04-23-2017 07:46 PM
365 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I use charging current app and throw away cables that are inferior.
    10-13-2015 06:57 PM
    So on behalf of those asking i called samsung last night to report the issue. I did not mention that new cables fixed the issue in my case. The sammy rep told me i would have to ship them my device to be repaired. I was like uhh that will leave me without a phone. They actually suggested i call my carrier(vzw) and ask them for a "loaner phone".
    Not going to happen. I guess i will continue on as is. Luckily the two dollar monoprice cables fixed my issue.
    At least i reported the issue and made a claim.
    10-14-2015 02:27 PM
    I tried your theory doesn't work I tried charging from 0% to 19% still doesn't fast charge I have to constantly remove it after 5 to 10 times it starts fast charging
    10-15-2015 11:03 AM
    I tried your theory doesn't work I tried charging from 0% to 19% still doesn't fast charge I have to constantly remove it after 5 to 10 times it starts fast charging
    Whos theory? My workaround is to buy a two dollar cable. Works perfect every time.
    10-15-2015 12:01 PM
    My phone is still doing this. It's not the cable. I have tried 3 different cables all from brand new Note 5s and it still does the same thing. Takes me unplugging it and plugging back in 5-10 times before fast charging will kick in. So frustrating.

I will contact Samsung tonight to see what they say.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-15-2015 01:04 PM
    Same here. Intermittent issues and have to remove cable from block multiple times to get it to fast charge. Stupid.
    10-16-2015 12:54 PM
    I have a one month old Note 5 on Verizon. On an everyday basis, I use 5 different chargers in 5 different locations.
    old S3 charger in the bedroom at night
    Note 5 charger in kitchen
    verizon charger at work,plugged into extension cord
    Samsung car charger in car
    portable battery pack from Samsung

all of these would fast charge, all of the time, at any battery level, until yesterday. Now the only one that fast charges on any kind of basis is the stock Note 5 charger, and this one needs to be unplugged several times before it fast charges. Simple logic tells me that it is not any of the chargers that are causing this problem.
    10-17-2015 01:44 PM
    I FOUND A COUPLE FIXES... that work for me anyways

So here's the deal with my note 5, i use the stock charger but it rarely fast charges. My wife bought an S6 and hers always fast charges. I tried swapping chargers, and her phone fast charged with both of our chargers, while my phone almost never fast charged. I suspect the note 5 port is to blame.

FIX 1: Sh!tty workaround: if you angle the charger upwards when you plug it in, it catches against the port. If you then shimmy it in, it SOMETIMES triggers the fast charge. (two reasons I don't like this are because it's unreliable, and in the long run it will damage your port)

FIX 2: go to monoprice, buy the "Premium USB to Micro USB Charge & Sync Cable 6ft- White". Monoprice is a reliable 3rd party electronics supplier, these cables are $3 and, when plugged into my fast charger block, work 100% of the time. I initially bought them because i needed a car charger and at that price why not buy a couple more? Anyway I noticed someone on some thread saying plugging the monoprice cable into the fast charger worked for him, and lo and behold, it works for me too!

I'm sure mileage may vary, so please, if anyone else has or wants to try the monoprice route, post results here because I'm interested in seeing whether this works across the board

My samsung repair store told me it would take a week to fix and i can't leave my phone behind that long, so I'm glad i found this. It's sh!tty that samsung won't offer a workable fix on their own, but I hope this fixes everyone's problems!
    digdug11 likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:49 AM
    I have the S6 edge plus and fast charge works with my OEM cord and charger but not with 2 of my powerbanks that supports fast charging. Previously owned the regular S6 edge and both powerbanks fast charged the phone until fast charge no longer worked at all on the phone. After fighting with Sprint they upgraded me to the edge plus. Weird
    10-21-2015 02:13 AM
    I have a Note 5 amd it is at 18% right now but it is not on fast charge. My phone just started doing this about a couple of days ago.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 not always fast charging-3199.jpg  
    10-23-2015 01:46 AM
    Im sorry I forgot to add that I'm eoth Sprint.

10-23-2015 01:49 AM
    I've had my note 5 for 3 weeks and after reading these posts I noticed mine is also not fast charging and I was only using the factory cable and dongel provided. I have tested different cables, plugging it in and out with no luck. On the advice of other posts, I decided to call Samsung in Canada. They suggested for me to back up the phone then factory reset. If that didn't work they wanted me to send it in for repair.

Well I did the hard reset with little luck. Now I'm finding that if just plug the factory cable on the dongle with the phone plugged in the other side it will work provided I plug the cable into the dongle at a slight angle.

