Hey. Trying to figure out why my widgets aren't working correctly on my note 5. I first noticed it with the clock widget I had on my home screen when the time didn't match with the actual time. When I set the clock widget to the screen it puts the time correctly but then never changes. I thought maybe it was just that one but all of my widgets are doing the same thing.

My Verizon data widget isn't updating either. It shows my current amount when I set it but it then never updates. Same for any other widget I set.

Anybody have an idea why this is? Is there a setting that was accidentally turned off or is something wrong with the phone?
    09-01-2015 05:30 PM
    Did you change your launcher?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 05:34 PM
    Nope. Stock launcher. I should have mentioned if I restart the phone they will start working again for a while. But even restarting doesn't work every time. Not sure what's going on.
    09-01-2015 05:36 PM
    Do you have it set to refresh when you unlock the phone?
    My weather widget is set to refresh every 6 hours. I usually just press the refresh button.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-01-2015 05:49 PM
    I'm searching the forums for an answer to the same problem. I use Transparent Weather and while the lockscreen and system clock are up to date, the widget clock is frozen. Only thing I've done to change the phone is switch to Google Now launcher. I've found a lot of folks that have the same problem but haven't found a solution yet.

Mike
    09-22-2015 12:34 PM
    Are you using Greenify, ShutApp or Doze?
    09-22-2015 03:12 PM
    So, I did more digging and one of the recommendations was to clear system cache. On the Note 5, you power off, hold the volume up and home buttons then hold the power button until the splash screen appears. Give the phone time to get to the boot menu then use the volume keys to navigate up and down and the power button as the enter key. Anyway, I cleared the system cache shortly after I posted here and so far my Transparent Weather widget is working normally. May be a coincidence, and if it fails again, I'll post here but so far so good.

Mike
    09-22-2015 11:56 PM
    Since clearing system cache, I've had no further trouble with my widgets. I did the same thing on my work phone (S4) and it's working well. Seems to be an easy and effective fix.

Mike
    09-27-2015 03:09 AM