Hey all,

I was thinking of importing a Note 5 as it seems like my carrier will not be carrying it anytime soon. I was wondering if I were to buy the contract free Verizon version of the phone if it would be unlocked and usable worldwide?
    09-02-2015 06:59 PM
    Is there a particular reason why you don't want the international version? Verizon is a bit restrictive in that it is primarily a CDMA device

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-02-2015 10:33 PM
    Is there a particular reason why you don't want the international version? Verizon is a bit restrictive in that it is primarily a CDMA device

Mainly due to the price on the Verizon version not being super inflated. I have seen the dual sim versions going for similar prices. Is there a big difference between the single and dual sim versions?
    09-02-2015 11:51 PM
    Mainly due to the price on the Verizon version not being super inflated. I have seen the dual sim versions going for similar prices. Is there a big difference between the single and dual sim versions?
    I found this on amazon: Robot Check

This is 43 bucks extra in the US, I am not sure how much more it is in your country
    09-03-2015 01:35 AM

The Verizon variant has cdma and gsm and lte radios. It is also factory sim unlocked,which none of the other usa carrier variants are. Of course the Verizon one might not provide all the band support that is needed in your country

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-03-2015 09:13 AM
    Hey all,

I was thinking of importing a Note 5 as it seems like my carrier will not be carrying it anytime soon. I was wondering if I were to buy the contract free Verizon version of the phone if it would be unlocked and usable worldwide?
    Verizon doesn't even do contracts anymore for new customers (existing customers can still get contracts).

Verizon does offer a device payment plan, you can sign up for service in store, trade in a smartphone for $200 (no minimum value required), then immediately after getting the gift card, call in to terminate. Verizon will send you a final bill which you can use the gift card to pay partially for.

Essentially you would be paying $696- $200 smartphone trade in +$20 junk smartphone cost +$4 service charge for 1 day. You would then get a final bill.

Total would be around $520 plus tax.

Of course if you don't mind paying more, then you can buy from the iconic portal linked to in my signature, this doesn't require you to have service with Verizon, you can buy the device outright at full retail.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-03-2015 09:34 AM