09-04-2015 12:08 AM
41 12
tools
    Numerous, numerous posts on the forums, from around the country, about issues with these chargers and several people called and talked with Samsung. It is an overnight charging issue.
    It works just fine for my Note 5. No issues what so ever.
    09-03-2015 02:55 PM
    At this point I don't give a puck about it and will most likely get a 3 coil charger from Amazon. There are a couple on there that look like the Tylt Vu but aren't as pricey. I think Samsung was trying to off-load some excess stock. Personally, I think that's pretty pucked up.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-03-2015 03:33 PM
    I'm on my third puck, it being from a supposedly different batch, and unfortunately, it has all the same issues my first and second one had. This charger problem coupled with the outdoor screen line issue is too much to deal with for an 850.00 phone. I think I am going to return it all, unless BB can give me a compelling reason not to.
    Ask for the white one as a replacement. We have 2 of those and they work perfect. My 1st black one also was bad.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 03:40 PM
    Numerous, numerous posts on the forums, from around the country, about issues with these chargers and several people called and talked with Samsung. It is an overnight charging issue.
    It isn't really an overnight issue. It CAN happen overnight (probably because a text, email, calender notice etc vibrates and moves the phone slightly off the charger), but it also happens within a few minutes with or without any vibrations. It isn't consistent

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 04:21 PM
    i have one. no trouble. no stops no breaks. charges fully to 100% and turns off after. only problem i have is the blue lights are dim, cant see it with phone on it, but i could care less as long as it charges

Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2015 04:29 PM
    Mine is a 5 minute charging issue. I got 2 of these and both start flashing after 5 minutes

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    enb123 likes this.
    09-03-2015 05:18 PM
    At this point I don't give a puck about it and will most likely get a 3 coil charger from Amazon. There are a couple on there that look like the Tylt Vu but aren't as pricey. I think Samsung was trying to off-load some excess stock. Personally, I think that's pretty pucked up.
    I have the spigen branded one that looks like the tylt and it works great. I've used it every night with no issues so far.

I also have the 3 coil choetech charger and it seems to work fine as well. Although I haven't tested that one for an extended period yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 06:53 PM
    Weird mine worked normally. Also the fast charge ones aren't even out yet. But kinda weird you would give up an entire phone because the wireless charger doesn't work. Just use the fast charge wall connector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Not sure, if your talking to me, but the screen issue is the reason I'd give up the phone. As for the puck, obviously BB dropped the ball. Somebody should have tested whether it would actually work with the Note 5.
    09-03-2015 07:00 PM
    If you got the Best Buy Samsung charger # EPPG920IBUGUS , Samsung has told me that is not the correct charger for Note 5. The new, correct charger is EP-PN920TBEGUS from Samsung, however it is not yet available. Here is the webpage, which says "coming soon": samsung[dot]com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PN920TBEGUS
    09-03-2015 07:03 PM
    Do you have a case on your phone?

Yes I had a thick platinum case ( similar to a otterbox) it still charged and now a thin TPU case and it charges as well.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-03-2015 07:17 PM
    The one where if you are outside, even in your car as I found out today, and on auto brightness, lines or smudges will appear near the edge of the screen when on light backgrounds. It is especially noticeable in snote. There is another thread around here somewhere that gives more info.

I havn't noticed, I'll pay extra attention tomorrow to see if I have that issue, hope not.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-03-2015 07:18 PM
    I have one that I got for my wife and her S6 Edge. She also reported weird issues with our not charging or stopping sheet a few minutes and her waking up with her phone at 20% or something. But I have been using it on my N5 and is been perfect, even with my S view flip cover. Weird.
    09-03-2015 07:25 PM
    Lol, this is my second "puck". I have tried phone off, daydream and do not disturb. I gave up.

09-03-2015 07:36 PM
    I think you have to have it lined up just right, because it does the same thing with both of my phones (note 5 and S6 edge) I have 2 of the puck chargers and you have to keep your eye on both. It's to the point where I literally wake up in the middle of the night to make sure it is working, hahaha

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Gear Circle
    Samsung Gear Level
    09-03-2015 07:55 PM
    I havn't noticed, I'll pay extra attention tomorrow to see if I have that issue, hope not.

Easy to test, just load s-note and allow the sun to shine on it. Unfortunately for me, I noticed today while sitting in the driver's seat (Jeep was parked) that the smudges/lines were there even when auto brightness is off.
    09-03-2015 08:13 PM
    I got a cheap (about $10) charging plate on Amazon (not fast charge - Qualcom hadn't come out with that yet). My Note 3 charges on it, vibrates, rings, does whatever it wants, and it still charges. AND I have the phone in an Ottebox Defender which it charges right through. The Samsung name on the charger doesn't give you anything but a thinner wallet.
    09-04-2015 12:08 AM
41 12