Dropped your Note 5 yet?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So this isn't note 5 related but it's drop related... so yesterday my cousin left his G3 on the trunk of a car and well the phone ended up in the street.. we didn't know it was there since it was dark out. When he realized what happened we went to check and the phone was in perfect shape thanks to the otterbox defender case.

Posted via the Android Central App

chuckychess

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Been lucky so far, but I've been baby-ing the hell out of it. I go naked most of the time, unless I'm at work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wish I could do the same....but I'm too paranoid to go down that route.

Posted using the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / Pro 12.2

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was quoted $71 and some change for a new back glass. Included 2 day shipping both ways. They said 5-7 day turnaround

Posted via Android Central App

keren-velazquez1

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
just yesterday i dropped my phone and i had a glass screen protector on it, and a phone case. however when it fell out of my pocket, it landed on the screen. i noticed that the glass protector cracked , so i decided to take it off and while i was doing that( the impact was so hard that the real glass cracked a little too ) . i tried to turn it on but my screen went black and i had a purple line go threw it. the first few hours i was able to receive all notifications but wasn't able to pick up phone calls nor answer messages. so i decided to wait for it to die, once it was dead i charged it again. but the screen is still black. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? REPLACE THE PHONE OR JUST REPLACE THE SCREEN ? NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS !!!!

BURZIN

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else dropped their Note 5 yet? I dropped mine yesterday on a work job and it felt like slow motion. It fell out of my hand unto the road pavement and rolled in some water on the edge. Thankfully I was using that Tech 21 case from best buy so it seemed untouched and it doesn't seem like any functionality of the phone had stopped. But deep down it still feels like I sinned my Note 5. ; - ;

Thank god its fine n ur fine.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
just yesterday i dropped my phone and i had a glass screen protector on it, and a phone case. however when it fell out of my pocket, it landed on the screen. i noticed that the glass protector cracked , so i decided to take it off and while i was doing that( the impact was so hard that the real glass cracked a little too ) . i tried to turn it on but my screen went black and i had a purple line go threw it. the first few hours i was able to receive all notifications but wasn't able to pick up phone calls nor answer messages. so i decided to wait for it to die, once it was dead i charged it again. but the screen is still black. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? REPLACE THE PHONE OR JUST REPLACE THE SCREEN ? NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS !!!!

If you have insurance, get a new phone. I got a brand new one. Not refurb.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I want to hear horror stories from people who dropped theirs that don't use a case. 😛

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Fell out of my pocket doing yard work. Instantly destroyed. The LCD screen was cracked but not the glass. Repaired by Samsung for $180. 2 months later, falls out of my pocket while kneeling on the ground, looks like the under surface of the glass is cracked. crazy, it was less than a foot drop. At least its working this time.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I got mine repaired by Samsung, 3 days after i got it back, slides out of my pocket while kneeling down and cracks again. Had to be less than a 1 ft drop. Caseless never again :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie