extending contract which is disturbing. Looks like he is not even trying, just say crazy things on the show without bothering to check or verify. Crazy thing is no other member of his team corrects him.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably he does it online and selects upgrade phone and by default they will have the 2 year extension selected or something?

Either way he still thinks you can't buy for full price without extending contract which is disturbing. Looks like he is not even trying, just say crazy things on the show without bothering to check or verify. Crazy thing is no other member of his team corrects him.

Apparently Leo Laporte does read this forum once in a while, so maybe he'll see this post? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad