09-04-2015 12:08 AM
41 12
tools
    Best Buy gave me one of the Samsung brand wireless chargers. Seriously, what's wrong with this thing? You put it on, the light glows blue to tell you it's charging, your phone begins charging, and then a few minutes later I'll look over and it'll be flashing blue, and the phone is no longer charging. Other times, it works fine and gives the phone a full charge. The slightest thing will stop it from charging too, like getting an email that vibrates and moves it ever so slightly off the thing to where it stops charging. I've seen it stop for no apparent reason though. No bumps, no vibration notifications, nothing. It just stops. Does it only work reliably with certain cases? I know the new quick charge wireless charger is coming out soon, but is it any different a side from the fact that it charges faster?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-03-2015 09:03 AM
    Is this the new fast charging puck or the original one?
    09-03-2015 09:11 AM
    Lets go CAPS!
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2015 09:23 AM
    Best Buy gave me one of the Samsung brand wireless chargers. Seriously, what's wrong with this thing? You put it on, the light glows blue to tell you it's charging, your phone begins charging, and then a few minutes later I'll look over and it'll be flashing blue, and the phone is no longer charging. Other times, it works fine and gives the phone a full charge. The slightest thing will stop it from charging too, like getting an email that vibrates and moves it ever so slightly off the thing to where it stops charging. I've seen it stop for no apparent reason though. No bumps, no vibration notifications, nothing. It just stops. Does it only work reliably with certain cases? I know the new quick charge wireless charger is coming out soon, but is it any different a side from the fact that it charges faster?

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm on my third puck, it being from a supposedly different batch, and unfortunately, it has all the same issues my first and second one had. This charger problem coupled with the outdoor screen line issue is too much to deal with for an 850.00 phone. I think I am going to return it all, unless BB can give me a compelling reason not to.
    09-03-2015 09:28 AM
    Is this the New "Fast Charge" puck you all are having problems with or the first one that goes with the Galaxy S6?

Maybe Best Buy gave you guys the regular Samsung wireless charging puck from the S6?
    09-03-2015 09:31 AM
    09-03-2015 09:36 AM
    I thought I was pretty clear that this charger is the current version, and that the quick charge one will be out soon

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 09:45 AM
    I thought I was pretty clear that this charger is the current version, and that the quick charge one will be out soon

There is another thread in the forum where one person got Best Buy to give them $10 off of another brand charger and he paid $10 for the charger. I think this charger just isn't going to work on the N5 and Best Buy should do something about that.
    09-03-2015 09:57 AM
    Im currently using a LG wireless charger that I had for my G2 and have the same issues with it stopping charging if not sitting perfectly on it or bumping it slightly. Thought it was just because I was using a LG charger and not a Samsung, but I guess its all the same.
    09-03-2015 10:11 AM
    Is this the New "Fast Charge" puck you all are having problems with or the first one that goes with the Galaxy S6?

Maybe Best Buy gave you guys the regular Samsung wireless charging puck from the S6?
    It is the same one. I have mine from my S6 Edge in the living room, and my Note 5 in the bedroom. They work the same. I even called to verify, and they are the same. There might be something wrong with the phone.
    09-03-2015 10:25 AM
    Am I the only one disappointed that the OP didn't include a video of his Samsung wireless charger being slapped across the ice after reading the title that it was "literally" a hockey puck?
    Misterb likes this.
    09-03-2015 10:29 AM
    It is the same one. I have mine from my S6 Edge in the living room, and my Note 5 in the bedroom. They work the same. I even called to verify, and they are the same. There might be something wrong with the phone.
    You have the new white Note 5 quick charger? I thought they weren't quite available yet?

09-03-2015 10:29 AM
    I'm on my third puck, it being from a supposedly different batch, and unfortunately, it has all the same issues my first and second one had. This charger problem coupled with the outdoor screen line issue is too much to deal with for an 850.00 phone. I think I am going to return it all, unless BB can give me a compelling reason not to.
    I've luckily had 0 issues with my Samsung puck. But what is this outdoor screen line issue your speaking of?

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-03-2015 10:44 AM
    I've luckily had 0 issues with my Samsung puck. But what is this outdoor screen line issue your speaking of?

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    Do you have a case on your phone?

09-03-2015 10:48 AM

The one where if you are outside, even in your car as I found out today, and on auto brightness, lines or smudges will appear near the edge of the screen when on light backgrounds. It is especially noticeable in snote. There is another thread around here somewhere that gives more info.

09-03-2015 11:32 AM
    Why would Best Buy give out the old puck with the purchase of the Note 5?
    09-03-2015 11:53 AM
    The fast charging puck isn't available yet for sale. The old puck is the only wireless charger they offer right now.
    E Padilla likes this.
    09-03-2015 12:14 PM
    You have the new white Note 5 quick charger? I thought they weren't quite available yet?

I misread that. The fast charging one isn't even being advertised yet.
    It does sound like somethings not right. They can check to see if the component inside the phone is not allowing the charge from the Puck.
    09-03-2015 12:26 PM
    Umm its the same one. I'm not sure who told you different, but if you check the specs and their site it says it below the wireless charger. It lists all the devices that are comparable.
    From everything I've read about this, Samsung says the Best Buy one is the wrong one for the Note 5.
    09-03-2015 12:28 PM
    Check out my workaround for this problem. Hope it helps!!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=575580
    09-03-2015 01:15 PM
    There was an update for T-Mobile Note 5 today that added built-in video calling - evidently the update also resolved all issues with the wireless charger. So it's software.
    09-03-2015 02:11 PM
    From everything I've read about this, Samsung says the Best Buy one is the wrong one for the Note 5.
    I'm sitting in Best Buy now, it charges both. It's not fast charging, but it works just fine. It's also the same one sprint was giving/selling as well.
    09-03-2015 02:28 PM
    There was an update for T-Mobile Note 5 today that added built-in video calling - evidently the update also resolved all issues with the wireless charger. So it's software.
    I really hope it is the software, I'm tired of exchanging pucks,,lol. But who knows when att will get around to the update.

09-03-2015 02:32 PM
    I'm sitting in Best Buy now, it charges both. It's not fast charging, but it works just fine. It's also the same one sprint was giving/selling as well.
    Numerous, numerous posts on the forums, from around the country, about issues with these chargers and several people called and talked with Samsung. It is an overnight charging issue.
    09-03-2015 02:34 PM
    Weird mine worked normally. Also the fast charge ones aren't even out yet. But kinda weird you would give up an entire phone because the wireless charger doesn't work. Just use the fast charge wall connector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Paul Paradis likes this.
    09-03-2015 02:38 PM
41 12