Samsung Note 5 Clear View Case works with Samsung Wireless Charger

KSY77

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought the new Samsung Note 5 Clear View Case with the Note 5 on Aug 21, 2015 and have been testing it out for a couple of days now. Despite the case making the phone look slightly bigger and heavier, I really like being able to answer calls and controlling various functions through the flip cover and not having to flip the cover over to access the phone. Really cool feature. And the S-Pen also works with the cover. I was also afraid that the new case would not work with the Samsung wireless charger but found out that the phone will charge with the cover on as well. Check out the youtube demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgFEyZ98xQ

I'm usually not a big fan of covers but I really do like this clear case. The only downfall I find is that the case itself is not as scratch resistant as I would have liked it to be. I already have a 3x3 mm scratch on the front cover as a result of my keys. But generally, I'm quite happy with this new clear case.

What about other wireless chargers and cases?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Thanks for the tip! Most 'respectable' chargers will work with cases, unless you're using a Hulk case with TPU, plastic bumpers, acrylic protector, and a clip holster on top of it all.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Electromagnetic waves will not be disturbed unless the material is conducting

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The material might not break them, but the distance added by the bulk of it all might. And does. Plenty of chargers out there that won't work unless the phone is case-less or has a very VERY thin TPU case

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
We should start a list of cases that don't stop wireless charging much like we make lists of bloat apps to disable and such...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt