04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I have been extremely frustrated with fast charging on my Note 5. Before it was just inconsistent. Now for the past month and a half, I won't fast charge at all. I gave given up and just use the normal charger. Even some of the older Samsung fast charge cables for say like the Note 4, don't seem to work at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2015 07:55 PM
    I have the same problem too at the beginning it used to fast charge then sometimes it does and sometimes it does not now it doesn't fast charge at all
    I used the fast charger head and my old cable from my S4 and now it fast charges everytime. There is something wrong with the cable they are including in the packaging.

11-28-2015 04:32 PM
    the outlet should not affect the charging since it has the same voltage (220v). I have a similar problem also
    11-30-2015 12:55 AM
    Everyone please, if you have this problem, try a better thicker, cable and done.
    zmann likes this.
    11-30-2015 07:21 PM
    I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

12-05-2015 11:01 AM
    The first time you plug it in it will say charging pull out and put it right back in it will say fast charging
    12-05-2015 11:03 AM
    I am about to send mine to Samsung. They pay the shipping label to and from them and fix it for free.. They will fix it for free because it is under there 1 year manufacturer warranty. I didn't even bother going though Verizon to get it fixed. Just call Samsung up and they will help everyone out. Plus the phone hasn't even been out for a year I don't think, so every one should still be within warranty. I hope this helps someone out! God bless!
    tsparks1, zmann and Maggie45 like this.
    12-08-2015 05:07 PM
    It's the cable,, it's to thin, after a while it gets fried. Look at the 5 cable compared to the 4, 4 cable is twice as thick.
    Austin Ashley likes this.
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Guys it's not the wall charger but he Charging cable given by Samsung along with it.

Even used to face the same problem with the Samsung USB Cable, so now I am using a Micro USB Flat Fast Charging Cable and it charges instantly almost 75% in an hour.
    12-09-2015 10:54 PM
    Cam everyone post their carrier and if their phone is the same carrier, please?
    I havent posted here before but after doing a google search as to why my brand new note 5 wont charge fast or hold a charge, i came across here whoch tells me this is a problem.

Mine started a few days after getting it. It charged super fast n held a charge super long. Now, it draines within 2 hours n the charge cant keep up with consumption n says my screen is the culprit but that cant be the case when its off, which i now turn it off while it charges but regardless of how long its off n charging, its slow, like 2% after an hour! It will only show fast charging at random but it disappears within seconds. It wont go above 25%, even with an overnight charge. I dont want to have the hassle of returning it but im sure its faulty.
    12-10-2015 09:04 PM
    saerch this in youtube: watch?v=fDOai3zqcYk

Checking this one fixed my problem. Turned out to have the same gold thing missing when I looked at my cable. i replaced my cable with a new one and now i don't experience having to keep on re-plugging my wall charger/ port.
    12-12-2015 11:59 AM
    Hi, totally agree with DanCruz. I just had this happen to me today with my Edge +. My phone was charging 1% every half hour. I went online and watched this Youtube video from a guy having the same problem. He discovered the issue and his resolution totally worked for me. Basically if you look inside the part of the charger that goes into the phone, there are tiny gold colored prongs inside. If one of them is missing you're phone will barely charge. I had a bunch of those usb phone chargers around so I looked for one with all the prongs. I plugged that one into the fast charger and it worked!
    12-13-2015 06:08 AM
    I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

12-13-2015 03:00 PM
    Verizon, Note 5. Purchased in October. Same problem as everyone else here with rapid charging.
    I contacted Samsung....via chat. They did not offer any suggestions as to a software problem. They stated everything was up to date on the phone, but they suggested to return the charging cable with the rapid charging plug. They will look at it and decide if it's the charger/cable and replace it if that is what the problem is.
    Perhaps they know something is wrong with the cable....we'll see what they do...replace it or not.
    12-13-2015 08:05 PM
    Maybe the fast charging issue is a blessing in disguise: Have a look at this info Fast and Ultra-fast Chargers - Battery University
    Certainly, if you are going to fast charge be sure to turn the phone off at least.
    12-13-2015 11:52 PM
    So is this a software or hardware problem of the Note 5?? It's really strange that there are problems for both wired and wireless charging. I am a bit worried because I am planning on getting a Note 5 from T-Mobile...
    12-14-2015 12:16 AM
    So is this a software or hardware problem of the Note 5?? It's really strange that there are problems for both wired and wireless charging. I am a bit worried because I am planning on getting a Note 5 from T-Mobile...
    I thought you had decided to get then N6?
    12-14-2015 01:37 AM
    I thought you had decided to get then N6?
    I am going to get both to try out, actually :P Can't decide..
    12-14-2015 09:16 AM
    Maybe the fast charging issue is a blessing in disguise: Have a look at this info Fast and Ultra-fast Chargers - Battery University
    Certainly, if you are going to fast charge be sure to turn the phone off at least.
    I think the link is for owners of Electric Vehicles. I didn't see any mention of cell phones.
    12-14-2015 09:51 AM
    I think the link is for owners of Electric Vehicles. I didn't see any mention of cell phones.
    The principles and battery chemistry are the same. The analogy works across the Lithium Ion platform.
    12-15-2015 05:35 PM
    Mine has completely stopped fast charging. I keep meaning to have the guys at the Samsung section in best buy look at it.

12-16-2015 08:33 PM
    Looks like it could be a device or cable issue. It was the charging cable for my case. Replaced a new one with Samsung and no issues with fast charging so far.
    So the cable that was replaced failed again. Tested with other compatible cables and they fast charge fine.
    Samsung replaced the entire charging adapter with the cable this time. Good news is that the newer cable feels thicker and well-built. I guess that there really must be something wrong with the old batches of cable. At least they took steps to rectify it, hopefully this will be the last of my charging problems.
    12-16-2015 11:10 PM
    I have tried multiple cables (even a nice "gold" plated one) and still no fast charge. I'm using the original Samsung FastCharge power brick. Crazy thing is today I notice my wireless charging is working faster the cable charging?! Put it on the wireless plate and said 2 hours to full charge. Pulg it into the fast charge brick using the expensive usb cable 4 hours to complete charge. WTF
    12-19-2015 09:39 AM
    After viewing this thread, I haven't had any issues with fast charging lol. I think it's because I have been putting the charging cable in straighter than before
    12-19-2015 12:28 PM
    So the cable that was replaced failed again. Tested with other compatible cables and they fast charge fine.
    Samsung replaced the entire charging adapter with the cable this time. Good news is that the newer cable feels thicker and well-built. I guess that there really must be something wrong with the old batches of cable. At least they took steps to rectify it, hopefully this will be the last of my charging problems.
    We'll I'm glad you were successful with getting Samsung to replace your charger. The rep I spoke with asked me a bunch of pointless and redundant questions, then ultimately said the best she could do is SWAP my existing charger with a different one. And also, it could take 9-12 business days for the replacement charger to arrive. No bueno.

12-19-2015 04:54 PM
365 ... 89101112 ...