09-25-2015 05:10 AM
128 ... 23456
tools
    I finally got my email today telling me that I was accepted, so I opened the Samsung pay app in my Note 5, in fact, I've been opening it every time I remember for 5 hours now, but I never get the Install button. So I got home about an hour ago and went directly to my S6 edge and at the first try there was the install button on it.

I installed it and tried to set my actual cards, none are from US Bank or Bank of America and as expected they couldn't be registered, then I tried my American Express cards, and both times after it begins to try to register I was brought to this American Express Agreement acceptance and it seemed as it was going to work and then it also failed. So maybe American Express maybe possible to use soon, before the Beta ends, if not, then there is no other option than to wait until it's finally live.

But the question is why does my S6 edge works but the Note 5 doesn't have the install button?
    09-11-2015 05:56 PM
    Actually, AMEX should work. Again, if it doesn't you need to call and go over your issue.
    09-11-2015 05:58 PM
    Actually, AMEX should work. Again, if it doesn't you need to call and go over your issue.
    Question, why do you think Amex should work with the Beta? As far as I can see it just says that for the Beta only Bank of America and US banks are accepted, I was just curious to know if by any chance they may work.
    09-11-2015 06:45 PM
    Question, why do you think Amex should work with the Beta? As far as I can see it just says that for the Beta only Bank of America and US banks are accepted, I was just curious to know if by any chance they may work.
    Because when I talked to them I was told that Amex was already in the system but the information was not public. But, the guy who told me this yesterday may have been wrong although he checked with someone before giving telling me this. I think the only ones that we should assume work are the ones listed.
    erasat likes this.
    09-11-2015 06:49 PM
    I got my acceptance Wednesday night. I installed on Thursday, but the locations I have gone to do not work with it. This weekend I will probably try it at Publix and Walmart.
    09-11-2015 06:50 PM
    Apparently I haven't gotten the install because when I replaced my device, it wasnt the one I registered Samsung Pay with...so they are gonna switch it to my new device. They said Samsung Pay automatically records you IMEI and my old device was registered with it

Cant wait to try it once I get it
    erasat likes this.
    09-11-2015 06:54 PM
    Apparently I haven't gotten the install because when I replaced my device, it wasnt the one I registered Samsung Pay with...so they are gonna switch it to my new device. They said Samsung Pay automatically records you IMEI and my old device was registered with it

Cant wait to try it once I get it
    It may be what is happening to me as I got the Note 5 just last week and I requested to be part of the Beta when it began 2 weeks ago.

I'll need to contact them too, thanks.
    09-11-2015 07:15 PM
    It may be what is happening to me as I got the Note 5 just last week and I requested to be part of the Beta when it began 2 weeks ago.

I'll need to contact them to, thanks.
    Yup do the live chat they should be able to fix it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    erasat likes this.
    09-11-2015 07:22 PM
    I've been using it daily and it's amazing. Used it today at a soda machine and the person next to me just said "Wow" ☺
    SwaggerMD likes this.
    09-11-2015 08:50 PM
    Yup do the live chat they should be able to fix it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    It was just like in your case, they need to register my Note 5 to replace the S6 Edge on thir system, the guy took my information and he needs to escalate it and wait for the tech department to complete the process, and then I'm supposed to be able to get the update on the Note.

Related to the Amex that is failing, they told me that I needed to clear cache and data from Samsung Pay and Clear Cache from Samsung Pay Framework and reboot but it didn't fix it, he didn't tell me that the Amex were not accepted and he told me that I need to wait until I get it on the Note to see if it fails in there too, he thinks that it may be the app on the edge. But because I need to wait for them to register my Note on the system, I won't be able to know until then, I'll let you know later.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    09-11-2015 08:57 PM
    Any benefit to Samsung Pay over Android Pay? Any benefit to either of these over the Google Wallet I used on my NS4G?
    09-11-2015 09:01 PM
    Any benefit to Samsung Pay over Android Pay? Any benefit to either of these over the Google Wallet I used on my NS4G?
    Samsung pay works on any magnetic terminal and nfc. A drop pay is nfc only. I have litteraly used my phone to pay for everything at all different places using my note 5 regardless of the kind of payment terminal different places have.
    09-12-2015 07:57 PM
    Man, it works like a charm. The lady thought I was using Apple pay. I told her no Samsung Pay and she looked at me strange and then said what is that. I tried to explain but she seemed confused and kept telling me I was wrong it is Apple pay. I just said ok and have a nice day.
    09-13-2015 06:46 PM
    I was accepted a couple of days ago and used Samsung Pay for the first time in the local grocery store. Worked like a charm, but I was surprised I still had to enter my pin. I think I can get used to this.
    09-13-2015 08:02 PM
    I was accepted a couple of days and used Samsung Pay for the first time in the local grocery store. Worked like a charm, but I was surprised I still had to enter my pin. I think I can get used to this.
    How about using fingerprint?
    09-13-2015 09:34 PM
    I got my invite today, installed it and I keep getting a connection error: 645104. I may have to try later in the evening. Has anyone added their card and received a similar error?
    Did you ever get this sorted? I requested for beta testing, but never received an invation but when I started the app the install was available for me to install. When trying to add my US bank debit card I keep getting the same error (645104).
    09-14-2015 12:46 AM
    How about using fingerprint?
    SP is set up to use my fingerprint, but the retail terminal still asked for my card pin. Curiously, I never received any notification on my phone that the transaction was completed either.
    09-14-2015 12:57 AM
    SP is set up to use my fingerprint, but the retail terminal still asked for my card pin. Curiously, I never received any notification on my phone that the transaction was completed either.
    This happened with apple pay as well. Some terminals need that card pin for some reason

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    09-14-2015 04:55 AM
    I finally signed up this morning but doubt I'll get a reply with the "Go Live" only 17 days away!
    Wow! I got my email this morning, updated the software, added my card and got all signed up - surprised me. I thought they would just wait until "Go Live" at this point. Now I just have to work up the balls to try it... old school chicken!!!
    09-14-2015 02:21 PM
    I just got my invite today and am all setup. It was a breeze to do. Added my BoA card. Just wish I could add my Amex as it is my go to card.
    jimd1050 and phone-a-holic like this.
    09-14-2015 03:16 PM
    YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!

I was approved early this afternoon.

Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?-sam.png
    09-14-2015 08:00 PM
    I got accepted last week and still no way of installing and using it

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-14-2015 08:30 PM
    I got accepted last week and still no way of installing and using it

Wow....that's interesting. I'm all set to go, installed (26mb), added card, ready to go. No glitches so far.
    09-14-2015 09:42 PM
    Wow....that's interesting. I'm all set to go, installed (26mb), added card, ready to go. No glitches so far.
    Unfortunately not me
    Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?-uploadfromtaptalk1442309387432.jpg

09-15-2015 04:30 AM
    Unfortunately not me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1442309387432.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	196845

That's so odd. As soon as I opened the app after receiving the email I saw the install button. And you are signed into your samsung account on the phone? Have you disabled anything that may be causing the issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 05:59 AM
128 ... 23456