09-25-2015 05:10 AM
128 123 ...
tools
    I just did! Guess I'm kinda excited
    Anyone else? I can't seem to get it to install though

Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?-uploadfromtaptalk1441150679552.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    09-01-2015 06:38 PM
    Yep. I got accepted last week and used it for the first time last night. Works similar to Apple Pay. The difference was, I used it at a place without NFC. Very cool! I immediately got an alert and receipt on my phone too. Worked like a charm.
    smooth4lyfe and Gray Area like this.
    09-01-2015 06:46 PM
    Yep. I got accepted last week and used it for the first time last night. Works similar to Apple Pay. The difference was, I used it at a place without NFC. Very cool! I immediately got an alert and receipt on my phone too. Worked like a charm.
    How long did it take after you got the email before u were able to install it?

09-01-2015 06:56 PM
    I think a day or two after I requested it. I was surprised at how quick it was.
    09-01-2015 06:57 PM
    I still haven't been accepted yet, but then again I'm with Verizon so know not to hold my breathe.
    09-01-2015 06:58 PM
    Got accepted but I don't use BoA or US bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-01-2015 07:02 PM
    Got the email here as well but the app has no info to install. No updates are available either
    09-01-2015 07:05 PM
    How easy was it using it at a place with no NFC? I got accepted and all set up myself tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-01-2015 07:30 PM
    Got accepted last week, set up was super easy and it has been a joy using. Seeing some of the customers and clerks faces as I hold my phone to the magnetic swipe reader has been truly priceless. One dude asked me today how I was able to do that on my iPhone? I simply turned my phone around to show him the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 logo and walked away
    09-01-2015 07:33 PM
    Got accepted last week, set up was super easy and it has been a joy using. Seeing some of the customers and clerks faces as I hold my phone to the magnetic swipe reader has been truly priceless. One dude asked me today how I was able to do that on my iPhone? I simply turned my phone around to show him the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 logo and walked away
    Haha nice

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-01-2015 07:51 PM
    Just got accepted email tonight, can't wait!!

Posted via Android Central App
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-01-2015 07:56 PM
    Got it 4 days ago...was skeptical at first...but is super fast and easy. Never have to take out my card again. Super amazing!

Posted via the Android Central App
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-01-2015 08:11 PM
    This by far is one of the best features Samsung has ever come out with. If the BETA is running this good, can't wait til see a fully baked product

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 08:29 PM
    Got it last week. First attempt didn't work but since then its being doing great. Really like it.

TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-01-2015 08:42 PM
    Did the same thing at a Walmart last Saturday. As I was putting my phone up to the spot where you normally swipe your credit card, the cashier said "Apple Pay doesn't work at these registers". Just as she said this, it popped up approved! I turned the front of my phone towards her and said "Fortunately, this is not an Apple phone!" and smiled.
    09-01-2015 08:43 PM
    I got accepted last Thursday and have used it about 6 times. Super easy and cool. Only thing is I haven't seen any info in the app about my purchases like some beta testers have been saying. Maybe it is an issue that will be corrected with the fully baked version. I used it at Best Buy on Saturday and the cashier said that it wouldn't work because mobile payments wouldn't be available in store until September 17th. I told him to watch...held it up to the card terminal and it went right through. I think he was referring to Apple Pay.
    James8561 and TheDonJ77 like this.
    09-01-2015 09:06 PM
    Just signed up for beta program and just used my phone on non nfc (traditional) POS system, and it worked really well. I hope on 09/28 when Samsung pay goes live it opens to all credit cards.

TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-02-2015 12:35 AM
    Alert and receipt. Is that function u have to turn on, because when I use it I don't see alert or receipt.

09-02-2015 12:38 AM
    How long did it take after you got the email before u were able to install it?

About 5 days.

09-02-2015 12:38 AM
    Yeah the beta is limited to bank of America and some other bank. I use USAA so I guess I'll have to wait for it to roll out to the masses. Looks like it's simple to use. I already use my NFC to pay with my google wallet card so I'm familiar with the concept. Can't wait though.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-02-2015 01:41 AM
    No. I have not. I switched to Android from iOS for Samsung Pay specifically. I signed up for the beta days ago and have yet to receive any emails or updates. Very lame, but I'm sure I will get one eventually.
    09-02-2015 12:24 PM
    No. I have not. I switched to Android from iOS for Samsung Pay specifically. I signed up for the beta days ago and have yet to receive any emails or updates. Very lame, but I'm sure I will get one eventually.
    To be fair, it is a BETA. You are not getting screwed until late September when the full roll out is complete.
    09-02-2015 01:41 PM
    So I got the email saying i was accepted yesterday, but when I go to the app, nothing happens. It just shows the "coming soon" thing that it always has. Do I have to do anything special? Or just wait?
    09-02-2015 01:42 PM
    So I got the email saying i was accepted yesterday, but when I go to the app, nothing happens. It just shows the "coming soon" thing that it always has. Do I have to do anything special? Or just wait?
    I feel like when I accepted my invite, I hit the link in the email, and that brought me to the app on the phone and I went from there. My setup was so easy. If im right, try the link in the email. I don't have the email anymore so I can't confirm.

jneusch likes this.
    09-02-2015 02:33 PM
    No link in the email. It just tells me to open the app.
    09-02-2015 02:58 PM
128 123 ...