04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 12131415
tools
    I struggled with this like everyone else. For me it was the oem cable. I plugged in another cable I had at home that was of a larger gage - thicker cable - and my fast charging works the first time, every time.

What bother's me is that this issue could have been easily prevented before release. This was a calculated risk on Samsung's part. Tell the world we have 'fast charging!' Testing electrical current in relation to gage is par for the course. They knew the thin gage wasn't appropriate for the demand. This is why they (Samsung) did not admit to anything. The hardware (port) change another poster reported may have addressed the electric current issue. I love the note. And I certainly can not trust Samsung. We are choosing to buy a Korean made product over the iphone. The trust has been broken, and Samsung, you chose that path.
    08-28-2016 02:47 PM
    I've given up on this. Got my 5 last December and I've never gotten anything that says "fast charge." I've used OEM chargers, OEM cables, second party chargers, second party cables, 12 volt chargers, 110 chargers and every possible combination at every charge level. I've never seen the words "fast charging" appear. Doesn't bother me that much since like some others, I charge my phone at night, but it's sorta confusing... Oh well. Lol
    08-29-2016 12:35 PM
    I struggled with this like everyone else. For me it was the oem cable. I plugged in another cable I had at home that was of a larger gage - thicker cable - and my fast charging works the first time, every time.

What bother's me is that this issue could have been easily prevented before release. This was a calculated risk on Samsung's part. Tell the world we have 'fast charging!' Testing electrical current in relation to gage is par for the course. They knew the thin gage wasn't appropriate for the demand. This is why they (Samsung) did not admit to anything. The hardware (port) change another poster reported may have addressed the electric current issue. I love the note. And I certainly can not trust Samsung. We are choosing to buy a Korean made product over the iphone. The trust has been broken, and Samsung, you chose that path.
    Actually Samsung isn't really aware of this issue. People refused to report it to Samsung.

How can they know if bit reported?
    08-29-2016 01:14 PM
    I've given up on this. Got my 5 last December and I've never gotten anything that says "fast charge." I've used OEM chargers, OEM cables, second party chargers, second party cables, 12 volt chargers, 110 chargers and every possible combination at every charge level. I've never seen the words "fast charging" appear. Doesn't bother me that much since like some others, I charge my phone at night, but it's sorta confusing... Oh well. Lol
    Do you have it turned on in the battery app?
    08-29-2016 01:15 PM
    Do you have it turned on in the battery app?
    I use battery HD to monitor, and in the settings, Fast Charge is turned on. When plugged in it's grayed out but when unplugged it's on.
    08-29-2016 02:25 PM
    I use battery HD to monitor, and in the settings, Fast Charge is turned on. When plugged in it's grayed out but when unplugged it's on.
    Well what about exchanging your phone or sending it to Samsung since it never has fast charged?
    08-29-2016 02:40 PM
    Well what about exchanging your phone or sending it to Samsung since it never has fast charged?
    Eh. I'm not in a panic. Everything else is fantastic. Battery life great, functions perfectly, durable... with a standard charge rate so it takes 2 hours from almost dead. I charge it at night. I just thought it was strange, that mine won't do it. Occasionally, I'll plug it in at night and do some surfing and get a message that it's on slow charge. Unplug and plug back in and it's back to normal again.
    08-29-2016 03:16 PM
    Well I think 2 hours is the fast charging.

It takes 4 hours or more to slow charge.
    08-29-2016 03:27 PM
    If so, it's never said anything about it. Right now I use a second party charge and a 10' best buy cable. Whatever works. Lol
    08-29-2016 06:01 PM
    If so, it's never said anything about it. Right now I use a second party charge and a 10' best buy cable. Whatever works. Lol
    It just says cable charging on the pull-down shade?

When I had an issue, even I would get a notification that it was charging too slowly.
    08-29-2016 06:02 PM
    Two hours seems a little long, I charged mine last night at around 20% and it said 1 hour and 14 minutes to fully charged.
    08-29-2016 08:36 PM
    Two hours seems a little long, I charged mine last night at around 20% and it said 1 hour and 14 minutes to fully charged.
    It isn't long. It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to fully charge using fast charge.
    08-29-2016 08:52 PM
    My Note 5 usually takes about 1 hr, 20 minutes when down to 5%.
    My note 4 is usually about 1 hr 5 minutes
    My Note Edge is usually about 1 hr 10 minutes

I have never seen the Note 5 take longer then 1 hr 30 minutes.

