04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 12345 ...
tools
    I contact Samsung and they told me it is a hardware issue and I should send my device to service center for repair
    09-15-2015 12:46 PM
    I meant to start this rumor when Samsung had me check my phone for updates. I just got an ATT update for my phone. I suspect that it is related to the charging issues. I can't find any reference to the update and on my old style samsung charger (not the one with the phone) It will not fast charge, only regular.
    09-15-2015 03:42 PM
    So im in this boat now too. My note had no issues with chargin. Now i plug it in it never says fast charging. I tried with 50% and 20% nothing.charger and cable that came with a phone
    09-16-2015 08:31 AM
    same thing happened to me since last week. I have a verizon note 5, since last week the fast charging not working any more. I went to bestbuy to let them check, the fast charging WORKS over there. They told me it depends on the power outlet. So this morning I tried to charge in my office, IT STILL NOT FAST CHARGING. So weird.
    09-16-2015 09:04 AM
    I guess IT is related to the original USB which is used with the device since it is not fit 100%
    I changed it with the same fast charger and it works fine
    Techlen likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:32 PM
    I can confirm that the fast charging failed due to the cord that came with the Note 5. I thought about it in some earlier post about it working when pushing the micro usb in and holding it that there must be some sort of extra connection that needs to happen for the fast charging to work. Long story short the cord that came with the Note 5 doesn't last long. I bought a nice braided cord and what a difference. Fast charge every time guys!!!
    09-16-2015 09:39 PM
    It is a big deal. Samsung made a big fuzz about the fast charge. That is also one of the best feature I like about the Note 5 is fast charge. I know that the fast charge is only working with the charger that came with the Note 5. Please double check that, It should have dual voltage outputs where the older charge has only 5V output.
    I noticed some people were talking about chetech fast wireless charger with lighting sensor for just $30, and I also preorder on Amazon. ,waiting for my cheotech fast wireless charger.

Sent from tapatalk
    _An Android guy :-)
    09-17-2015 10:20 AM
    Same problem here with my note 5.. but i am sure its a software problem not a hardware.. it would be fixed in next update
    09-17-2015 08:11 PM
    I had to plug in my phone several times for fast charging to appear. I tried my friends other Samsung cable with my adaptive charging box and got fast charging every time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-18-2015 04:20 AM
    Ever since the AT&T OTA update the other day I have not had one instance where fast charging has not worked. Before that I had issues every time where I had to remove the cable from the brick and plug back in to get it to work. Working perfectly now without the drama.

09-18-2015 07:05 AM
    Just plug the adapter directly into an outlet and not a surge protector or extension cord.
    That doesn't make a difference.
    09-18-2015 03:11 PM
    There's probably something wrong with port. One of these days I'm just going to call Samsung. Unless they exchange it I'll probably just make due with using some extra force or use wireless vs having it sent for repair... as long as it still charges

If you don't call Samsung, they don't know and then it takes longer for a fix to be done. After a certain number of complaints, it triggers something so they start looking into it.
    09-18-2015 03:13 PM
    I have a question to all of you. I noticed something weird today. Even if i unplug and plug back in the charger and it finally says Fast Charging it still charges slow. Had 40% when i plugged in. It says fast charging time until full 1 hour 29 mins. When from 0 it usually takes 1 hour 9 mins. I went to shower for 10 minutes and gained only 3% on fast charge. Wtf?
    Mohammad Hasan likes this.
    09-18-2015 09:39 PM
    I noticed that cable charging remaining time was same as fast charging on 90 percent battery when i replug it to get fast charging.. fast charging is a software trick i think, not a hardware...

09-19-2015 11:29 AM
    I noticed that cable charging remaining time was same as fast charging on 90 percent battery when i replug it to get fast charging.. fast charging is a software trick i think, not a hardware...

I've tested it and if it doesn't say fast charging the actual time is different. It has taken over 1 hour at 50% when it doesn't says fast charging.
    09-20-2015 12:49 PM
    I said on 90 but below 90 is different..

09-20-2015 08:12 PM
    I said on 90 but below 90 is different..

Actually that isn't my experience at all when I tested it last week for Samsung.
    09-21-2015 11:00 AM
    I think i found the reason. Its a dodgy cable that comes with note. I kept same charger but changed cable to another one i had in my house a thicker and higher quality one. Charging all week always detects fast charging. With stock one hit or miss
    Mohammad Hasan likes this.
    09-23-2015 04:54 AM
    Waaooo the same with me bro.. i changed my cable 3 days ago i had a Nokia n8's cable at home.. now i charging with that cable and no issue with fast charging since yet.. always fast charging now

sup3r1or likes this.
    09-23-2015 07:34 AM
    This thread is so interesting. I just recently bought Note-5, and have charged it twice it was fast. But just while ago sitting in a café I plugged it in and to my surprise the approximate time to full was around 4h 40m. I had to plug it in another socket to get it back to fast charging.

Also, after going to the thread I feel it's not about how much charging you already possess since I was 10% when this happened so it doesn't really make sense. This certainly seems more like software bug than a plug issue because had it been something to do with the plug it wouldn't have gone back to fast-charging.

I just really hope this doesn't grow up to be a major issue, cause that pretty much means 4h 40m to charge this bad boy up :0
    09-23-2015 08:38 AM
    Do this you'll know perhaps. switch the phone off and charge it if you get that "lighting" symbol you're getting the fast if not then it's the usual 4h 40m
    09-23-2015 08:43 AM
    I put my note 5 on the white oem supplied charger tonight and it didn't go into fast charge mode. After reading the post here I unplugged it several times and still didn't work. The phone was at 38% charge. I pulled the black USB cable from my useless Samsung wireless charger hockey puck which BTW is a lot thicker and the prong is about a 1/16th of a inch longer and plugged it in to the white base and it was instantly showing fast charging. Put the white cord back on... just standard charging.

Now to me this means either the USB port on the Note is bad, or the cable is, or even a possibility of both. So it isn't a software issue

This ticks me off.

petersemaan likes this.
    09-23-2015 08:12 PM
    I put my note 5 on the white oem supplied charger tonight and it didn't go into fast charge mode. After reading the post here I unplugged it several times and still didn't work. The phone was at 38% charge. I pulled the black USB cable from my useless Samsung wireless charger hockey puck which BTW is a lot thicker and the prong is about a 1/16th of a inch longer and plugged it in to the white base and it was instantly showing fast charging. Put the white cord back on... just standard charging.

Now to me this means either the USB port on the Note is bad, or the cable is, or even a possibility of both. So it isn't a software issue

This ticks me off.

All cords work perfect on my Note 4 for fast charging and none worked on my Note 5. I used the Note 4, S6 Edge and Note 5 cords and charging blocks.

I traded my phone and now all cords are working fine on my N5. It seems to be an odd issue. Everyone does need to report it to Samsung. I'm not even sure if it is a T-Mobile thing or all carriers.
    09-23-2015 09:05 PM
    The phone on fast charge charges in about 1 hour 10 minutes. On standard charge about 2 hours something. Fast charging will shop up on any percentage I had it show up at 60-70-80%. I still have a feeling it is the cord. Since I changed to higher quality it never failed me. Must be cord on maybe the connector on the cord. Don't think it is a phone issue.
    09-24-2015 04:27 AM
    I used the same charger cord, same charging block and sometimes switched up the block and cord, on the Note 4 and didn't have a fast charge problem. Only fast charge problem was with the Note 5.

Also one of the cords got very hot at the plug into the broken N5, cord hasn't heated up once on my Note 4 or new Note 5.
    09-24-2015 07:43 AM
365 12345 ...