the demo Note 5 at my local Best Buy has severe burn-in on its screen, is that normal?

I stopped by this morning to play with the Note 5 and the S6 Edge+. Both had burn-in, but the Note 5 was quite severe. Anytime the screen display a white image(browser, for example), I can see a lot of afterimages of logos, icons and words that were burn into the screen.

The Samsung guy said that was due to the fact that they keep the phones on all day long. He said the burn-in was pretty much permanent. They are open 11 hours each day. Does that mean if I accidentally leave my phone's screen on for several hours, it will get irreversible burn-in as well. More importantly, is this covered by the Samsung warranty or Asurion(or SquareTrade) extended protection plans?

Thanks!
    09-02-2015 04:10 PM
    Wow... That's troubling news... The phone hasn't been around long enough to get screen burn in, has it?
    09-02-2015 05:09 PM
    I wouldn't trust any demo units as a final decision for the product. They are loaded up with demo software and run for hours on end with the screen displaying the same thing over and over.
    09-02-2015 05:20 PM
    I wouldn't trust any demo units as a final decision for the product. They are loaded up with demo software and run for hours on end with the screen displaying the same thing over and over.
    And at the highest brightness possible.
    debdroid1a and Almeuit like this.
    09-02-2015 05:21 PM
    My Note 2 has Waze burned into the screen. It can happen. Think about it though, store demo phones almost never go to sleep, and have the screen brightness up as high as it can go.
    ccpopham likes this.
    09-02-2015 06:00 PM
    And at the highest brightness possible.
    yeah, that's true.... all the demo Samsung phones at Best Buy were at max brightness.

the reason I'm even slightly worried was that I once played a video on my Note 4.... pressed paused and went to answer a phone call on my landline. It was a long phone call from my girlfriend.(wife and I were separated at the time) Two hours later, i went back to the kitchen and the Note 4 was still displaying the paused video image at about 85% brightness. It freaked me out. Fortunately, there was no burn-in from two hours of displaying the same image. But what if I had the Note 4 plugged into a charger and then left the house? It would have burned in for sure. MX Player has since fixed that bug via an update, fortunately.
    09-02-2015 06:36 PM