Hello - I am posting this again (I didn't have an account the first time.)

I am a new Note5 user as of today. I am moving from the iPhone 5 platform. I wish to sync my work Exchange calendar to my Note5 without downloading the associated Exchange email account at the same time.

The iPhone 5 mail app allowed you connect an email account then disable attributes, such as the mail itself, notes, to do, contacts, etc.

I like having my work appointments on my private phone so I don't overbook myself. Is this possible with the Note5?

Thank you!
    Natalie
    09-04-2015 02:35 PM
    Yup, just go to your Account Settings, find the Exchange E-mail account you added and turn the options you want on or off. You have Calendar, Contacts, Email, and Tasks available for most Exchange servers. You might have other options (or less) depending on your IT Admin if they disabled/enabled features from the Exchange server itself.

Also check with your IT department as some Exchange accounts limit the amount of mobile devices it can be registered in (for instance, in my office, our sever is limited to three mobile devices and one computer). If you switch to a new phone and you go over your allowed device limit, it depends on how your server is configured if it allows you to de-register devices manually or if you have to contact IT to do it for you.
    Yup, just go to your Account Settings, find the Exchange E-mail account you added and turn the options you want on or off. You have Calendar, Contacts, Email, and Tasks available for most Exchange servers. You might have other options (or less) depending on your IT Admin if they disabled/enabled features from the Exchange server itself.

Also check with your IT department as some Exchange accounts limit the amount of mobile devices it can be registered in (for instance, in my office, our sever is limited to three mobile devices and one computer). If you switch to a new phone and you go over your allowed device limit, it depends on how your server is configured if it allows you to de-register devices manually or if you have to contact IT to do it for you.
    NatalieB2015 likes this.
    09-04-2015 02:45 PM