Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?

mrcobra92

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
No. I have not. I switched to Android from iOS for Samsung Pay specifically. I signed up for the beta days ago and have yet to receive any emails or updates. Very lame, but I'm sure I will get one eventually.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No. I have not. I switched to Android from iOS for Samsung Pay specifically. I signed up for the beta days ago and have yet to receive any emails or updates. Very lame, but I'm sure I will get one eventually.

To be fair, it is a BETA. You are not getting screwed until late September when the full roll out is complete.

Subzero1313

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
So I got the email saying i was accepted yesterday, but when I go to the app, nothing happens. It just shows the "coming soon" thing that it always has. Do I have to do anything special? Or just wait?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
So I got the email saying i was accepted yesterday, but when I go to the app, nothing happens. It just shows the "coming soon" thing that it always has. Do I have to do anything special? Or just wait?
I feel like when I accepted my invite, I hit the link in the email, and that brought me to the app on the phone and I went from there. My setup was so easy. If im right, try the link in the email. I don't have the email anymore so I can't confirm.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrcobra92

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
To be fair, it is a BETA. You are not getting screwed until late September when the full roll out is complete.

True, but just annoying. I work in point of sale and have wanted to test this from day one. I was actually one of the first beta testers for Loop Pay.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Got the email here as well but the app has no info to install. No updates are available either :(

I was also accepted but I don't have a software update or anything to install under the Samsung Pay. I received the email yesterday.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

gutt3

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I've been using sPay for a few days now on my gs6e and it is literally magic!

After they send you your confirmation into the beta, you may want to clear the cache/data of the sPay app so that it can re-fetch your credentials, because it is linked to your samsung account.

Also, my app installer didn't work for some reason (couldn't press install button ) , so if that happens, again, you should clear the cache/data of the app/ package installer.

After that, its magic. i went to the store and when i put it up to the stripe it approved so fast i thought it was a fluke!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was accepted last week and I have been using it every day. Lady at sams club said "Oh no, you can't do that,, we don't have the tap to pay pads"... I told her to step back and watch the magic... She was dumbfounded lol.

Note 5 is DOPE

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Alert and receipt. Is that function u have to turn on, because when I use it I don't see alert or receipt.

I haven't received an alert or receipt either when I used it. Neither of my transactions from 5 days ago show up in the app.

SwaggerMD

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Got the Email on the 28th and signed up yesterday. Used in CVS today. The young clerk exclaimed "Maaaan! That's wicked cool!!" Tried to hide my excitement throughout. lol

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Man can't wait to tryi it. I've been using Google Wallet for along time. So hopefully, Samsung Pay will be faster and doesn't require the app open or screen on to work.

1) Does it work while screen is off or do you have to turn the screen on?

2) What about refunds? If so, who does it work?

3) Does it work on the N920I (International version though AT&T or T-Mobile)

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
True, but just annoying. I work in point of sale and have wanted to test this from day one. I was actually one of the first beta testers for Loop Pay.

After several days, and 2, yes, 2 accepted invites, I finally got to actually install Samsung Pay, and load in a card. It took many days, and a call to support (which was several days ago). I work in a store, and I was hoping to try it out... and I will tomorrow... but after checking every few hours during the day today (and yesterday, and the day before) it finally changed all by itself to the install and setup process.

It was weird, it took my US Bank Visa Check Card, but I had to call US bank, at a number that Samsung Pay provided in the app, to actually verify my identity and then they say they activated it. I have to imagine that would become a very laborious process for them if it becomes a very common thing. But right now, being beta and only on a few select devices, I imagine the number of people calling is limited.

The operator at US Bank was very pleasant, and knew exactly what I was talking about when I told her. It took maybe 30 second for them to answer and verify my account info, and then maybe 10 second after that to activate my card on my device. Awesome... thats the kind of lag on Samsung I like.

I was also surprised (maybe I didn't research enough) that there is now a slight white "tab" along the bottom of the home screen(Touch Wiz). That I can drag up and reveal my card so I can use it. Looks similar to the edge tab that the 6 edge uses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz