04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I just found a solid way to activate the fast charge. Stand by your refrigerator with your left foot 12 inches off the ground. Then plug the charger into your phone quickly, pull it out, and put it back in quickly, all the while whistling Darth Vader's theme song.

It works!
    12-20-2015 07:57 PM
    This is issue with the note 5 released in the 1st month but this is fixed with the new releases after that month i had one with the same issue but i have other new one who always fast charge
    12-21-2015 04:20 AM
    So I had both a Samsung rep and AT&T service center take a look at my phone today. The Samsung rep seems to be that I have a bad USB port on the phone. It took quite a bit of convincing the AT&T rep, they said I didn't want it to be the port because a defective port would invalidate the warranty. To which I responded a defect is a defect I dont care what part of the phone its on. I ask if they could see any damage, to which they replied no. So I came back at them with well then I didn't cause it so therefore the warranty covers it. I have a replacement on the way. I pre-ordered mine so if the rest of you have a launch device and are having the issue it could be we are looking a a defect in the first batch of phones.
    12-21-2015 09:16 PM
    i am having the same issue now i must restart my phone to get fast charging... Did you find a solution ?
    12-23-2015 04:41 AM
    Someone suggested that it won't fast charge if above 80%. . I tested that theory. They are right.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2015 09:46 AM
    --> Try unplugging from the handset then plugging back in.
    12-24-2015 04:23 PM
    Mine shows fast charging every time I plug it in, but it seems like my note 4 charged way faster than my note 5! I like that it shows how much time till it's 100%
    12-25-2015 10:24 PM
    Brand new Note 5 from Best Buy - 2 days old - and having problems with fast charging. This device sucks battery life and if fast charging does not work I'm not interested in keeping the Note 5. I did find that restarting the Note did enable fast charging. But wondering if I made a mistake in choosing this phone over the iPhone 6s? I don't want to have to deal with problems new out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love the features including the Stylus, but hardware issues when the phone is brand new is not good. I'll use another product rather than deal with hardware problems.
    12-28-2015 09:38 AM
    Guys I was having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone, sometime is fast charging and other just regular, I found a work around, if you plug the phone to the cable and is not fast charging, leave the cable plug to the phone, unplug the cable from power terminal and then plug it back in, it will start charging fast, the key is not to remove the cable from the phone and the leave power connected to the outlet, only removing the cable from the terminal, I thought my cable was bad, but found that works around. Let me know if it work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Worked for me! Thanks!
    01-14-2016 10:46 PM
    Brand new Note 5 from Best Buy - 2 days old - and having problems with fast charging. This device sucks battery life and if fast charging does not work I'm not interested in keeping the Note 5. I did find that restarting the Note did enable fast charging. But wondering if I made a mistake in choosing this phone over the iPhone 6s? I don't want to have to deal with problems new out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love the features including the Stylus, but hardware issues when the phone is brand new is not good. I'll use another product rather than deal with hardware problems.
    I had to get warranty replacements twice to correct a Bluetooth problem, 3's a charm, the last phone is absolutely outstanding and perfect with one minor exception: Fast charging is hit or miss with one of my extra wall chargers, the other wall charge never has a problem and always fast charges the phone.

One thing though - I strongly suggest you check out Battery University and read up on charging Lithium Ion batteries. They do not recommend high current, heat generating fast charging methodology as that will shorten the life of the battery. So keep in mind that you might be trading fast charging for battery longevity. Just a thought. Still there are times when we want a fast charge and when you do there is a 100% workaround that Chinoo discovered and it works so far every single time! See below:

Have you guys try this?
    Guys I was having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone, sometime is fast charging and other just regular, I found a work around, if you plug the phone to the cable and is not fast charging, leave the cable plug to the phone, unplug the cable from power terminal and then plug it back in, it will start charging fast, the key is not to remove the cable from the phone and the leave power connected to the outlet, only removing the cable from the terminal, I thought my cable was bad, but found that works around. Let me know if it work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Chinoo is recommending leaving the cord plugged into the micro-USB in the phone and unplugging and replugging the USB connection into the AC adapter. I tried this and it works - every single time! Good job Chinoo! Until Samsung releases a firmware update this is a great workaround. Thank you Chinoo...
    01-15-2016 03:52 PM
    I have the same problem but after I updated my Note 5 software, its all good fast charging every time.
    01-18-2016 01:23 PM
    I've never been able to get fast charging to work. Works fine on my old Note 4 and sons S6. Tried the chargers for both on The Note 5 and unplugging the cord from the charger. Still no fast charge. Does fast charge with the wireless fast charger though.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Note 5
    01-18-2016 05:11 PM
    Went to Sprints website for troubleshooting charging issues on Note 5. For the first time ever, Sprint's website actually suggested something that worked and now my Note 5 fast charges with the plug. The last option is to do a soft reset by holding the volume down key and the power button until the phone resets. After it reset, fast charging worked. Woohoo!

