Dropped your Note 5 yet?

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else dropped their Note 5 yet? I dropped mine yesterday on a work job and it felt like slow motion. It fell out of my hand unto the road pavement and rolled in some water on the edge. Thankfully I was using that Tech 21 case from best buy so it seemed untouched and it doesn't seem like any functionality of the phone had stopped. But deep down it still feels like I sinned my Note 5. ; - ;

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine last night at a baseball game. Fell face first from the table (rail seating) and on to the cement. Thwack! Thank God my Spigen Liquid Crystal case has just enough of a lip, apparently, because not even a scratch.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I want to hear horror stories from people who dropped theirs that don't use a case. 😛

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Been lucky so far, but I've been baby-ing the hell out of it. I go naked most of the time, unless I'm at work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
dropped my note 5 from about 3 feet (off the bathroom sink) and it lands on its side. I have a tpu case so it just bounces a little and lands safely. However the s-pen pops out like they have always done on all notes that I've owned but this time the s-pen has a little Crack near the tip, which is confusing because it was not a big drop. The phone landed on the opposite side of where the s-pen is housed and when it popped out it barely hit anything. I'm thinking since it force ejected the latch that holds it in place may have put pressure on the pen which cracked it. Needless to say the pen works intermittently.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine twice today. First time from the pocket and landed on its back on the street, later on I dropped it again about the same height but landed on carpet. Luckily my Note 5 has those clear case on. Everything seems to be fine. I am a very careful person. I do believe accident happen, and it did. My heart also dropped on the ground at first.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Been lucky so far, but I've been baby-ing the hell out of it. I go naked most of the time, unless I'm at work.

See that's the thing. I was babying mine so much till I got a bit too jittery with it. I mean watching a 800 dollar device fall from your hands sucks.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine from about 3 feet and struck the corner. Had this case. Camera lens still shattered. I had insurance and had to pay $200 deductible (Verizon) . I was very lucky to get a new one as a replacement.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4664950
$200!? Wow! That's a lot. Especially after such a short time having it. Too bad that they don't put the hardest glass made on the camera lens portion. Is the sapphire glass that Apple and other manufacturers use the harder glass?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine twice today. First time from the pocket and landed on its back on the street, later on I dropped it again about the same height but landed on carpet. Luckily my Note 5 has those clear case on. Everything seems to be fine. I am a very careful person. I do believe accident happen, and it did. My heart also dropped on the ground at first.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Yeah. Accidents do happen and nothing guarantees the case you are using will protect it, based on how it falls. It always helps to decrease the chance of it breaking though.
Just getting a case for mine will help me hang onto it better.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
While taking a picture of a praying mantis today I dropped mine. Luckily it was in the grass from about knee height. It came out of my hand when the mantis jumped on me from the tire of my truck. Scared the hell out of me! No damage. Thankfully in the grass.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
No case & I dropped mine from about a foot & landed on its curved side near the volume buttons and cracked the back glass. I was soooo pissed! Had only had it 4 days. I talked to Verizon & could get a replacement but no guarantee of a new replacement. After paying $800 and only having it 4 days I didn't want to take the chance on a "like new replacement" so I sent mine off to Samsung for repair. Currently waiting to get it back.

Posted via Android Central App

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Today I was getting into my pickup truck and began closing the door when my Note 5 fell out of my semi-torn cargo pocket (I know I know). Before my brain could process what was happening I felt the door slam into the phone as it was falling, eventually onto the pavement. Only damage was a very small spider crack to the tempered glass screen protector. The rest of the Note is covered by a Spigen case and has no damage. I got lucky.

Morpheus

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Diztronic cases..look email up on amazon..cheap and add almost no bulk yet offer great protection. Had one on my note 3..dropped several times..kids tossed it a few times in stores and it is in near mint condition..

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I almost dropped mine because the otterbox commuter case is so dang slippery! ! I need to buy some grip tape for it.

I did buy a speck hard candyshell case i have been using.. it doesn't offer as much protection but the raised grips on the back and sides lock the phone in my hand when im using it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so much for GG4 they claim 80% of drops were unbroken I guess you (speedfreek64)and I got the minority... I also have a cracked back glass my phone committed suicide by jumping out of my pocket while getting out of my car. I was wearing cargo shorts with deep pockets and never thought it would slide itself out like it did. Super slippery glass :(. How much does Sammy charge for repair? P.S get a screen protector too because it slipped out of my pocket again and fell face down onto a vinyl tile floor while I was sitting in a computer chair. It was maybe a foot height and I now have 4 little scratches visible only with screen off or in sunlight. I'm pissed at how easily this $$ device has scratched / broken. My nexus 6 I had bounced quite a few times and still looked brand new when I traded it in :( I miss it.

Last edited:

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I almost dropped mine because the otterbox commuter case is so dang slippery! ! I need to buy some grip tape for it.

I did buy a speck hard candyshell case i have been using.. it doesn't offer as much protection but the raised grips on the back and sides lock the phone in my hand when im using it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

I picked up the same case it's great. Hope it protects well on falls.

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No case & I dropped mine from about a foot & landed on its curved side near the volume buttons and cracked the back glass. I was soooo pissed! Had only had it 4 days. I talked to Verizon & could get a replacement but no guarantee of a new replacement. After paying $800 and only having it 4 days I didn't want to take the chance on a "like new replacement" so I sent mine off to Samsung for repair. Currently waiting to get it back.

Posted via Android Central App

Curious as to what Sammy is charging for that repair and how long a wait is involved? I feel your pain mine has a nice big crack on the back too :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith