On my note 4, when I went back to my home screen while a call was in progress, a green square in-call status popup would appear at the top left that would enable me to go back to the call by tapping the popup once without having to pull down the notification list. How can I enable this on my Note 5?
    09-04-2015 03:54 PM
    I'm afraid that option is gone. Personally, I didn't like it so I'm glad they got rid of it, but I can see it was something you used. The only 'alternative' would be for you to force the phone app into a floating minimized window. You can drag your finger diagonally from the corner of the notification bar towards the center of the screen while you're in a call (or in the dialer) which would make the phone app go into floating window mode. From there, tap the dot on top of the floating window and select the minimize option (arrows pointing inwards). This will make the phone app into a floating button that's always on top of other apps.
    09-04-2015 04:09 PM
    I'm afraid that option is gone. Personally, I didn't like it so I'm glad they got rid of it, but I can see it was something you used. The only 'alternative' would be for you to force the phone app into a floating minimized window. You can drag your finger diagonally from the corner of the notification bar towards the center of the screen while you're in a call (or in the dialer) which would make the phone app go into floating window mode. From there, tap the dot on top of the floating window and select the minimize option (arrows pointing inwards). This will make the phone app into a floating button that's always on top of other apps.
    I wasn't able to force an active call into a floating minimized window. I could force the dialer though.
    09-04-2015 04:28 PM
    Thanks! That's pretty cool. I'll try it next time I get a call.
    09-04-2015 04:34 PM
    On my note 4, when I went back to my home screen while a call was in progress, a green square in-call status popup would appear at the top left that would enable me to go back to the call by tapping the popup once without having to pull down the notification list. How can I enable this on my Note 5?
    I don't remember how I got it turned on but have that kind of pop-up working on Verizon Note 5. I will noodle around and post if I can find the switch.
    09-04-2015 05:14 PM
    I get that pop-up only when I receive a call. I can't figure out to get it for calls made.
    09-04-2015 05:19 PM
    Thanks!
    09-05-2015 06:09 AM
    I realize this thread is almost a year old. Did anyone get this figured out? I have a Verizon Note 5 and I would love to figure out how to get this feature to work. It was incredibly handy for multitasking while on a call.
    04-22-2016 10:05 AM
    05-05-2016 03:14 PM
    Actually I got it to work by starting an app and doing a fast diagonal swipe starting from the upper right corner of the screen...it took a couple of times but it worked.
    05-05-2016 03:17 PM
    Actually I got it to work by starting an app and doing a fast diagonal swipe starting from the upper right corner of the screen...it took a couple of times but it worked.
    Are you saying that you used Samsung's multi-window option and then shrunk it down to just the floating icon? That does work but is not exactly the same as the way it worked on the Note 4. Would love to figure out a way to get that functionality back.
    05-05-2016 03:45 PM
    I get that when a call comes in. The active call stays on the top of the screen in a small box

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2016 07:01 PM