11-10-2015 04:25 PM
66 123
tools
    perhaps they want to see if that will steer people towards the iPhone 6S Plus. I highly suspect that Verizon corporate stores get better commission or performance reviews if they push customers towards the iPhones. Whenever I walk into the store, the first thing that I hear is "would you like to see the new iPhones?" and everything iPhone-related is always right at the entrance. They place the new Note 5 and the "old" S6 phones in the very back of the store, right next to the payment machine.(which is in a very dark corner next to the flip phones) Not to mention the fact that they always seem very proud to mention "everybody working all have iPhones" (according to the corporate store manager. Let's not forget that I get at least one email per week and one post card in the mail every other week, directly from Verizon corproate, offering me special deals for Verizon iPhones. I've been a Verizon customer 15 years. For the last 5 years, I've had over 10 Android phones on my account. Never any iPhones. Yet, I have NEVER received any email or post cards about special deals on Android phones from Verizon.
    The Verizon stores by me are set up exactly the opposite. When you walk in the first thing you see are the new Note 5 and Edge plus. Before that it was the Galaxy 6 and Note 4. The iPhones are in the back and off to the side. I own both Android and iPhone and I get emails for mostly android phones. Very few emails for iPhone except when the new ones are released. The stores must have some control I guess. I'm not sure about the emails though. Weird.
    09-07-2015 08:14 PM
    You can get an international version.

I'm not sure about Verizon, but I know T-Mobile variants will work on AT&T. You could check and see if they will work on Verizon.
    Won't work for Verizon. You must have the Verizon Note 5. Any other variant won't work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-07-2015 11:56 PM
    Won't work for Verizon. You must have the Verizon Note 5. Any other variant won't work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Oh that is bad.. I'm glad I never went with Verizon.
    09-08-2015 12:07 AM
    I'm curious - is anyone holding off on purchasing for a while to see if a Verizon white 64gb is indeed released in the next month or two? I'm trying to hold out for a while. Normally I don't really care so much about phone colors, but I do feel like white is very much a signature of the Galaxy line and if I'm paying an arm and a leg for the phone it should be in my preferred color. Not saying I won't cave and go for the black, but my current S4 (white!) is still ticking so I figure I'll wait it out for a while.
    09-08-2015 07:42 PM
    I'm curious - is anyone holding off on purchasing for a while to see if a Verizon white 64gb is indeed released in the next month or two? I'm trying to hold out for a while. Normally I don't really care so much about phone colors, but I do feel like white is very much a signature of the Galaxy line and if I'm paying an arm and a leg for the phone it should be in my preferred color. Not saying I won't cave and go for the black, but my current S4 (white!) is still ticking so I figure I'll wait it out for a while.
    Well one thing.. It isn't really white. It is more of a cream color.
    09-08-2015 08:44 PM
    Broke down and ordered up the Black 64GB from Verizon this morning.
    09-08-2015 08:46 PM
    Broke down and ordered up the Black 64GB from Verizon this morning.
    car dealers must love you.... I made the mistake when I bought my current car. I wanted a white color, but the dealer didn't have any white ones available with factory navigation in stock. Not really sure how it happened, but the sales manager managed to convince to "settle" for a silver one with factory navigation and sports package(with 20" wheels) for the same price. I basically got the sports package for free, but boy oh boy, those 20" wheels and 35-series tires make one bone-jarring ride around NYC.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-08-2015 10:15 PM
    thread title:
    Why isn't there an option for the Note 5 64gb on Verizon
    i should have read more of the posts, didnt realize they were looking for white...sorry
    09-09-2015 06:09 PM
    i plan to hold out as long as i can, but I'm getting to the point now where I'm very impatient and my iPhone isn't holding on too well lol but i agree with you, color does matter, especially if we are paying for it.
    09-09-2015 08:51 PM
    I've been holding out too. I'm hoping Verizon counter attacks the iPhone 6S with maybe the platinum Note 5....I can wish??
    ctychick likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:31 AM
    Any news?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-09-2015 11:14 PM
    Any news?

Posted via Android Central App
    News on what?
    11-10-2015 11:16 AM
    Oh that is bad.. I'm glad I never went with Verizon.
    Why is that a surprise? VZW is CDMA, AT&T and Tmobile are GSM. So, you have to buy a phone with a CDMA radio in it to get it to work on VZW's network. Phones made specifically for AT&T's networks won't work, although phones that are made to work across networks (like the Nexus 6 and iPhones) will do fine.

Personally, I couldn't care less about color because I always have a case on my phone (not that I don't like the black anyway). I though about the white phone just because it would not show fingerprints to the same extent, but its not like I ever use the phone without a case anyway.

I'm way more annoyed that a 128 gb version is not available, which I find perplexing. I don't personally NEED that much storage but I probably would have opted for it just to be on the safe side.
    11-10-2015 12:10 PM
    Best Buy has them listed for other carriers. Seems to me that Verizon isn't even selling them at all or back ordering.
    You are correct. The information I gathered was that Verizon opted out of the white 64GB model. It was never offered though in the pre-release days there was for a short time a place-marker page on the Verizon website.
    11-10-2015 02:30 PM
    or one of these microSD card readers that is small enough to leave plugged into the phone and doesn't require the OTG cable portion at all.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R0ZAMTM/...cUvbUpU4819251

or this 64GB flash drives in a USB & microUSB plug also small enough to have plugged in while you use the phone.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4819251
    11-10-2015 02:34 PM
    or one of these microSD card readers that is small enough to leave plugged into the phone and doesn't require the OTG cable portion at all.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R0ZAMTM/...cUvbUpU4820017

or this 64GB flash drives in a USB & microUSB plug also small enough to have plugged in while you use the phone.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4820017
    Yeah, sorry but that's not small enough to leave connected while you use the phone practically

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2015 04:25 PM
66 123