Anybody here considering ordering the Moto X PE to those who are having problems and thinking of returning?

I'm on the fence as the high Cell standby is such a problem for me on VERIZON.

The ALMOST naked android is tempting me and thinking that I wouldn't have the high Cell Standby problem as I do with Note 5.

Maybe those who have more knowledge can clarify why I will still experience this problem and why I shouldn't?
    09-05-2015 02:28 PM
    I would say, nope.
    In the last 18 months I have tried (kept a couple, returned others) the M7, M8, G3, Nexus 6, S6 Edge, and Note 5.
    I'm staying with the 5.
    As long as I can disable what I want, add functionality as wanted, I'm good.
    debdroid1a, Gray Area and geekaren like this.
    09-05-2015 02:39 PM
    The X is a nice looking device but there are notable differences from the Note. The 808 chip vs the octa core, 3 gb ram vs 4 gb. TFT LCD vs Amoled. Specs aren't everything and by all accounts it will run very well with nearly stock android. Which brings up my second point. It's nearly stock android, missing all the valuable add-ons that you get with the Note, not the least of which is the S-Pen. I strongly considered holding out for the new X but got the Note because of the added features and capabilities.
    Gray Area and dunamis like this.
    09-05-2015 03:06 PM
    Nope. I love my Note 5.

That being said, I have an OP2 on order as a secondary phone (couldn't say no when I got an invite in my inbox).

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-05-2015 03:09 PM
    Nope it's nice and all but moto just doesn't have enough to pull me from a note. If I was into nexus right now I would but this phone is better suited for me at the moment

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    09-05-2015 07:35 PM
    I am not having any problems with the Note 5 and see no reason to get the Motorola XPE. I traded in the S6 edge to get the Note 5 due to battery issues. The Note 5 has been stable with great battery life. I also love the S-pen. I am going to keep it at least a year as long as it works great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-05-2015 08:40 PM
    My primary features are battery life, camera and music which the Note 5 does exceptionally for me. The moto x looks great but I'm content as it will be a downgrade if I buy a moto x

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-06-2015 03:13 AM
    I decided against the Note 5 to snag my Moto X Pure (64GB). It should be here soon .
    09-06-2015 03:34 AM
    Truthfully no. There really isn't any reason for me to switch to another phone at this time.

While I know you are having issues with your Note, I would hesitate to jump out of one into another without knowing if your issue is a carrier issue or not. You may end up having the same issue you are experiencing now with the new phone. I would try to resolve your cell standby issue first just to see.

https://m.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comm...standby_drain/

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    09-06-2015 03:38 AM
    Two different types of phones geared towards completely different audiences. The Note is unlike anything else on the market. Moto X is just another android device that's not a Note made by a different manufacturer.
    pcsperson likes this.
    09-06-2015 05:32 AM
    Two different types of phones geared towards completely different audiences. The Note is unlike anything else on the market. Moto X is just another android device that's not a Note made by a different manufacturer.
    I fell the same same way. Looking at cost a $400-500 compared to a $700-800 phone, we should expect some differences.

Buying a mini van vs a sports car, they both get me to work but one has more features.
    I think this is the first year in a long time I'll step away from Samsung and buy the moto XPE.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    09-06-2015 05:52 AM
    I fell the same same way. Looking at cost a $400-500 compared to a $700-800 phone, we should expect some differences.

Buying a mini van vs a sports car, they both get me to work but one has more features.
    I think this is the first year in a long time I'll step away from Samsung and buy the moto XPE.
    Exactly! Doesn't make any of them bad, just different.
    09-06-2015 06:01 AM

Well the Verizon Note 5 was $320 after promotions on release,if didn't mind to do a bit of work

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-06-2015 08:39 AM
    The only phone I would change to would be a Nexus. But that is only if it will be available for verizon.
    09-06-2015 11:16 AM
    I wouldn't just say any other device as it has some unique features that are from Moto only - Just like Samsung has things for the Note that are Note / Samsung only .

While I get what you're saying I personally don't instantly think something is better just because it costs more. That is usually a bad figure to go on.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    09-06-2015 02:31 PM
    Your asking this in a note 5 forum, what answers do you really expect? Ask this in the Moto pure thread and you'll get a much different take. Try both in store, check reviews, then make your own decision.
    09-07-2015 10:24 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone's take is different, but I consider the X Pure and Note 5 to be 2 different classes of large phones.

The X Pure is basically a large phone. There's not really anything special that takes advantage of the large screen but it has an excellent build quality, great software and performance, all for a very palatable price.

The Note 5 is a somewhat different animal to me. It seems to be designed for one purpose; productivity. The S Pen does a lot of stuff that other phones can't, and the Note 5 also has features that take full advantage of that display, not to mention that the camera is still top-class.

Those 2 phones also have different price groups, so it really comes down to your wallet and what you're looking for in a phone.
    09-07-2015 10:46 AM