Troubleshoot charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    01-18-2016 07:33 PM
    I'm about to get in contact with someone I know at Samsung.
    01-18-2016 08:25 PM
    What did they say
    01-18-2016 08:26 PM
    Just randomly I have been experiencing this myself, I can get it to work by messing with the charger cable by unplugging it and plugging it in several times, was fine I don't know what is causing it.
    01-18-2016 09:10 PM
    Just randomly I have been experiencing this myself, I can get it to work by messing with the charger cable by unplugging it and plugging it in several times, was fine I don't know what is causing it.
    Rather than unplugging and re-plugging the micro-USB into the phone just unplug/re-plug the USB end into the adapter. It works every time for me. Also, the soft reset mentioned 4 posts above works.

The risk of unplugging and re-plugging the micro USB into the phone is that those micro USB female connectors in the phone wear rapidly, before you know it the connector can wear out. A good reason to go to wireless charging.
    01-18-2016 09:25 PM
    My Note 5 - Australian 64gb unlocked. Mostly I get fast charging but sometimes I do not. I have 2 Quick Charge 2 chargers but my Note 5 does not recognise them as fast chargers. Yet the Note 4 does. Both phones are supposed to be Quick charge 2 compatible. Anyone else?

01-18-2016 11:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I had upgraded to this from Droid turbo so I still had the turbo charger. I tried that and it goes to fast charge every time as where the Samsung charger I have to plug in 3-5 times to get it to fast charge. Could it be the charging unit?

01-19-2016 02:11 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I had upgraded to this from Droid turbo so I still had the turbo charger. I tried that and it goes to fast charge every time as where the Samsung charger I have to plug in 3-5 times to get it to fast charge. Could it be the charging unit?

I experienced the same thing with my phone. I use the Droid Turbo charger as well as other QuickCharge 2.0 chargers that I purchased to go with that phone. The Samsung charger doesn't always say it is quick charging, but the QC ones seem to kick in every time.
    01-20-2016 09:04 AM
    I can confirm It's the outlet. I have the same problem, unplugging and re-plugging makes no difference in one outlet. But the outlet on the other side of my bedroom, albeit inconvenient for access from my bed, Fast charging works 100% of the time, maybe it's a voltage issue, sketchy wiring on the outlet maybe?
    01-27-2016 03:44 AM
    I can confirm It's the outlet. I have the same problem, unplugging and re-plugging makes no difference in one outlet. But the outlet on the other side of my bedroom, albeit inconvenient for access from my bed, Fast charging works 100% of the time, maybe it's a voltage issue, sketchy wiring on the outlet maybe?
    If Note 5 it's the cord Mate not the other part , you need to get a thicker cord that's it, since i have the Note 4 put away the Cord From the Note 4 is Thicker than the Note 5 , Since i swiped cords it always charges Fast Charge with no issues at all!
    01-27-2016 05:59 AM
    I know this is going to sound weird, but my daughter has the Sprint S6 Edge +, she was having the same problem. She removed the charging plug from the wall and flipped it around and then she had the Fast Charging back again. She thought it was weird, so she flipped it back, no Fast Charging. Did it one more time and had Fast Charging again. Makes no sense to me, but it works for her. I have a Sprint Note 5 and have no problems with both of my Fast Charging plugs. I have the stock USB cord downstairs and a generic 6 foot cord in the bedroom. Both work the same. Shrug. I dunno.
    01-30-2016 01:17 PM
    I think the problem is the USB cable, my Samsung cable that came with my Note 5 is pretty much never fast charging anymore, I just tried the USB cable from my old Nexus 5 and now I have fast charging back, guess it's time for a new cable.
    02-02-2016 05:13 PM
    This happened to me for the first time today. (got my Note5 back in August) Per Kelly's posts, I contacted Samsung. While I was live-chatting with them, I decided to restart my phone to see what would happen. Lo-and-behold it started fast charging.
    02-05-2016 04:46 PM
365 ... 910111213 ...