04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 1234 ...
tools
    New Verizon 64GB Note 5 and I noticed this same thing last night. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.
    Please call Samsung and report this. Obviously not just a T-Mobile issue.
    09-10-2015 06:32 PM
    AT&T Has never fast charged. I complained to Samsung and they had me try it in safe mode. I haven't gotten back to them yet.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:05 PM
    I've been having this issue as well. Have to unplug and replug back in to get fast charging to register. Just got my GN5 a couple days ago from T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:59 AM
    Traded my s6+ for new one I had the same issues now I'm good once I put my phone on that slow charge Samsung wireless charger an it didn't work (it stopped charging my phone in the middle of the night ) that's when the fast charging issue came

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2015 06:04 AM
    Traded my s6+ for new one I had the same issues now I'm good once I put my phone on that slow charge Samsung wireless charger an it didn't work (it stopped charging my phone in the middle of the night ) that's when the fast charging issue came

I don't think the wireless charger has anything to do with it. People with no wireless charger are having the issue.

Who is your carrier?
    09-11-2015 06:15 AM
    Everyone that is still having the problem needs to call Samsung and report this and let them know you are aware of others on the forum having the same issue.
    09-11-2015 06:16 AM
    My ATT Note 5 fast charged everyday just fine.
    09-11-2015 07:35 AM
    T mobile

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-11-2015 05:43 PM
    Happens to me as well. Fast charging does not always work regardless of power source (wall plug, extension plugs, etc.). Fast wireless charging works though. Using Samsung stock adaptor, cable and wireless charger.
    09-12-2015 02:05 AM
    Happens to me as well. Fast charging does not always work regardless of power source (wall plug, extension plugs, etc.). Fast wireless charging works though. Using Samsung stock adaptor, cable and wireless charger.
    And who is your carrier?

Have you reported this to Samsung?
    09-12-2015 08:57 AM
    T mobile

Have you reported it to Samsung?
    09-12-2015 08:58 AM
    And who is your carrier?

Have you reported this to Samsung?
    I'm from Singapore, bought the device from one of the local carrier M1 less than a month ago.
    The problem is more consistent now. Will require about 5-6 times of unplugging and plugging before I can get fast charging to work. Not sure what to make of this.. Wireless fast charging works, however there are issues as well such as not detecting and charging the phone at all despite shifting the phone's position around the pad.

Have emailed Samsung SG, might try calling them tomorrow.
    09-12-2015 12:26 PM
    How do I report to Samsung I'm coming over from apple , htc m8/m9 I would appreciate it if you point me in the right direction

09-12-2015 12:28 PM
    On At&t, when I plug it in there is a brief notification at the top that says ''fast charger connected."

The notification in the pull down area says ''fast charging."

Never had a problem with mine not fast charging.
    You're right. For my verizon phone sometimes the lock screen says "fast charging" but today it didn't. After reading your post I went to the pulldown and it says fast charging. Interesting - thx for the tip.
    09-12-2015 05:33 PM
    I've noticed this the last couple of days. Even when the battery is low no fast charge. I'm charging now. Started at 30% and I am now at 80 but it's not fast charging or at least it doesn't say it is. I just started using that slow wireless charger on a regular basis earlier in the week and ever since then is when I noticed this.

09-12-2015 05:34 PM
    Wouldn't that be something if the old Samsung wireless chargers were screwing up the phone and causing them not to fast charge anymore....

09-12-2015 05:37 PM
    I think we just have a defect in the fast charging adapter. I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in a couple of times and bang Fast charging. Gotta be a defect in the connection between the cable and the brick. It's probably a design flaw. Don't think it's the phone.

09-12-2015 05:53 PM
    I'm from Singapore, bought the device from one of the local carrier M1 less than a month ago.
    The problem is more consistent now. Will require about 5-6 times of unplugging and plugging before I can get fast charging to work. Not sure what to make of this.. Wireless fast charging works, however there are issues as well such as not detecting and charging the phone at all despite shifting the phone's position around the pad.

Have emailed Samsung SG, might try calling them tomorrow.
    Do you not have a Samsung store near you? If so, it would probably be best to take the phone in there. You can also show them this thread and how people outside I'd Singapore are having this same issue.

I have a feeling this is a software issue, because I know for a fact it is not the charger. I've used my N5, N4 and S6E chargers on my Note 5 and all experience the issue here and there now. I have also tested all those chargers on my Note 4 and my N4 always shows fast charging with those chargers.
    09-12-2015 09:41 PM
    Just plug the adapter directly into an outlet and not a surge protector or extension cord.
    09-13-2015 08:24 AM
    I plug my Note 4 charger into Note 5 and always get fast charge. I put my Note 5 charger in and intially no fast charge. Once I pull the cable out of the brick and plug it back in again then fast charge appears. So it may differ for some but it's definitely my Note 5 charger.

09-13-2015 02:09 PM
    Do you not have a Samsung store near you? If so, it would probably be best to take the phone in there. You can also show them this thread and how people outside I'd Singapore are having this same issue.

I have a feeling this is a software issue, because I know for a fact it is not the charger. I've used my N5, N4 and S6E chargers on my Note 5 and all experience the issue here and there now. I have also tested all those chargers on my Note 4 and my N4 always shows fast charging with those chargers.
    I do not have another device to test the fast charging but it seems to be a charging cable issue on my end. Using another original samsung charging cable and it seems to be able to utilise fast charging without issues. Will monitor the situation for a few days and probably drop by a Samsung service centre on Wednesday.
    09-13-2015 07:58 PM
    I recently started to have this issue about a week ago. At first all I had to do was unplug and then plug it back in a few times to get it to work, but it soon stopped working completely. I happened to be at Best Buy yesterday and I figured I would give them a shot, but they really had no idea how it works- tried to tell me it wouldn't fast charge at 80%... Anyway I read somewhere else, I think someone having the same issue with an S6, if you push it in a little harder it would work. So far that's been my solution, though makes me wonder if/when something is going to break.

09-13-2015 09:19 PM
    I recently started to have this issue about a week ago. At first all I had to do was unplug and then plug it back in a few times to get it to work, but it soon stopped working completely. I happened to be at Best Buy yesterday and I figured I would give them a shot, but they really had no idea how it works- tried to tell me it wouldn't fast charge at 80%... Anyway I read somewhere else, I think someone having the same issue with an S6, if you push it in a little harder it would work. So far that's been my solution, though makes me wonder if/when something is going to break.

Pushing it in longer or harder seems to work. That doesn't make any sense. What's going on here? I have a note 5 on Verizon.
    09-14-2015 12:07 AM
    Pushing it in longer or harder seems to work. That doesn't make any sense. What's going on here? I have a note 5 on Verizon.
    There's probably something wrong with port. One of these days I'm just going to call Samsung. Unless they exchange it I'll probably just make due with using some extra force or use wireless vs having it sent for repair... as long as it still charges

09-14-2015 12:26 AM
    Sprint phone, Sprint carrier.
    09-14-2015 03:29 AM
365 1234 ...