Note 5 not always fast charging

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Stooooopid issues that should not happen from any device. There should be a recall lol.

Monoprice is the best btw. Been using them for years and years.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what ive been saying. This is a cable/charger issue. The cheap 3 dollar monoprice cable is very well made and actually snaps in when you connect it to your phone. Works EVERY time for me and ive been using it for a few weeks now.

People have actually sent their chargers back in and they still had the issue and then when their phone was switched out, the issue went away.

This issue is not one that is happening right away. I wasn't even having the issue when this thread was started and many didn't have the issue until after a few weeks, after some updates came out..

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
People have actually sent their chargers back in and they still had the issue and then when their phone was switched out, the issue went away.

This issue is not one that is happening right away. I wasn't even having the issue when this thread was started and many didn't have the issue until after a few weeks, after some updates came out..

I can fully see that happening. Swapping a P.O.S. oem cable for another P.O.S oem cable.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Stooooopid issues that should not happen from any device. There should be a recall lol.

Monoprice is the best btw. Been using them for years and years.

Agreed. However when i reported the issue to samsung they wanted me to send my device to them for repair. Not happening when such an easy fix is available.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can fully see that happening. Swapping a P.O.S. oem cable for another P.O.S oem cable.

Agreed. However when i reported the issue to samsung they wanted me to send my device to them for repair. Not happening when such an easy fix is available.

Except the "POS" cable worked with the new phone.

Also Samsung tested the cables and nothing wrong with them and they worked on other fast charging Samsung phones.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Why is it so hard for you to understand not every poster in this thread is having the same exact issues you had? You had a bad phone with a bad charging port. Ok, we get it.
Read this thread. Many users are solving this issue on their own with different cables.
Please stop giving out misinformation.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why is it so hard for you to understand not every poster in this thread is having the same exact issues you had? You had a bad phone with a bad charging port. Ok, we get it.
Read this thread. Many users are solving this issue on their own with different cables.
Please stop giving out misinformation.

Except other posters in this thread and other posters that didn't post in this thread have had the same issue.

Also other posters have tried a new cable and it also stopped working after a while.

So far it seems you have self diagnosed your phone. Why haven't you traded in your charger? After trading it 3 times with the same problem, Samsung will look further into it.

I'm not giving out misinformation, that isn't what team members on this site do.

ETA: If you want to critique me personally more, I would suggest you do that in PM.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Well to put it more politely, you saying that all phones share your phones problem is incorrect.
If it is a phone problem it doesnt make sense that a new cable would temporarily fix the phone.
Nor does it make sense that in my case my moto x pure charger works flawlessly on my phone as well as my note 5 charger with the new cable.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well to put it more politely, you saying that all phones share your phones problem is incorrect.
If it is a phone problem it doesnt make sense that a new cable would temporarily fix the phone.
Nor does it make sense that in my case my moto x pure charger works flawlessly on my phone as well as my note 5 charger with the new cable.

Never said all phones.

If it is software, yes, there could be temporary fixes.

It also doesn't make sense that it is just the cord when the cords work on all phones but the Note 5.

And again, if there is anything else about me to say, please do it in PM. Thanks.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a one month old Note 5 on Verizon. On an everyday basis, I use 5 different chargers in 5 different locations.
old S3 charger in the bedroom at night
Note 5 charger in kitchen
verizon charger at work,plugged into extension cord
Samsung car charger in car
portable battery pack from Samsung

all of these would fast charge, all of the time, at any battery level, until yesterday. Now the only one that fast charges on any kind of basis is the stock Note 5 charger, and this one needs to be unplugged several times before it fast charges. Simple logic tells me that it is not any of the chargers that are causing this problem.

Honestly your s3 charger won't fast charge if it said it was charging note 5 fast it's wrong. The plug doesn't put out that power even if your phone can use that much power. Fast charging only works with plugs that came with phones that have fast charging or 3rd party ones made to fast charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive been enlightened. A new cable fixes a software problem.(drenched with sarcasm)
And no my oem cord does not fast charge my x pure.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive been enlightened. A new cable fixes a software problem.
And no my oem cord does not fast charge my x pure.

Then you should send your charger in and trade it. Many of us with this issue found our charger would charge our other fast charge phones and not the Note 5. Also our nit fast charging didn't happen all the time, unplugging it and plugging it back up when it happened would fix it many times and it would fast charge just fine many times.

TigerDave

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
kelly, your method of unplugging and replugging neither appeal to, nor work for me, neither did switching the charge block. both worked on my wife's s6, neither wrok for my note5. meanwhile the monoprice cable works 100% of the time (for both phones, both blocks). it also fixed my buddy's note5

do i understand why? no. I SUSPECT the oem cable and oem note 5 port are both crap in ways that compound, and I SUSPECT switching the cable helps, but these are just suspicions, same as yours.

--> I know that my problem went away with switching the cables and others SHOULD try this, despite the fact that you can't logically square it.

PS any solution involving samsung is a big fat waste of everyone's time - samsung takes literally forever to get work orders done. their aftermarket support is absolutely amateur

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never even opened the charger that comes with the Note 5. I use the Note 4 charger that came with my previous phone and it works perfectly. I think perhaps once it didn't and when i unplugged it and then put it in again it was fine. I plan to continue to use the 4 charger as long as it works.

Grace Tham

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem.

bought my set and the charger+cable to the service shop today. was told my the guy that there was a batch of usb cable that is not working with the fast charge charger. so they gave me a new usb cable.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
kelly, your method of unplugging and replugging neither appeal to, nor work for me, neither did switching the charge block. both worked on my wife's s6, neither wrok for my note5. meanwhile the monoprice cable works 100% of the time (for both phones, both blocks). it also fixed my buddy's note5

do i understand why? no. I SUSPECT the oem cable and oem note 5 port are both crap in ways that compound, and I SUSPECT switching the cable helps, but these are just suspicions, same as yours.

--> I know that my problem went away with switching the cables and others SHOULD try this, despite the fact that you can't logically square it.

PS any solution involving samsung is a big fat waste of everyone's time - samsung takes literally forever to get work orders done. their aftermarket support is absolutely amateur

That isn't my method of fixing it. My method of fixing it is exchanging the phone.

Actually Samsung takes 10 days or less when you send your device in, that includes shipping.

I've sent items on more than once. I sent my phone on a Friday, two day shipping both ways and I got it back the next Friday.

If you can't depend on the manufacturer of a phone, why do you buy their phone?

Last edited:

TigerDave

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
grace: did the new cable work?
digdug: +1
kelly: this is my first time with samsung, and i did quite a bit of research on the topic. Sadly, nowhere did it say that servicing a phone would take me the better part of two business weeks, or i might have re-considered leaving apple.

to be fair, i do love the phone, but there are annoyances that come with the samsung experience that you won't see until you -- well -- experience them yourself. Spilled milk aside, surrendering your phone for the better part of two weeks (or even one week) is really not actionable advice for most people, so while yours is certainly one solution, it's not the only one. An example? buying a cheap, reliable, $3 cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown