Samsung note 5 problem, screen freezes

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
So i just got my note 5 , 4 days ago and it seems to occur once or twice a day.
It can occur at lock screen , or suddenly im using the phone and the screen freezes/not respond for 2-3 seconds

anyone have this issue?

is this a software issue? or the screen itself?

should i exchange at the store since still within 14 days?

or it wouldnt do me any good

thank you

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I would try factory reset. I had issue where screen would not come on or freeze on a lock screen for 10 seconds or so. Factory reset sorted it out

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
64gb AT&T version. Haven't seen this issue.
If a hard reboot or factory reset don't fix it, replace it would be my suggestion.

sumzitup

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times when I first got my note5 however it hasnt occurred for a number of days now. Hoping it's sorted itself out.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue too. Hope I don't need to replace, Samsung store in my area take ages to do replacements. They will investigate, test it, keep it for weeks before confirming if replacement is necessary...

Furthermore the issue seems to happen intermittently. Difficult to show it to people at the service centre.

Probably try doing factory reset

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
how many days have u owned the device?

im on my 5th now and still happenin, i tried everyones advice but still seems to happen.

So debating to drop the balls and go and exchange to a new one . hopefullly wont get a even more problematic phone

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
i cleared all my cache and went into reboot mode, removed clean master and somehow screen still froze for 2 seconds

still same result, nope never run safe mode

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you can boot into safe mode this way. It is similar to safe mode for a Windows computer.

Turn the phone off.

Press and hold volume DOWN.

While holding volume down, press and hold power.

When the phone starts booting up, release the power button only, still holding volume down.

Then when the home screen shows, release the volume down button and you see safe mode at the bottom left.

Now it will look like your phone basically out if the box, with apps that were preloaded and Google Apps, no third party apps.

Run it for awhile that way and see if you still have the same issue. If you don't, then it is an app causing it. If you do, it is the phone.. Hardware or software.

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
sounds good

im gonna give tat a try now, how do i get out of safe mode after lol

EDIT

trying that right now, even on fb it seems more smooth

at least i can narrow it down if its app causing it or the PHONE itself, to determine whether i need an exchange.

much appreciated for all the helps until this point
this forum is awesome LOL

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
sweet testing in progress

does ur phone still have screen freeze problem? or urs is all good now

PS"

even if its the app thats causing it, i still wouldnt know which one is causing it. In a way i may still be hooped, but i guess at least i know its not the phone itself LOL

PSS

i just notice if my left hand finger is on the screen, and im trying to scroll thru the page with my right finger it will not work. Barely scroll

However if my left hand is out of the way, i can scroll freely with the right hand

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
i been playing with the phone and so far i think it doesnt freeze no more

did u narrow it down to what APP was causing it? or just app in general

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I knew what app it was because I had just opened it the first time this morning. It was either that app or Google Games, that it required. I uninstalled both of them.

To narrow it down, you might need to start with apps most recently installed and uninstall them a couple at a time and test it, until you find the one causing the problem.

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
LOL

first day i got it i already installed like 10 million apps...looks like im screwed

but ya at least so far it seems like its not the phone...so tats good

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
nothing too crazy

facebook 4%

android system 3%

screen 3%

line 2%

google play service 2%

messenger 2%

andorid OS 1%