View Poll Results: How many cases do you use regularly?

9. You may not vote on this poll
  • One - I find one I like, and I stick with it

4 44.44%
  • Many - I change based on my activity

2 22.22%
  • Many - I change for variety

1 11.11%
  • Other - Please explain

2 22.22%
    I was watching Flossy Carter's review of the current Spigen cases for the Note 5 (video below)...

In the video, he talks about the case he takes to the gym, the case he takes for general purpose, the case he uses when he goes on a date, etc...

I have always been a one case user. I find a case I like, and I use it until it needs replacing... I might have a spare or two in my side table drawer, but for the most part, they are just there in case my main case breaks or gets damaged.

It got me wondering what most of you do as it relates to cases... Do you change your cases often? Do you change your case based on your activity, or maybe just to add a little variety to what you are carrying from day-to-day? And if you do regularly cycle between cases, how many cases do you cycle through?

As I mentioned, I rock one single case for the life of the phone... And it is typically the same style... A generic black or clear TPU case that has a nice raised lip to protect the screen from sitting flush on the table when placing my phone face-down, that also protects the camera lens from contacting the table surface when sitting on a table face-up.

For those interested, here's Flossy's Spigen case review video for the Note 5:
    09-01-2015 09:29 AM
    I got the black carbon fiber one and it's going back. It came cracked by where the spen goes, otherwise it's a nice case. I ordered a Seidio Dilex combo for mine and I have used the commuter type on several phones before and prefer their holster for my usage.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-01-2015 09:58 AM
    None. Naked phone kinda guy here.
    09-01-2015 10:20 AM
    I'm no where near Flossy's level! I have a clear Verus for every day and I have 2 more coming in. One is a brushed metal I think and the other is clear but has a kick stand. I don't even remember if they're Spigen, Obliq, Ringke...I've looked at so many. A case is a must though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-01-2015 10:45 AM
    Don't use a case. I do apply a ballistic glass screen protector.
    The ergonomic feel of the Note 5 is not something I want to hide in a case.
    I have been giving some thought to applying a leather skin to the back.....
    09-01-2015 10:54 AM
    I usually buy cases when they are on sale. For some reason I ended up with 14 cases for my S5 edge, lol.

There haven't been many sales yet for the Note5.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:12 AM
    I'm got the Otterbox defender and just didn't install the screen protector piece. If got zagg glass screen protector. The case adds some size and bilk but honestly i have dropped my note 4 and probably will drop this one. Even though it have the full warranty it's a pain to re setup.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 11:44 AM
    I just buy a Tech 21 and leave it on. Nothing else that's thin-ish makes me feel confident against drops. Having 14 cases seems like it would get pretty expensive.
    09-01-2015 12:24 PM
    I just buy a Tech 21 and leave it on. Nothing else that's thin-ish makes me feel confident against drops. Having 14 cases seems like it would get pretty expensive.
    I dont think I spent more than $100 on all 14 cases. lol
    09-01-2015 01:19 PM
    I dont think I spent more than $100 on all 14 cases. lol
    $100 is the difference between at 32gb and a 64gb....
    09-01-2015 01:36 PM
    I have some clear incipio case that's great and a spigen slim armor. I prefer the incipio case. Can't imagine not putting a case in this fragile beast.
    09-01-2015 02:42 PM
    I bought a lot of cases for S6 edge mostly on sale. I hardly used them. I did not put a screen protector on the edge because of the pain with the curved display. I only used wallet style cases for a while but the drawback is they make it difficult to use your smartphone as a phone. Finally settled on the Seidio Dilex with holster and kept it on until the day I traded the edge in for the Note 5. Bought a black Case Mate case and tempered glass screen protector for the Note 5 at T-mobile the day I purchased it. The Case Mate case is OK but adds bulk to phone that I did not want. I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid from Amazon, clear case with gold bumper. I recently ordered a blue and white Caseology case and blue and black Obliq case from Amazon. Should receive them in the next few days. I am looking for case that best optimizes protection without bulk and grip. The bumper on the Spigen Neo Hybrid is not grippy enough for me.
    09-01-2015 03:27 PM
    I have a few cases already. Will try to keep the case purchases down

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-01-2015 05:32 PM
    I always seem to buy 2 cases. An incipio dual pro and one other one that I've wanted to try out at the time. I end up using the incipio 99% of the time.

Unfortunately the incipio that's out now doesn't fit correctly so I'm using a speck grip case. It's nice but I'll probably switch when incipio makes some cases that fit properly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 05:56 PM
    I have 3 now and im gonna get an extended battery case hopefully with a micro sd card ive been reading about online
    09-01-2015 09:14 PM