02-17-2017 05:17 PM
58 123
tools
    Has anyone with a Verizon Note 5 been able to get the Samsung Protection Plus?
    09-14-2015 03:04 PM
    I just got off the phone with square trade and put 2 note 5's at the cost of $170. Should of been $99 each but they said it was their family plan. $75 deductible on each device.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    anon(9228075) likes this.
    09-14-2015 03:27 PM
    Has anyone with a Verizon Note 5 been able to get the Samsung Protection Plus?
    Nope. Still in wait mode. I signed-up for Asurion through VZW in the meantime.
    09-14-2015 03:51 PM
    I've used Asurion through VZW, and have never had bad service- new phone arrives as scheduled. The only issue I have is the deductible, and I'm looking in to alternatives right now.

Asurion - Note 5 deductible is $199, and $8 per month
    Squaretrade - $75 deductible, and $99 upfront cost
    Samsung = $79 deductible, and $129 upfront cost.

The problem I have with Asurion is that they don't specifically list the Note 5 on their website right now. Squaretrade allows you to select Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, but does not specifically list the Samsung Note 5. This leads me to looking in to the Samsung Protection Plan, as it specifically lists the Note 5, and their terms and conditions are reasonable. I'm confused on what 2 claims within a 12 month period means though.

Let's say I break my phone today- Sep 2015, and then break it again in Aug 2016, and then again in Feb 2017, technically their will have only been 2 claims in any 12 month period of time, so I'm wondering if the third claim would be allowed.

Anybody have any experience in Samsung Protection Plans?
    I've had two phone breaks in a 12 month period. About 10 months apart. Asurion will cancel your insurance after the second one and you have to wait 12 months from the second claim and then buy a new phone to be able to add the insurance back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 09:54 AM
    Check out "Protect my bubble". I have coverage through them for 6.00 a month and it's a 150.00 deductable.
    09-25-2015 04:28 PM
    09-25-2015 08:47 PM
    I know some of you don't purchase insurance. But for those that do, what is the best alternative for a VZW Note 5?
    I have asurion through att and my note4 wasn't charging so made a claim and they sent me a note5, so asurion did good in my book
    09-25-2015 11:03 PM
    I have asurion through att and my note4 wasn't charging so made a claim and they sent me a note5, so asurion did good in my book
    You got a great deal for an insurance deductible payment.
    09-25-2015 11:46 PM
    You got a great deal for an insurance deductible payment.
    $99 on my next bill it said,I guess it was a discount because the $199 was slashed and it said if I stay without a claim for 12 months the next deductible will be $149
    09-25-2015 11:51 PM
    Oh you got even a better deal. I had to pay $99 down for my new Note 5.
    09-25-2015 11:55 PM
    After trying to get Samsung to respond to their protection plan, which might be the best for me, I've just given up. I added Asurion coverage after about a week just to have something covering my N5 and I think I'll just stick with it.

Painfully, I had my N5 knocked off a nearby table during a visit to my Doctor. I was glad to have a case on it, and for it to be insured. It came through unscathed.
    09-26-2015 07:37 AM
    Re: SquareTrade...

I'm about to order my phone online from Verizon. If I want to do SquareTrade, do I just order my phone without the Ausrion then sign up for SquareTrade as soon as my phone arrives or do I do it after I order it? Thanks!
    09-28-2015 02:32 PM
    Re: SquareTrade...

I'm about to order my phone online from Verizon. If I want to do SquareTrade, do I just order my phone without the Ausrion then sign up for SquareTrade as soon as my phone arrives or do I do it after I order it? Thanks!
    Last I read about Square Trade, you either had to have bought the phone from a retail place in less than 30 days or have current coverage on it. Might as well get it with coverage until you get the Square Trade, then cancel Ausrion. You will only pay a few cents until you get Square Trade and if you took it out of the box and dropped it and broke it, then it is covered.
    09-28-2015 02:59 PM
    After trying to get Samsung to respond to their protection plan, which might be the best for me, I've just given up. I added Asurion coverage after about a week just to have something covering my N5 and I think I'll just stick with it.

