Do you guys use google chrome or the stock web browser?

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm also curious about this. I haven't used the stock browser since the S3 because it sucked. I never thought to try it again, as it likely has improved.

That said, I've been using Chrome for some time now. Chrome works great for me. Very fast and responsive. I can't really answer on the effects on battery life, but I do know that Chrome is cloud based as long as you're signed into your google account on Chrome. So it should use less storage.

Ricky Cox

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm back and forth. If you multi window chrome and internet and click the same links, the stock browser seems a bit faster. I also like to randomly switch back to chrome and Google keyboard. I know I'm weird.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Of those two I find the stock browser faster and cleaner in form and function. But my default browser is Dolphin because it is much faster than any other and has a plugin for my password manager app.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Stock. Chrome is a power hungry beast. I don't use the password or credit card feature due to security

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome and UC browser. Both work without any lag or issues.

Posted via the Android Central App using the AT&T Note 5, 64GB

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Atlas for speed (it doesn't do much, but it connects fast) and Firefox for add-ons, passwords, and all the other heavy duty stuff I need.

Chrome? Only for a site that won't accept any other browser (yes, there are still people writing websites who don't know what they're doing).

Samsung's stock browser is, AFAIC, a combination of the worst features of all the other browsers out there. It's still on my phone in case someone asks a question about it and I have to run it to figure out the answer.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive been using chrome beta for the last few years. Ive thought about using the stock browser on the notes, guess i should at least look at it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!