Note 5 not always fast charging

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on this thread that hasn't reported the issue to Samsung, needs to. Samsung will want you to send it in, which would be good for someone to do. If my new one starts the issue, I will be sending it to Samsung.

But even if you aren't going to send it in, it needs to be reported. After a certain amount of reports, it will trigger an automatic review by Samsung.

Also test when it isn't showing fast charging and make sure it is actually taking longer to charge. They will ask about this.

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening to me. I plug it in and it says cable charging. Then I take it out and plug it back in and it says fast charging. Always takes a few times to get it to fast charge since yesterday. It was after the last update T-Mobile had.

Posted via the Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I noticed my phone was not fast charging so I let it run down to 22 percent, plugged it in and sure enough, it is fast charging. Only goes into fast charge when at certain low level.. Now that I know this I feel better.

Note 5 is DOPE

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I noticed my phone was not fast charging so I let it run down to 22 percent, plugged it in and sure enough, it is fast charging. Only goes into fast charge when at certain low level.. Now that I know this I feel better.

Note 5 is DOPE

That isn't true. It doesn't matter if mine is at 90% it fast charges.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Y'all can keep trying cables, but all three of mine that didn't work well on my Note 5, but did on my other phones, now works every time on my new Note 5.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Definitely charger/cable issue. I bought my the x pure and my note five fast charges every time I plug her charger into it.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue ever since T-Mobile's latest update. It didn't happen before. Also happens on my GS6. I think it's a software issue or cable as well

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My original s6e plus had the same issue no matter what cord I used it would only fast charge randomly. Exchanged my s6e plus for a new one and no issues with any of the same cords and it always fast charges now.

Zanderos

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Looks like it could be a device or cable issue. It was the charging cable for my case. Replaced a new one with Samsung and no issues with fast charging so far.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok so ive basically have the same problem but ive noticed that the regular charging takes less time now so im not sure if it was this latest upgrade or what. Because since ive gotten these last 2 upgrades fast charging stopped workin on my N5

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This is only the fukin cable issue bro.. just change cable and enjoy fast charging every time... stock cable is not perfectly ok..i had same issue and I changed cable. I luckily had nokia n8's cable at home and charging with that cable now.. problem has been solved. Fast charging every time

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance