02-17-2017 05:17 PM
58 123
tools
    I'm checking out Protect Your Bubble. It said on quote that the note 5 was $75 deductible. $6.99 a month

I've had my phone over 30 days. Does that exclude me from verizon asurion plan or square trade?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Protect Your Bubble by Assurant.... I assume it's the same Assurant that T-Mobile uses?
    check out these reviews: Top 280 Complaints and Reviews about Assurant
    10-19-2015 12:01 PM
    I also got same problem. I bought my phone 3 months ago and now would like to buy a protection plan for my both of the devices,but i am unable to do it. Its showing that your device could not be found. Can anyone suggest what should i do?
    03-08-2016 02:36 AM
    I was looking into getting this $129 protection plan from samsung.. but i called them, though not stated on this page, as some have mentioned, there is a deductible of $99 for accidental claims.. so you drop your phone crack screen, its $99 per claim (vs how much to actually fix by samsung, $250?)

Similar squaretrade coverage i've found for my ebay purchased (new) s7 edges are $79 each for 2 years.. no deductible.. so i guess screen cracks aside squaretrade is still better
    07-13-2016 12:09 PM
    Keep in mind that in the long run, you will almost certainly pay more to buy insurance than to just pay for any needed repair or replacement yourself. If that weren't true, insurance companies would lose money instead of being profitable, and they would go out of business.

Insurance is only helpful for disasters that you couldn't otherwise recover from, and that are so rare that the "long run" would take several lifetimes--disasters such as your house burning down.
    07-13-2016 03:38 PM
    Keep in mind that in the long run, you will almost certainly pay more to buy insurance than to just pay for any needed repair or replacement yourself. If that weren't true, insurance companies would lose money instead of being profitable, and they would go out of business.

Insurance is only helpful for disasters that you couldn't otherwise recover from, and that are so rare that the "long run" would take several lifetimes--disasters such as your house burning down.
    i already had this happen before, where my 1.5 year old windows phone was having battery issues, no longer charging etc.. i would have been out the original $400 i paid had i not paid $79 for a 2 year warranty.. submit the claim to squaretrade.. paypal refund of $400 within a few days. Yeah I probably could have sent it in for repair (cost?) and likely end up with a refurb anyway, but this was a much better route.

On the glass shattering and cost of that repair I have no idea.. actually.. i wonder if you replace your glass yourself after the 1 year warranty, but still have squaretrade.. then run into a normal mechanical issue, if squaretrade still will reimburse you the cost of the phone or repair it (void squaretrade by fixing screen?).. i'm guessing squaretrade would still cover this.
    07-13-2016 04:28 PM
    i already had this happen before, where my 1.5 year old windows phone was having battery issues, no longer charging etc.. i would have been out the original $400 i paid had i not paid $79 for a 2 year warranty.. submit the claim to squaretrade.. paypal refund of $400 within a few days.
    Sure, insurance is to your advantage on those occasions when something breaks. But on average, in the long run, you also pay insurance all the years that nothing breaks. And on average, in the long run, that adds up to more than the benefit you get from the occasions when the insurance does pay off for you. Otherwise, insurance companies would lose money on average.
    07-13-2016 07:05 PM
    esurance price was about the same as asurion. 10.99 a month with 175$ deductable in stead of 200$. seems kindof high. i had asurion with metro on my s7 for 6$ a month, when i just switched to verizons 80$ a month unlimited plan they had to switch my phone to a verizon brand s7 edge but insurance is 11$ a month with asurion. makes no sense. seems high to me.
    02-17-2017 11:05 AM
    esurance price was about the same as asurion. 10.99 a month with 175$ deductable in stead of 200$. seems kindof high. i had asurion with metro on my s7 for 6$ a month, when i just switched to verizons 80$ a month unlimited plan they had to switch my phone to a verizon brand s7 edge but insurance is 11$ a month with asurion. makes no sense. seems high to me.
    Also, in my experience, Asurian's deductable, when it came to phone replacement for me was high, $250 to be exact.
    02-17-2017 05:17 PM
58 123