These are the apps i have disabled. Will they effect anything?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i disabled these apps since i dont think i use them or think there needed to be running and wanted to know if its ok or is it gonna effect the performance of my phone in any way? is there anymore i should disable that can help my phone perform even better or save battery life?

11995457_10205775325597076_1600751828_o.jpg11991046_10205775325237067_1120131714_o(1).jpg11991141_861734470584892_400302033_o.jpg

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I have about 180 more than that disabled in package disabler pro and things are running great for me

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The built in app manager only lets you disable so much. Should look into package disabled pro to take it to the next level.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you guys also tell me which ones i should add to the list to make the phone perform better?

Are you asking for battery help? Is that what you mean by perform better? We have a thread where others are discussing battery stats and what to do to make them better. You can post in there as well but ensure to post your stats so others can help.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish i can disable my tmobile app it keeps running!

I noticed i cant disable my tmobile app and even if i force close it will pop right back up and run again! It sucks cause i dont use it!

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: I wish i can disable my tmobile app it keeps running!

Have you tried package disabler pro?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

is there anymore i should disable that can help my phone perform even better or save battery life?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Update: i also disabled App Source,Galaxy Apps,Google App,voice wake-up cause i dont think i need those or do i?

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just installed package disabler pro and disabled 95% of the items in magenta. Now I lost my Battery icon I had in the settings and quick settings! I looked at the list of disabled items and can't tell which one has anything to do with that! Anyone have any ideas?

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just installed package disabler pro and disabled 95% of the items in magenta. Now I lost my Battery icon I had in the settings and quick settings! I looked at the list of disabled items and can't tell which one has anything to do with that! Anyone have any ideas?
Uncheck smart manager.
I have a thread over on xda with a good basic XML file with 150 apps which are safe to disable. I have an extreme configuration as well that has over 200. Just Google note 5 xda debloating guide and you should see it.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Uncheck smart manager.
I have a thread over on xda with a good basic XML file with 150 apps which are safe to disable. I have an extreme configuration as well that has over 200. Just Google note 5 xda debloating guide and you should see it.

Yippee! It's back! Thank you very much! I wrote to the app developer and they had me send the string of disabled apps. We'll see if they are smart enough to know this. ;-)

Thanks again! I have noted your guide for further research.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I always have to ask on threads like these... Are you guys having problems before you disabled any of these? My Note 5 runs great, really great with just about nothing disabled. I always wonder about the need for this...

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I always have to ask on threads like these... Are you guys having problems before you disabled any of these? My Note 5 runs great, really great with just about nothing disabled. I always wonder about the need for this...
I do this for 2 reasons.

1. If I don't want or need the app in question, I also don't want to be bothered when that app needs to be updated.

2. It "un-clutters" the app drawer.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I disable the stuff I know I'll never use. But I don't worry much about it. I don't stress over eliminating every possible app or process possible. IMHO people get way too concerned about micromanaging everything.

I think it's better to let Android handle things and automatically self-optimize operation as it is designed to do. If given the chance, Android runs better and better as you use it. But you have to leave it alone or it can't optimize itself.

Anyway, I just enjoy using the friggin' phone without futzing around much. Unless something is hogging CPU cycles and draining the battery it's not bothering me or slowing down the phone.

For example, the Google App aka Google search. It just sits cached in a minimal amount of memory. No draw on system resources or battery. Why should I disable it? There's nothing significant to be gained. Besides, I might want to do a search.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
So google app is just google search? I disabled it cause i dont use search i just use google chrome. Will disabling google app cause google chrome to have issues?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I think the Google app is just the search app but I don't know for sure. It could be part of other Google stuff, like maybe Google Now. I've never seen a good answer to the question, and I don't use Google Now, Google+, Google Apps or other stuff I would need working to test it myself. I doubt it has anything to do with Chrome, however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781