Note 5 not always fast charging

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I was also having problems with my Fast Charger.Then I switched cables, I started using the one that I used with my S4 and it Fast charges every time!

Posted via the Android Central App

CTSOXCELTSFan34

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello All...Verizon Note 5 user here...Mine more often than not does not charge in fast mode unless I'm using the car charger that came with the phone purchase from Costco....Also when I charge at work with the included Samsung white cable I often get a message saying that the phone will charge faster if I use the cord that came with the phone (which the white Samsung cord obviously did). Now when I charge at work I'm plugged into a surge protector but that does not seem to matter :(

Practechal Reviews

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I started the have the same issue... I switch the micro usb cord and it was solved. It was very problematic for only the note 5 because I would plug in the same cord for the note 4 and it would ALWAYS work for fast charging, but now I have a new micro usb cord and my note 5 works right the first time

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Just get a cheap cable from monoprice.com and youre good to go. I got a high quality six foot cable for around three bucks. Been using it for a month or so with absolutely no problems.

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you try another cable.. since i changed my cable i get always fast charging.. i am using Nokia 8's cable now. No problem now

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Samsung fast charging only works until the battery gets to 75-80% capacity. After that, it charges at normal rate.

You not only have to use the fast charger plug that came with the phone (or the same one from the Note 4) you have to use a USB cable with a heavy enough gauge of wire that it will support the higher voltage of fast charging.

If you use a cheap $5 convenience store cable, it may not support fast charge.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Samsung fast charging only works until the battery gets to 75-80% capacity. After that, it charges at normal rate.

You not only have to use the fast charger plug that came with the phone (or the same one from the Note 4) you have to use a USB cable with a heavy enough gauge of wire that it will support the higher voltage of fast charging.

If you use a cheap $5 convenience store cable, it may not support fast charge.
People keep saying this, whether the claim is 50%, 75%, 80%, 90%... and they're still wrong.

If you use a fast charge capable wall plug and cable, and they are both in working order, the phone will fast charge. Period.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
People keep saying this, whether the claim is 50%, 75%, 80%, 90%... and they're still wrong.

If you use a fast charge capable wall plug and cable, and they are both in working order, the phone will fast charge. Period.

Actually, you are misinformed. Fast charging does not fast charge all the way to 100%. It only charges to a "saturation point" on the battery, somewhere between 60-80%, then reduces voltage/amps to normal charge rate the rest of the way. It also will not work if the cable gauge is not heavy enough to support the increased voltage/amps. Thinner cables will generate heat, so the circuitry in the QFC will not let it work if it detects too much resistance.

Samsung actually licenses this tech from Qualcomm, it is the Qualcomm quick charge technology. Feel free to research how it works, if you're uncertain of the specifics.

What is Qualcomm Quick Charge? | Android Central

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know of no one who has bought the thicker monoprice cable and had it failnon them.

Well good, this issue isn't just with the Note 5..

I know others that have bought different cables and they end up not working eventually and then work with a new phone.

There is no reason to argue here. Your experience is one thing, it is not the experience of everyone.

You never answered, why didn't you call Samsung and return the bad cable so they can inspect it?

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Well good, this issue isn't just with the Note 5..

I know others that have bought different cables and they end up not working eventually and then work with a new phone.

There is no reason to argue here. Your experience is one thing, it is not the experience of everyone.

You never answered, why didn't you call Samsung and return the bad cable so they can inspect it?

Did you actually say MY exp. Is not the same as everyones when you continue to discredit others findings about the p.o.s. oem cable? Thats laughable.

In fact ive just reread this entire thread. NO ONE who has bought a new cable later posted of it failing them.

To answer your question, i bought a superior 6ft cable for only three dollars. I prefer it over the shorter oem cable anyway.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And again, everyone doesn't post on this thread.

Also again, not going to argue with you, that is against the rules of this forum. There are many people that discuss with me outside of the forum, there are a lot more issues with this than what is being posted.

If you have any more issues with me, I suggest you take it up in PM.

But again, you haven't sent your cable back, free of charge, to Samsung. You have self diagnosed, so no one knows what your issue actually is. There is also some carrier issue involved in this and that probably has to do with updates, all carriers don't update the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63