Painfully, I had my N5 knocked off a nearby table during a visit to my Doctor. I was glad to have a case on it, and for it to be insured. It came through unscathed.
    After 2 followup emails went ignored, I also gave up on Samsung. Guess they don't want our $$$! Currently on the Asurion $7/month plan and will probably just stay here at this point.
    09-28-2015 03:21 PM
    Last I read about Square Trade, you either had to have bought the phone from a retail place in less than 30 days or have current coverage on it. Might as well get it with coverage until you get the Square Trade, then cancel Ausrion. You will only pay a few cents until you get Square Trade and if you took it out of the box and dropped it and broke it, then it is covered.
    Well - I just ordered the phone without any additional coverage and planned on signing up for SquareTrade upon receipt of the phone. I should be ok unless I drop the phone when unboxing it, correct??
    09-28-2015 03:29 PM
    Well - I just ordered the phone without any additional coverage and planned on signing up for SquareTrade upon receipt of the phone. I should be ok unless I drop the phone when unboxing it, correct??
    Yeah you should, but double check with Square Trade for what you need for a new phone like that to give to them. Like I said, been a couple of years since I verified what was needed for Square Trade.
    09-28-2015 03:33 PM
    What about the warranty on the phone or does that even matter. Is it different for a lease? Sprint is 11 bucks a month but the deductible is so much lower for square trade. Assurion is 200 on a 800 dollar phone.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-30-2015 01:48 PM
    What about the warranty on the phone or does that even matter. Is it different for a lease? Sprint is 11 bucks a month but the deductible is so much lower for square trade. Assurion is 200 on a 800 dollar phone.
    Warranty is different than the insurance. First, warranty won't cover a broken, water damaged or lost/stolen phone.

Insurance will cover those, Square Trade won't cover lost or stolen.
    09-30-2015 02:16 PM
    I had a similar situation. Replaced an LG G2 through Asurion and ended up receiving a G3. This occurred just before the G4 was released. I also only payed $100 because I hadn't filed a claim in 12 months.
    09-30-2015 03:07 PM
    why bother with insurance? it doesn't make financial sense.

Verizon charges $11 for TEC... that's $264 after 24 months.

I bought TWO Note 5 phones for $296 each during the current Verizon $400-off promotion. The 2nd one is intended as a back-up only.
    09-30-2015 06:09 PM
    why bother with insurance? it doesn't make financial sense.

Verizon charges $11 for TEC... that's $264 after 24 months.

I bought TWO Note 5 phones for $296 each during the current Verizon $400-off promotion. The 2nd one is intended as a back-up only.
    Depends.. I always had my niece on Square Trade, but she was breaking her iPhone screen every couple of months, sometimes worse, like closing her bag in the door and crushing her phone. That would be expensive to repair that often. Now my sister knows someone that can replace the screen and she can buy one for about $25.

Square Trade is about $4 a month ($99 for two years, $50 a year) and $75 deductible to replace broken glass, out of warranty repair, water damage, etc. It is good for people that don't want to use a case.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Protection Plus?  Asurion?  SquareTrade?-1443655722277.jpg  
    09-30-2015 06:28 PM
    Just checked Samsung Protection Plus again, b/c I registered my N5 on the Samsung site a week back or so. I was hoping that maybe Samsung would recognize my N5 as a valid device.

No dice.
    I've already talked to Samsung Customer Service the first week I got my phone. Haven't heard back.
    Wonder what's up with this.
    10-18-2015 09:08 AM
    Just checked Samsung Protection Plus again, b/c I registered my N5 on the Samsung site a week back or so. I was hoping that maybe Samsung would recognize my N5 as a valid device.

No dice.
    I've already talked to Samsung Customer Service the first week I got my phone. Haven't heard back.
    Wonder what's up with this.
    I am highly skeptical of the Samsung plan. Like others, I've had a real hard time getting Samsung to reply to my questions. (either via email or on the phone) So far, no response after 11 days.

I even being to imagine how slow their claim process will take if I actually need to file a claim.

That's why I'm passing on the Samsung protection plan. Probably will go with SquareTrade.
    10-18-2015 10:09 PM
    Most of my communication with Samsung has been through Twitter. I dont even try calling. They respond fairly quick. Maybe because people can see it.
    10-19-2015 10:14 AM
    I'm checking out Protect Your Bubble. It said on quote that the note 5 was $75 deductible. $6.99 a month

I've had my phone over 30 days. Does that exclude me from verizon asurion plan or square trade?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2015 10:47 AM
58 123