The customer service they provide is absolutely horrible. Did I mention this phone is 3 weeks old WTF should of stuck with iPhone. ...

Anyone have any luck?
    10-23-2015 10:21 PM
    Ok,, so the cord that came with note 5 is definitely junk. I compared it to my note 4 cord, night and day. Note 4 cord is twice as thick and longer. The note 4 cord fast charges all the time.
    digdug11 likes this.
    10-24-2015 09:21 AM
    I switched to my Note 4 cord and charger and it fast charges everytime now. Guess the Note 5 charger and cable is trash.

zmann and digdug11 like this.
    10-24-2015 10:13 AM
    This is exactly what ive been saying. This is a cable/charger issue. The cheap 3 dollar monoprice cable is very well made and actually snaps in when you connect it to your phone. Works EVERY time for me and ive been using it for a few weeks now.
    10-24-2015 11:06 AM
    Stooooopid issues that should not happen from any device. There should be a recall lol.

Monoprice is the best btw. Been using them for years and years.
    10-24-2015 12:15 PM
    I switched to my Note 4 cord and charger and it fast charges everytime now. Guess the Note 5 charger and cable is trash.

My Note 5 charger is working fine with my new phone. My Note 4 charger wouldn't work on my old phone.
    10-24-2015 02:22 PM
    This is exactly what ive been saying. This is a cable/charger issue. The cheap 3 dollar monoprice cable is very well made and actually snaps in when you connect it to your phone. Works EVERY time for me and ive been using it for a few weeks now.
    People have actually sent their chargers back in and they still had the issue and then when their phone was switched out, the issue went away.

This issue is not one that is happening right away. I wasn't even having the issue when this thread was started and many didn't have the issue until after a few weeks, after some updates came out..
    10-24-2015 02:24 PM
    People have actually sent their chargers back in and they still had the issue and then when their phone was switched out, the issue went away.

This issue is not one that is happening right away. I wasn't even having the issue when this thread was started and many didn't have the issue until after a few weeks, after some updates came out..
    I can fully see that happening. Swapping a P.O.S. oem cable for another P.O.S oem cable.
    10-24-2015 02:29 PM
    Stooooopid issues that should not happen from any device. There should be a recall lol.

Monoprice is the best btw. Been using them for years and years.
    Agreed. However when i reported the issue to samsung they wanted me to send my device to them for repair. Not happening when such an easy fix is available.
    10-24-2015 02:33 PM
    I can fully see that happening. Swapping a P.O.S. oem cable for another P.O.S oem cable.

Agreed. However when i reported the issue to samsung they wanted me to send my device to them for repair. Not happening when such an easy fix is available.
    Except the "POS" cable worked with the new phone.

Also Samsung tested the cables and nothing wrong with them and they worked on other fast charging Samsung phones.
    10-24-2015 02:57 PM
    Why is it so hard for you to understand not every poster in this thread is having the same exact issues you had? You had a bad phone with a bad charging port. Ok, we get it.
    Read this thread. Many users are solving this issue on their own with different cables.
    Please stop giving out misinformation.
    10-24-2015 03:25 PM
    Why is it so hard for you to understand not every poster in this thread is having the same exact issues you had? You had a bad phone with a bad charging port. Ok, we get it.
    Read this thread. Many users are solving this issue on their own with different cables.
    Please stop giving out misinformation.
    Except other posters in this thread and other posters that didn't post in this thread have had the same issue.

Also other posters have tried a new cable and it also stopped working after a while.

So far it seems you have self diagnosed your phone. Why haven't you traded in your charger? After trading it 3 times with the same problem, Samsung will look further into it.

I'm not giving out misinformation, that isn't what team members on this site do.

ETA: If you want to critique me personally more, I would suggest you do that in PM.
    10-24-2015 06:03 PM
    Well to put it more politely, you saying that all phones share your phones problem is incorrect.
    If it is a phone problem it doesnt make sense that a new cable would temporarily fix the phone.
    Nor does it make sense that in my case my moto x pure charger works flawlessly on my phone as well as my note 5 charger with the new cable.
    10-24-2015 06:44 PM
    Well to put it more politely, you saying that all phones share your phones problem is incorrect.
    If it is a phone problem it doesnt make sense that a new cable would temporarily fix the phone.
    Nor does it make sense that in my case my moto x pure charger works flawlessly on my phone as well as my note 5 charger with the new cable.
    Never said all phones.

If it is software, yes, there could be temporary fixes.

It also doesn't make sense that it is just the cord when the cords work on all phones but the Note 5.

And again, if there is anything else about me to say, please do it in PM. Thanks.
    10-24-2015 06:47 PM
365 ... 45678 ...