Save Action Memo and/or S Note to home screen (can't find)

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

On the Note 4, you could save a shortcut (NOT a widget) to the home screen for an Action Note or an S Note. For the life of me I cannot find it on the Note 5. Below is a pic of what I'm trying to explain:

compare.jpg

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
When you write an action memo, click more and then click pin to screen. It will put it on your screen and you can resize it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not there for me. I don't have my Note 4 with me at the moment, but pretty sure I've seen it there (never used it tho).
Screenshot_2015-09-02-16-40-50.jpg

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you download the extended features? Mines there and I downloaded them.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 1451.jpg
    1451.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 170

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

On the Note 4, you could save a shortcut (NOT a widget) to the home screen for an Action Note or an S Note. For the life of me I cannot find it on the Note 5. Below is a pic of what I'm trying to explain:

View attachment 194530

If you are using a third party launcher like Nova you will loose this option. I use Nova, switched back to TW and checked. It's there when I'm on TW but gone when I switch back to Nova. This is one of only a few options you loose when using a third party launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
That's a shame that the option isn't available if using another launcher, like Nova Prime...

I agree, however if you use OneNote, you can set a desktop shortcut to any OneNote page. So I have a daily "Quick Notes" page in OneNote that I use for running notes throughout my day. Works on Nova just fine.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree, however if you use OneNote, you can set a desktop shortcut to any OneNote page. So I have a daily "Quick Notes" page in OneNote that I use for running notes throughout my day. Works on Nova just fine.

Thank you for clearing all that up! OneNote it is then!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
answer - for me at least

I knew it was a feature because they showed me on the demo. I realized that since I had evernote installed it was my default account for saving s notes and action memos. On my note 4 that didn't seem to make a difference but on the note 5 even with the additional features installed you can't do it unless you set up your samsung account and then in the s note and action memo settings making sure it is the default account. Only a slight bummer for me since my previous sketches and notes were in evernote from my last phone. But try and look into that. Good luck everyone.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
You can do it with a little work.

Open my files
Click device storage
Click SnoteData
Find and long click the snote or action
memo you need and select more.
Click Add shortcut to home screen.
This works for Nova launcher.
After you do it a few times, it only takes few seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App

rkirshner

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
very interesting . btw this is the second time i read that you can resize a pinned action or s note that is on your home screen . i cant figure out how to do this . can you tell me
thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20