I did have to get out a new cord to start charging all of my Android phones. I was using the one that came with my Note 4 when I bought it a year and half ago. It no longer fit snug in any phone and my Note 4/Note Edge Samsung battery chargers would not charge if I moved them the wrong way. Also many times the phones would not fast charge until i unplugged and plugged in the cord again.
    08-29-2016 08:59 PM
    Well 2 hours is certainly not normal charging. That takes hours.
    08-29-2016 09:22 PM
    Switching to a third party charger from Verizon fixed the charging issue for me.
    08-30-2016 01:51 PM
    It just says cable charging on the pull-down shade?

When I had an issue, even I would get a notification that it was charging too slowly.
    Just says cable charging on the pull down. I just plugged it in and it says 1 hour and 48 minutes to full charge from 20%. The only time I get the slow charge message is when I'm reading or surfing with a bunch of apps running in the back ground. I clear them and it charges normal. The only reason I've even mentioned it was because I've never seen the "fast charge" message.
    08-30-2016 09:06 PM
    Just says cable charging on the pull down. I just plugged it in and it says 1 hour and 48 minutes to full charge from 20%. The only time I get the slow charge message is when I'm reading or surfing with a bunch of apps running in the back ground. I clear them and it charges normal. The only reason I've even mentioned it was because I've never seen the "fast charge" message.
    Still 1:48 from 20% isn't "normal" charging. When I've had mine not fast charge it has told me 4-5 hours to charge.
    08-30-2016 09:10 PM
    Never use the 3 to 2 pin adapter for charger,always connect the charger in 3 pin socket.. its the only resion for not fast charging..i also faced this problem so much but now its working normal.its 100% reliable solution
    09-05-2016 08:29 PM
    This is the fix I got my Service tech and it worked for me.

Try wiping the system cache and then do the master reset

For firmware-related charging issues, it’s always advisable to delete the system cache first. Corrupt caches may affect the hardware as well and may hinder charging. There have been so many reports that wiping the cache partition fixed power and charging-related issues. Therefore, it’s worth doing it and here’s how…

Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    09-13-2016 01:55 PM
    Does wiping the cache partition delete anything I'd need to be concerned about? (For example, would I need to re-enter passwords for apps, etc.?)

I'd really like to fix the slow charging issue.
    09-14-2016 10:53 PM
    Does wiping the cache partition delete anything I'd need to be concerned about? (For example, would I need to re-enter passwords for apps, etc.?)

I'd really like to fix the slow charging issue.
    Nope.
    09-15-2016 05:22 PM
    I've been having this issue for the last week as well. I called AT&T customer service to see if they can help me resolve the issue that I am having. I have changed plugs, and cables a few times, and the fast charge feature does not work for me anymore. It will usually take 4 or more hours to charge the phone from 30% battery. I am going to the Samsung experience at Best Buy to see if they can help me fix the issue. I don't understand why this is happening all of the sudden. I've had the phone since it was released last year in August, and it always fast charges. I have also reset all of the settings on my phone, wiped cache partition, as well as a factory reset of the phone and I still encounter the same issue.
    09-17-2016 09:13 AM
    I've been having this issue for the last week as well. I called AT&T customer service to see if they can help me resolve the issue that I am having. I have changed plugs, and cables a few times, and the fast charge feature does not work for me anymore. It will usually take 4 or more hours to charge the phone from 30% battery. I am going to the Samsung experience at Best Buy to see if they can help me fix the issue. I don't understand why this is happening all of the sudden. I've had the phone since it was released last year in August, and it always fast charges. I have also reset all of the settings on my phone, wiped cache partition, as well as a factory reset of the phone and I still encounter the same issue.

Did you replace the cable and charger with OEM ones? I had the same issue where my Note 5 wouldn't fast charge anymore. I got a new OEM charger and cable and I get fast charging all the time now.
    09-18-2016 09:57 AM
    I replaced all cables and chargers. I was finally able to resolve the issue when I called Samsung. I am having the charging port on the phone replaced under warranty.
    09-20-2016 07:57 AM
    Hi -- This is what continually works for me, but let me explain the history...

My Note 5 wasn't fast charging all the time so I replaced the charger. Then it started to work all the time. Recently, it started to only charge again, so I removed the plug and replugged it into phone, then it worked. HOWEVER...over time, it wouldn't fast charge even after replugging in the charger several times. One thing I noticed was the end of the charger that connects to the phone was getting very hot. I normally keep the charger plugged in even when the phone is not connected to it, so the charger cord was overheating. Now, I only plug in the charger when I want to charge my phone and it fast charges as expected. Once in a while, I have to replug the charger into the phone but it's rare instead of common. Hope this helps.
    09-20-2016 09:08 AM
365 ... 12131415