Just picked up the Note 5 yesterday. Usually I'm pretty good at changing settings to my liking but a couple of things have been tricky to find:

-How do I stop the SMS message pop up near the top?
    -How do I manually refresh my email accounts? I remember my S4 had a 'Refresh' button to manually check for emails.

Any good recommendations on a screen protector? Looking for something not too pricey. I'm trying to avoid the tempered glass types. They seem impossible to remove once they're on.

So far I love it. Huge upgrade for me coming from the Galaxy S4.
    09-05-2015 01:13 PM
    Just picked up the Note 5 yesterday. Usually I'm pretty good at changing settings to my liking but a couple of things have been tricky to find:

-How do I stop the SMS message pop up near the top?
    -How do I manually refresh my email accounts? I remember my S4 had a 'Refresh' button to manually check for emails.

Any good recommendations on a screen protector? Looking for something not too pricey. I'm trying to avoid the tempered glass types. They seem impossible to remove once they're on.

So far I love it. Huge upgrade for me coming from the Galaxy S4.
    Stock messaging app - click on "more" , then settings, then notifications and turn off pop up
    Stock email app - swipe down in the inbox to refresh
    Spigen makes really nice screen protectors, you can get them in a 3 pack on amazon for about $9 - $10 been using them in between glass ones, every glass one I've tried has had a halo and I've taken it off...
    09-05-2015 03:17 PM