Note 5 not always fast charging

YoungSheeps

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
So is this a software or hardware problem of the Note 5?? It's really strange that there are problems for both wired and wireless charging. I am a bit worried because I am planning on getting a Note 5 from T-Mobile...

brandon_powell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine has completely stopped fast charging. I keep meaning to have the guys at the Samsung section in best buy look at it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zanderos

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Looks like it could be a device or cable issue. It was the charging cable for my case. Replaced a new one with Samsung and no issues with fast charging so far.

So the cable that was replaced failed again. Tested with other compatible cables and they fast charge fine.
Samsung replaced the entire charging adapter with the cable this time. Good news is that the newer cable feels thicker and well-built. I guess that there really must be something wrong with the old batches of cable. At least they took steps to rectify it, hopefully this will be the last of my charging problems.

brandon_powell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have tried multiple cables (even a nice "gold" plated one) and still no fast charge. I'm using the original Samsung FastCharge power brick. Crazy thing is today I notice my wireless charging is working faster the cable charging?! Put it on the wireless plate and said 2 hours to full charge. Pulg it into the fast charge brick using the expensive usb cable 4 hours to complete charge. WTF

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So the cable that was replaced failed again. Tested with other compatible cables and they fast charge fine.
Samsung replaced the entire charging adapter with the cable this time. Good news is that the newer cable feels thicker and well-built. I guess that there really must be something wrong with the old batches of cable. At least they took steps to rectify it, hopefully this will be the last of my charging problems.

We'll I'm glad you were successful with getting Samsung to replace your charger. The rep I spoke with asked me a bunch of pointless and redundant questions, then ultimately said the best she could do is SWAP my existing charger with a different one. And also, it could take 9-12 business days for the replacement charger to arrive. No bueno.

DonovanKling

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I just found a solid way to activate the fast charge. Stand by your refrigerator with your left foot 12 inches off the ground. Then plug the charger into your phone quickly, pull it out, and put it back in quickly, all the while whistling Darth Vader's theme song.

It works!

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
This is issue with the note 5 released in the 1st month but this is fixed with the new releases after that month i had one with the same issue but i have other new one who always fast charge :)

brandon_powell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So I had both a Samsung rep and AT&T service center take a look at my phone today. The Samsung rep seems to be that I have a bad USB port on the phone. It took quite a bit of convincing the AT&T rep, they said I didn't want it to be the port because a defective port would invalidate the warranty. To which I responded a defect is a defect I dont care what part of the phone its on. I ask if they could see any damage, to which they replied no. So I came back at them with well then I didn't cause it so therefore the warranty covers it. I have a replacement on the way. I pre-ordered mine so if the rest of you have a launch device and are having the issue it could be we are looking a a defect in the first batch of phones.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone suggested that it won't fast charge if above 80%. . I tested that theory. They are right.

Marine6212

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine shows fast charging every time I plug it in, but it seems like my note 4 charged way faster than my note 5! I like that it shows how much time till it's 100%

AJLind

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Brand new Note 5 from Best Buy - 2 days old - and having problems with fast charging. This device sucks battery life and if fast charging does not work I'm not interested in keeping the Note 5. I did find that restarting the Note did enable fast charging. But wondering if I made a mistake in choosing this phone over the iPhone 6s? I don't want to have to deal with problems new out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love the features including the Stylus, but hardware issues when the phone is brand new is not good. I'll use another product rather than deal with hardware problems.

StaceyWill

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Guys I was having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone, sometime is fast charging and other just regular, I found a work around, if you plug the phone to the cable and is not fast charging, leave the cable plug to the phone, unplug the cable from power terminal and then plug it back in, it will start charging fast, the key is not to remove the cable from the phone and the leave power connected to the outlet, only removing the cable from the terminal, I thought my cable was bad, but found that works around. Let me know if it work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Worked for me! Thanks!

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Brand new Note 5 from Best Buy - 2 days old - and having problems with fast charging. This device sucks battery life and if fast charging does not work I'm not interested in keeping the Note 5. I did find that restarting the Note did enable fast charging. But wondering if I made a mistake in choosing this phone over the iPhone 6s? I don't want to have to deal with problems new out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love the features including the Stylus, but hardware issues when the phone is brand new is not good. I'll use another product rather than deal with hardware problems.

I had to get warranty replacements twice to correct a Bluetooth problem, 3's a charm, the last phone is absolutely outstanding and perfect with one minor exception: Fast charging is hit or miss with one of my extra wall chargers, the other wall charge never has a problem and always fast charges the phone.

One thing though - I strongly suggest you check out Battery University and read up on charging Lithium Ion batteries. They do not recommend high current, heat generating fast charging methodology as that will shorten the life of the battery. So keep in mind that you might be trading fast charging for battery longevity. Just a thought. Still there are times when we want a fast charge and when you do there is a 100% workaround that Chinoo discovered and it works so far every single time! See below:

Have you guys try this?
Guys I was having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone, sometime is fast charging and other just regular, I found a work around, if you plug the phone to the cable and is not fast charging, leave the cable plug to the phone, unplug the cable from power terminal and then plug it back in, it will start charging fast, the key is not to remove the cable from the phone and the leave power connected to the outlet, only removing the cable from the terminal, I thought my cable was bad, but found that works around. Let me know if it work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Chinoo is recommending leaving the cord plugged into the micro-USB in the phone and unplugging and replugging the USB connection into the AC adapter. I tried this and it works - every single time! Good job Chinoo! Until Samsung releases a firmware update this is a great workaround. Thank you Chinoo... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary