Why doesn't Leo Laporte just return his broken Note 5 instead of complaining about it on every show

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey - I love Leo and I listen religiously to TWIG and TWIT. Great shows.

Even though he screwed-up his N5, he still loves it and it's currently his DD.

I think he'll be using it for a while, and may even come back to it over time. He was a big fan of last year's N4.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I think he'll be using it for a while, and may even come back to it over time. He was a big fan of last year's N4.

He did not screw up the Note 5. Samsung did.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but I have no idea who this man is. ..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He started out on techtv on a show called The Screensavers but has since moved on to YouTube it seems. Might be getting too old now judging by his endless ranting and forgetting where things go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
He started out on techtv on a show called The Screensavers but has since moved on to YouTube it seems. Might be getting too old now judging by his endless ranting and forgetting where things go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And paying full price for a phone and signing a contract also lol

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by billykac

Centerwaters replied:
He did not screw up the Note 5. Samsung did.

From a product design standpoint, I am 100% there with you. There is no good reason why Samsung should have designed a product that can so easily be used in a manner that will damage the product. This is bad design from a Design101 perspective.

Further, the only thing worse than baking-in a design flaw and not catching it in your internal design reviews and eventually in your usability testing is to then rely on band-aids to cover up bad design once in production:
- User Manual instructions that endeavor to keep the user from hurting her/himself or the product
- Warning signs on the product itself
attachment.php

So, bad on Samsung for this? Yes.
But, Leo was just being Leo on the show. He could have heeded the advice of others not to put the S-Pen in backwards. But, we wouldn't want Leo any other way. :)

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
So, bad on Samsung for this? Yes.
But, Leo was just being Leo on the show. He could have heeded the advice of others not to put the S-Pen in backwards. But, we wouldn't want Leo any other way. :)

oh well, it's all now a moo point anyway because a plain straw can now easily fix the problem. :)

Attachments

• moo_point_cow.jpg
    moo_point_cow.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 94

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
And paying full price for a phone and signing a contract also lol

He owns multiple phones on different carriers, so he can try them out and review them for listeners. It's a different deal, than someone just having one device

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000