Note 5 not always fast charging

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've never been able to get fast charging to work. Works fine on my old Note 4 and sons S6. Tried the chargers for both on The Note 5 and unplugging the cord from the charger. Still no fast charge. Does fast charge with the wireless fast charger though.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Note 5

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Went to Sprints website for troubleshooting charging issues on Note 5. For the first time ever, Sprint's website actually suggested something that worked and now my Note 5 fast charges with the plug. The last option is to do a soft reset by holding the volume down key and the power button until the phone resets. After it reset, fast charging worked. Woohoo!

Troubleshoot charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just randomly I have been experiencing this myself, I can get it to work by messing with the charger cable by unplugging it and plugging it in several times, was fine I don't know what is causing it.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Just randomly I have been experiencing this myself, I can get it to work by messing with the charger cable by unplugging it and plugging it in several times, was fine I don't know what is causing it.

Rather than unplugging and re-plugging the micro-USB into the phone just unplug/re-plug the USB end into the adapter. It works every time for me. Also, the soft reset mentioned 4 posts above works.

The risk of unplugging and re-plugging the micro USB into the phone is that those micro USB female connectors in the phone wear rapidly, before you know it the connector can wear out. A good reason to go to wireless charging.

Dan Gray1

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
My Note 5 - Australian 64gb unlocked. Mostly I get fast charging but sometimes I do not. I have 2 Quick Charge 2 chargers but my Note 5 does not recognise them as fast chargers. Yet the Note 4 does. Both phones are supposed to be Quick charge 2 compatible. Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

horizon79

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I had upgraded to this from Droid turbo so I still had the turbo charger. I tried that and it goes to fast charge every time as where the Samsung charger I have to plug in 3-5 times to get it to fast charge. Could it be the charging unit?

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I had upgraded to this from Droid turbo so I still had the turbo charger. I tried that and it goes to fast charge every time as where the Samsung charger I have to plug in 3-5 times to get it to fast charge. Could it be the charging unit?

I experienced the same thing with my phone. I use the Droid Turbo charger as well as other QuickCharge 2.0 chargers that I purchased to go with that phone. The Samsung charger doesn't always say it is quick charging, but the QC ones seem to kick in every time.

MikeDozier

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm It's the outlet. I have the same problem, unplugging and re-plugging makes no difference in one outlet. But the outlet on the other side of my bedroom, albeit inconvenient for access from my bed, Fast charging works 100% of the time, maybe it's a voltage issue, sketchy wiring on the outlet maybe?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm It's the outlet. I have the same problem, unplugging and re-plugging makes no difference in one outlet. But the outlet on the other side of my bedroom, albeit inconvenient for access from my bed, Fast charging works 100% of the time, maybe it's a voltage issue, sketchy wiring on the outlet maybe?
If Note 5 it's the cord Mate not the other part , you need to get a thicker cord that's it, since i have the Note 4 put away the Cord From the Note 4 is Thicker than the Note 5 , Since i swiped cords it always charges Fast Charge with no issues at all!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I know this is going to sound weird, but my daughter has the Sprint S6 Edge +, she was having the same problem. She removed the charging plug from the wall and flipped it around and then she had the Fast Charging back again. She thought it was weird, so she flipped it back, no Fast Charging. Did it one more time and had Fast Charging again. Makes no sense to me, but it works for her. I have a Sprint Note 5 and have no problems with both of my Fast Charging plugs. I have the stock USB cord downstairs and a generic 6 foot cord in the bedroom. Both work the same. Shrug. I dunno.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is the USB cable, my Samsung cable that came with my Note 5 is pretty much never fast charging anymore, I just tried the USB cable from my old Nexus 5 and now I have fast charging back, guess it's time for a new cable.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me for the first time today. (got my Note5 back in August) Per Kelly's posts, I contacted Samsung. While I was live-chatting with them, I decided to restart my phone to see what would happen. Lo-and-behold it started fast charging.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the INCIPIO Ghost 100 Wireless Charging Base which I bought when I was with Verizon. I'm getting my Note 5 Monday and I was wondering will the phone work with that charging base?

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the INCIPIO Ghost 100 Wireless Charging Base which I bought when I was with Verizon. I'm getting my Note 5 Monday and I was wondering will the phone work with that charging base?

The Note 5 should work with any wireless charger that's Qi compatible, but you won't get the benefit of fast charging unless the charger is specified as such. Samsung sells one for around forty or fifty bucks. I'm using one by Choetech for $30 through Amazon, works very well.

alexeysalo

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Fast Charge never works when the Battery Level of my Note 5 is high enough. When the Battery Level drops below 20% Note 5 always turn the Fast Charge on. But, my Galaxy S6 always use Fast Charge no matter how high the Battery Level is.

Christopher Hendrix

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same problems with my fast charging on my note 5. I used to think it was the outlet I was using because I would plug my charger in to a different outlet and it would say fast charging. But I recently discovered it is not the outlet, I kept unplugging and plugging back in the connector from my phone about 5 times and then it says fast charging. It doesn't matter what percentage my battery is at, I unplug and plug it back it a couple times and then it fast charges. I think the phones have a defect because the fast charging should work the first time you plug it in.

alexeysalo

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've solved this problem finally! I was struggling with it so much. But, a few days ago I changed the charger and new one works perfectly well. Always turn on quick charge (no matter what percentage the battery is).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza