09-05-2015 06:16 PM
31 12
    Who'd you switch to? I'm about to do the same thing - have Note 4 on Verizon (been with them for 20+ years) - going to AT&T and a Note 5 next week! Thanks for the insight!
    I switched to T-mobile. I live in Michigan where there is supposedly full band 12 coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2015 07:31 AM
    I was just gonna stick with my note 4, pay it off, and never get a new phone. But then I saw the note 5 in the store and I had to have it. I paid off the remaining balance I needed to pay in order to be JUMP eligible with t-mobile and got myself a sexy white note 5.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-05-2015 10:24 AM
    I came from a Note 4 but had no choice but to get a new phone so I chose the Note 5. I do not like the glass shell. It seems very slippery most of the time and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it. I could get a case but I do not like using cases so I guess I'll juts have to be careful. I do not like the lack of expandable memory or removable battery but I cannot do anything about that so I'll just have to live with it. I do not like the battery is smaller that previous Note devices. I understand that with the way the OS works, the smaller battery is supposed to last just as long as the previous batteries but I think a workhorse of a phone should have a powerhouse of a battery and this Note doesn't.
    I do like that the phone works. I am not crazy about speaker placement either. If I turn my phone into landscape mode, my finger covers the speaker 90% of the time.
    Put aside all the other gripes I may have, the phone works! I get good signal strength and the calls are clear. This is what a phone is made to do...make phone calls. The camera is great and works with very little effort and the pictures are fantastic. I'm not a big user of the S-Pen but when i do use it...it works. While the phone may not be perfect, it is a good phone. The build quality feels good and it does what is was made to do.
    Get a dbrand or slick wraps skin. Just got mine today and it provides grip. At least the mahogany wood skin does. If you go with slick wraps you will get the skins for the metal frame too. Much better grip.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tntlassiter likes this.
    09-05-2015 04:20 PM
    I have had the N 3 and N 4 - due to the nature of my work, I am literally on call 24/7 365 - business and personal everything was on my beloved N 4 - I guess I qualify as a power user..... on steroids......

As soon as the lack of expandable storage and the imbedded battery was confirmed, I decided to stick with the N 4........that is until I held the N 5 in my hand....... I am in love!! Sweet sweet love........

We are have our deal points and mine was the storage and the removable battery, although the entire known IS world is moving away from these consumer "minority" priorities.

But to me, as the screen quality is a given on the N 4 or N 5, the form factor of the N 5 has won me over. We all forget form factor when it comes to a smartphone (well at least I did) and I did not like the form factor of the N 4..... at all..... rough edges - not smooth in the hand. Since I hold this phone day and night, and it feels so incredibly comfortable "in the hand" it reminds me of the form factor and build quality of an HTC (the all time and still leader in form factor IMHO)

How this thing feels has overtaken my other concerns, not to mention the wireless fast charging. I am simply readjusting my charging habits and buying wireless fast charging pads for home and office !!!!!!

I am a Note 5 convert and I never thought I would be............

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-05-2015 05:43 PM
    This phone continues to make me fall in love with it more and more each day. It was a week ago today I went and picked up my local T-mobile's last 64gb black sapphire note 5 and everyday since then I have thanked myself for doing so. I was on the fence, but playing with it in best buy one day for about 20 minutes and then reading Andrew's write up comparing the two notes, I knew I needed to upgrade. The note 4 was beyond laggy and I was tired of dealing with a phone that couldn't handle basic tasks after the lollipop update. Don't get me wrong, I loved the note 4, and if I didn't I wouldn't have sat on that fence, but what should have been a great phone was rendered almost useless with 5.0. The note 5 has surpassed my expectations tremendously. The form factor is a wonderful upgrade, the camera is impeccable, the fingerprint sensor is awesome, the s-pen gets so much done, but the most important part is how well this phone handles all of it and so fast. And add great battery life from what I've experienced and the note 5 is easily the best phone I've ever owned. At one time the note 4 was so bad I almost made the jump to the 6 plus but I'm glad I stuck around long enough for the note 5.
    09-05-2015 05:57 PM
    I got my N5 on launch day at Best Buy trading in my dormant Samsung Captivate. That was probably my main trigger to do it- as the Captivate was worthless- and I had a chance to get 200 of price of Note. I did not need to buy a phone- as I was using a Nexus 5, and was used to the fact of sealed battery and no SDCard. Nexus was fine, but I wanted a change- and was really waiting for more granularity on the next versions of both Nexus and Moto X. Once I held the Note and saw it- there was no turning back.

I am very happy with battery life, and I got a clear Ringke Fusion for a case. My only bad decision was getting Supershieldz tempered glass- as it does not cover full width of display screen(I do not mean the entire glass- I mean the display) I can look straight down over it, and there is a sliver of display that is wider than the cover. I actually centered it pretty good, and have the same amount of display showing on each side.

09-05-2015 06:16 PM
31 12