04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 131415
tools
    I had the 'not fast charging issue'. Mine was replaced as a defective device.
    09-20-2016 12:13 PM
    My phone was not "fast charging " .. i changed the cable... tried another battery .. nothing worked .. then I see something.. setting/battery/fast charging was disabled ... oh dear .. my nightmare is finally over
    09-23-2016 06:03 AM
    I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I also had same issue.

I took out the USB cable from the charger. Blew on it a couple of times and clearEd any dust particles from its tips and reconnected.
    And it started to fast charge :-)
    Now some may call it voodoo but it worked for me.
    Try it.
    10-12-2016 12:35 PM
    I am starting to have issues from time to time again the Samsung cable is taking a crap, time to buy a new one.
    10-12-2016 07:35 PM
    Everyone please, if you have this problem, try a better thicker, cable and done.
    That doesn't work. Why would the original factory cable STOP working. I agree that long cheap cables are a problem for many people.
    10-26-2016 12:01 PM
    Hello!!......all helpless millenials who have no mechanical knowledge,or, skills.....I have come to alleviate your IGNORANCE and PAIN !!!

The stock Samsung USB to mini USB cable that is included with the original charger " brick" has TINY metal contacts, which appear to be gold , but, are NOT. Upon close inspection with a jewelers 10x eyepiece, one can see discoloration , dirt, and wear on these tiny contact " strips" that needs to be cleaned to restore the original fast charging performance. I have an old spray can of "Tuner Cleaner" , which contains a fast evaporating solvent that was originally formulated to clean the dirty contacts on old TV tuners. All that was needed was a quick spray into the female ports on the " brick" and on the phone PLUS a small squirt on each male end of the cable. Then, while still wet....before the cleaner quickly evaporates......rapidlly connect and re-connect each male end into its appropriate female counterpart at least ten times per connector. Voila !!....the contacts are now CLEAN and fast charging is RESTORED !!!

"Occam's Razor" folks.....the simplest solution is usually the CORRECT solution.....clean the dirty contacts !
    12-10-2016 04:45 PM
    Hii.. i have solution about this..
    go setting> batery and turn on button faster charging

DONE..

sometimes, when we change usb charger..the button automatic off.. so we need to turn on 4 make it faster charging.
    12-13-2016 07:31 PM
    I already posted the solution and so have many others, replace the damn cable the samsung ones are garbage.
    12-14-2016 08:20 PM
    Same problem. Not fast charging. A month ago same thing happened I was using note 4 charger then swapped to note 5 worked fine till now. Same chargers work fine on note 4! Ordered new fast charger still no joy. 5hrs to charge from 1hr30 is not right. Really frustrated with this phone right now.
    12-27-2016 09:53 AM
    Same problem. Not fast charging. A month ago same thing happened I was using note 4 charger then swapped to note 5 worked fine till now. Same chargers work fine on note 4! Ordered new fast charger still no joy. 5hrs to charge from 1hr30 is not right. Really frustrated with this phone right now.
    You realize it's not the charger it's the cable right? replace the cable problem solved.
    12-28-2016 05:37 PM
    3 Note5s later and they have all done the same thing. Fast-charge for 3 to 7 days then it stops. Took it to Samsung desk at Best Buy, they tried different cords, blew out/cleaned the plugs and nothing. Very frustrating! The people from Verizon & Samsung customer service have been useless. Nothing more frustrating than knowing more than customer service. I gave them instructions. Pathetic! Even had to tell a Verizon supervisor that this is not some sort of power struggle, I need someone who can help--obviously that did not go over too well, lol
    Anyone else have a solution. I run 6.0.1
    03-09-2017 12:22 PM
    I've had some strange goings on, I posted about it in the stickies forum
    03-09-2017 02:36 PM
    Seriously guys, see if anyone can figure this out. I've been aware of trying different cords for months. My note 5 charges but will not fast charge with a cord. It WILL fast charge wirelessly. The feature is turned on for wireless and wired charging. I have verified the cords I have fast charge every other Samsung device but not my phone. So if it charges fast wirelessly and doesn't with a cord even using different cords, making sure feature is on, wiping cache, running safe mode, I'm out of options. Anyone else figure this out????
    04-18-2017 01:37 PM
    I am starting to have issues from time to time again the Samsung cable is taking a crap, time to buy a new one.
    Wow, thanks for the info. Mine was not FC so I changed cables and it started to FC again, had not been working for several days...
    04-19-2017 08:00 PM
    I have a T-Mobile N5 32gb. I also have issues with the fast charging feature. I've used different cables and different outlets. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to get the phone to fast charge. Someone's it will say fast charging then in won't. Usually if I discount and reconnect it will start charging fast but not always. This phone is my life and I love it. I only wish the battery would last longer.
    04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 131415