is the battery life of the note 5 significantly better than the iphone 6?
    Trying to decide on either iphone 6s (when it comes out) or the note 5 from their real life battery usage.
    09-03-2015 03:35 PM
    I have the iPhone 6 plus which is significantly better than the iPhone 6 in battery life and the Note 5 battery is close to my 6 plus.
    It's the reason I didn't originally consider the 6 - less than "what I need" battery life.
    09-03-2015 04:28 PM
    IMHO battery life is better in Note 5. It depends on your usage though. I have pretty much everything turned on like bluetooth, location, wifi etc.,

And yes, I sold my iPhone 6 today! Love my Note 5!
    09-03-2015 07:27 PM
    Sold my iPhone 6 yesterday. Definitely the battery is better in the Note 5. My battery life has gotten better in the first week I have had it. 1 week and 1 day today. Amazing phone. Love this thing
    09-03-2015 07:50 PM
    I had a 6+ which a sold a couple weeks back. First of all, I love this phone but if you're coming from an iPhone there are things to consider:

1)Android allows apps to have free reign for some reason even if notifications are off. I use the app Doze and Greenify to help with it. You'll have worse idle drain on android.

2)Google seems to think it can keep its services running regardless of the user's wishes. It is a major problem when Google music wakes up my phone when it is idle and wasn't even used that day. I do not understand why Google does this. If you use the wakelock detector workaround you'll see Google allowing it's apps free reign of your phone. It is ridiculous. Plain and simple.

3)with those last points said, prepare to do some work to get the phone working to your liking. Be prepared to disable bloat, Google Apps and install battery tools. Be better than those people who come in here and say their battery is terrible and basically throw a temper tantrum and refuse to do anything to get it to a manageable level.

Do not say that "you shouldn't have to disable everything Yada yada" The point is, is that this is not an iphone. An iPhone doesn't have the features that these people complain about having to turn off. Apps do not automatically behave; app makers think their app is the only app you'll have on your phone. Think having 20+ ios Facebook apps on your phone. This is an issue that I hope android addresses but it is maneagable. Do not trust Google services to behave.

Good luck and I hope you find the phone that works best for you. The Note 5 is a powerhouse and I love it but it requires work. Be warned.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 09:13 PM
    Not sure I would say I have the same experience.

It is still a better experience even for normal end users. I have seen the perception 'android isn't better unless you tweak' grow a lot as that is what many are pushed to do. If you remove that perception and just do the things a normal user would do? you will come to realize there is no need for all of those.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 09:48 PM
    The battery on Note 5 is probably better than iPhone 6. But it is definitely not better than iPhone 6+.
    09-04-2015 05:47 AM
    I moved from the iPhone 6 and my wife from the 6+ . We both love this device over our iPhones and have been hardcore Apple from the initial launch of the iPhone. The battery is much better than the 6 and on part with the 6+

As far as functionality this device is the best we have owned. No lag and super fast. Only issue we have is our data speeds and it's related to Att. We do live in a large city but the speeds have gotten worse over the past month regardless of phone.

We won't be going back to any Apple phone. The note 5 is a better experience and the stylus has great functionality.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-04-2015 07:27 AM