Best Buy vs Verizon Flagship shopping experience?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
We have always purchased our phones at our local corporate Verizon store. We have always felt more comfortable dealing with Verizon first-hand rather than going through retail outlets or big box stores. Now I'm considering going to Best Buy for my next phone - Note 5 - because they have the 64gb version in stock, where the Verizon stores only have 32gb's on hand. Is there any real advantage to shopping at a Verizon store over Best Buy? I know the actual deals can vary, but are there any differences in terms of customer service, returns, agreements, etc.? Thanks!

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Verizon store employees are crooks. One of them changed my plans without permission and I caught him and told him to put it back he said he did but didn't. It took a week's worth of raising hell with Verizon on the phone to get it fixed and put back on my original plan. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with Verizon anymore.

Edit and while I was in the store a guy was there very upset because they told him a certain tablet would be free with service and it wasn't and of course the customer didn't find out until after his window to cancel was up. Bunch of crooks.

Posted via the Android Central App

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I shop Best Buy, Carrier store, Amazon, etc... and get the best bang for my buck.
In most cases, I find Best Buy, Amazon, and stores like these can give you a better deal. :cool:

btw - I find that the insurance offered by BB is better than the carrier insurance ( if you insure your device).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We have always purchased our phones at our local corporate Verizon store. We have always felt more comfortable dealing with Verizon first-hand rather than going through retail outlets or big box stores. Now I'm considering going to Best Buy for my next phone - Note 5 - because they have the 64gb version in stock, where the Verizon stores only have 32gb's on hand. Is there any real advantage to shopping at a Verizon store over Best Buy? I know the actual deals can vary, but are there any differences in terms of customer service, returns, agreements, etc.? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, Best Buy has longer than a 14 day return period.

I've bought a couple phones from them vs AT&T and was happy with that. The two I bought, had updates out and it was nice to just walk over to the Samsung counter and have them flash the update.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have always found the Verizon Store experience to have the cultural feel of arrogance... It's hard to be #1 or even #2 (in anything) and remain humble and hungry... You are often (but not always) going to get better service, better attitudes and better pricing at the #3 competitor (in this case, I would say Sprint arguably takes that position...at least that is my perception).

Going to a Verizon VAR or a 3rd party reseller has always been a better experience for me personally...

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Like you, i've always bought my phones directly from Verizon at a corporate store. However, I bought my Note5 at a Best Buy to take advantage of the Launch offer with the free wireless charger and $200 trade in. No issues with the experience at all. I'd say go for it.

Tiko7523

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
best buy is a lot chiller experience they don't sell you add on's 90% of the time you are upgrading the phone like a vzw corporate store they just do what you want i guess that is what happens when one works on commission & the other doesn't

i got my edge+ from there and they even helped me out with the edge upgrade and gave me a shipping label and shipping bag to ship my Note 4.

plus you get best buy reward points which is a win IMO.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, Best Buy has longer than a 14 day return period.

I've bought a couple phones from them vs AT&T and was happy with that. The two I bought, had updates out and it was nice to just walk over to the Samsung counter and have them flash the update.
Best buy return period for mobile phones is 14 days.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...14.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat260800050014&token=YEphNpNB

Costco allows for 90 days return period, but after 14 days, your contract is locked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. While i like going to best buy, i feel like i am being preyed upon as soon as i walk through the door and it gets annoying telling salespeople i just want to look around for a minute.

They kept trying to sell me a wirelrss charger (the fast one that samsung had not released yet) and when they figured out they didnt actually have the new one, they tried to sell me something else.

I can go into any verizon store and tell them what i am after or i am just there to look and they give me their name and tell me if i need something let them know.

Ive gotta be the only person that doesn't complain about verizon, but it is true, they have treated me well in the 5 years i have used them and have never pressured me.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Best buy return period for mobile phones is 14 days.

Costco allows for 90 days return period, but after 14 days, your contract is locked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Best Buy was the only place I have bought a phone beside AT&T and I was thinking at Thanksgiving, they told me I had 30 days to bring the phone back if there was an issue with it and not the 14 like at the store.

This was as far as warranty exchange. So if something happened after 14 days I didn't have to get a refurbished warranty exchange.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased phones at AT&T stores, Verizon corp. stores, Verizon online store , and BB. Personally, I prefer going to a Verizon corp. store or purchase via a live person online. But, and this is a very big but, not all Verizon corp stores are the same as far as service and personality. I have two such store close to me. One next to a large mall is all about teenagers and selling them stuff they don't need and can't afford for the commissions. The other is in a much smaller strip mall center and caters more to adults especially business folks. The quality and personality of the sales people is completely different. They have manners and are very much into providing the equipment and service the customer wants and needs. So like most things in life it takes a bit of research before jumping in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol