Note 5 not always fast charging

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't that be something if the old Samsung wireless chargers were screwing up the phone and causing them not to fast charge anymore....

Posted via the Android Central App

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think we just have a defect in the fast charging adapter. I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in a couple of times and bang Fast charging. Gotta be a defect in the connection between the cable and the brick. It's probably a design flaw. Don't think it's the phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Singapore, bought the device from one of the local carrier M1 less than a month ago.
The problem is more consistent now. Will require about 5-6 times of unplugging and plugging before I can get fast charging to work. Not sure what to make of this.. Wireless fast charging works, however there are issues as well such as not detecting and charging the phone at all despite shifting the phone's position around the pad.

Have emailed Samsung SG, might try calling them tomorrow.

Do you not have a Samsung store near you? If so, it would probably be best to take the phone in there. You can also show them this thread and how people outside I'd Singapore are having this same issue.

I have a feeling this is a software issue, because I know for a fact it is not the charger. I've used my N5, N4 and S6E chargers on my Note 5 and all experience the issue here and there now. I have also tested all those chargers on my Note 4 and my N4 always shows fast charging with those chargers.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I plug my Note 4 charger into Note 5 and always get fast charge. I put my Note 5 charger in and intially no fast charge. Once I pull the cable out of the brick and plug it back in again then fast charge appears. So it may differ for some but it's definitely my Note 5 charger.

Zanderos

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Do you not have a Samsung store near you? If so, it would probably be best to take the phone in there. You can also show them this thread and how people outside I'd Singapore are having this same issue.

I have a feeling this is a software issue, because I know for a fact it is not the charger. I've used my N5, N4 and S6E chargers on my Note 5 and all experience the issue here and there now. I have also tested all those chargers on my Note 4 and my N4 always shows fast charging with those chargers.

I do not have another device to test the fast charging but it seems to be a charging cable issue on my end. Using another original samsung charging cable and it seems to be able to utilise fast charging without issues. Will monitor the situation for a few days and probably drop by a Samsung service centre on Wednesday.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently started to have this issue about a week ago. At first all I had to do was unplug and then plug it back in a few times to get it to work, but it soon stopped working completely. I happened to be at Best Buy yesterday and I figured I would give them a shot, but they really had no idea how it works- tried to tell me it wouldn't fast charge at 80%... Anyway I read somewhere else, I think someone having the same issue with an S6, if you push it in a little harder it would work. So far that's been my solution, though makes me wonder if/when something is going to break.

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I recently started to have this issue about a week ago. At first all I had to do was unplug and then plug it back in a few times to get it to work, but it soon stopped working completely. I happened to be at Best Buy yesterday and I figured I would give them a shot, but they really had no idea how it works- tried to tell me it wouldn't fast charge at 80%... Anyway I read somewhere else, I think someone having the same issue with an S6, if you push it in a little harder it would work. So far that's been my solution, though makes me wonder if/when something is going to break.

Pushing it in longer or harder seems to work. That doesn't make any sense. What's going on here? I have a note 5 on Verizon.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Pushing it in longer or harder seems to work. That doesn't make any sense. What's going on here? I have a note 5 on Verizon.

There's probably something wrong with port. One of these days I'm just going to call Samsung. Unless they exchange it I'll probably just make due with using some extra force or use wireless vs having it sent for repair... as long as it still charges

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I meant to start this rumor when Samsung had me check my phone for updates. I just got an ATT update for my phone. I suspect that it is related to the charging issues. I can't find any reference to the update and on my old style samsung charger (not the one with the phone) It will not fast charge, only regular.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So im in this boat now too. My note had no issues with chargin. Now i plug it in it never says fast charging. I tried with 50% and 20% nothing.charger and cable that came with a phone

Yang Liu2

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
same thing happened to me since last week. I have a verizon note 5, since last week the fast charging not working any more. I went to bestbuy to let them check, the fast charging WORKS over there. They told me it depends on the power outlet. So this morning I tried to charge in my office, IT STILL NOT FAST CHARGING. So weird.

petersemaan

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess IT is related to the original USB which is used with the device since it is not fit 100%
I changed it with the same fast charger and it works fine

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that the fast charging failed due to the cord that came with the Note 5. I thought about it in some earlier post about it working when pushing the micro usb in and holding it that there must be some sort of extra connection that needs to happen for the fast charging to work. Long story short the cord that came with the Note 5 doesn't last long. I bought a nice braided cord and what a difference. Fast charge every time guys!!!

apk88

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
It is a big deal. Samsung made a big fuzz about the fast charge. That is also one of the best feature I like about the Note 5 is fast charge. I know that the fast charge is only working with the charger that came with the Note 5. Please double check that, It should have dual voltage outputs where the older charge has only 5V output.
I noticed some people were talking about chetech fast wireless charger with lighting sensor for just $30, and I also preorder on Amazon. ,waiting for my cheotech fast wireless charger.

Sent from tapatalk
_An Android guy :)

germainstream

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I had to plug in my phone several times for fast charging to appear. I tried my friends other Samsung cable with my adaptive charging box and got fast charging every time.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the AT&T OTA update the other day I have not had one instance where fast charging has not worked. Before that I had issues every time where I had to remove the cable from the brick and plug back in to get it to work. Working perfectly now without the drama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12