09-15-2015 12:14 AM
42 12
tools
    I received mine today also. I'll be installing it later this evening. I've already removed one because of the halo, I hope this one is better. I'll try spending more time working the edges down.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 05:27 PM
    I received mine today also. I'll be installing it later this evening. I've already removed one because of the halo, I hope this one is better. I'll try spending more time working the edges down.

Keep trying... The first few times... It will come back up.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-10-2015 05:44 PM
    Just installed my skinomi. Major halo... at first. However holding constant pressure around the edges removed it COMPLETELY. Took some time to get it to stay down though. 100 percent satisfied!
    09-10-2015 07:03 PM
    I was wondering if putting some rubber bands on the edges ,that would apply some pressure would work on eliminating the halo effect

09-10-2015 07:42 PM
    Probably wont be enough pressure. I had to press pretty hard.
    09-10-2015 07:58 PM
    Probably wont be enough pressure. I had to press pretty hard.
    OK I will be patient in applying mines, so this screen protector covers most of the screen?

09-10-2015 08:45 PM
    OK I will be patient in applying mines, so this screen protector covers most of the screen?

It covers all the screen(barely) but not the entire glass

09-10-2015 09:00 PM
    I was wondering if putting some rubber bands on the edges ,that would apply some pressure would work on eliminating the halo effect

I put some scotch tape, stretched to hold down the one corner that I was having problems with this morning. Removed the tape and the halo was gone.

If you do use tape, make sure it is snug and that you don't see the halo after you put the tape on

09-10-2015 09:01 PM
    I put some scotch tape, stretched to hold down the one corner that I was having problems with this morning. Removed the tape and the halo was gone.

If you do use tape, make sure it is snug and that you don't see the halo after you put the tape on

Nice thanks for the tip

09-10-2015 09:48 PM
    Not perfect but,good enough for me. Btw, sorry picture quality isn't the best, it was taken with a phone that I paid $25 (no contract) for. This is the skinomi /iq shield. Both are identical other than branding.

Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector  alt=Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector  alt=Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector  alt=Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector  alt=

Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    09-11-2015 07:50 AM
    Just installed my skinomi. Major halo... at first. However holding constant pressure around the edges removed it COMPLETELY. Took some time to get it to stay down though. 100 percent satisfied!
    Sounds good.
    Report back in a week or two to see if thing are still OK.
    09-11-2015 09:04 AM
    Thank you, just ordered one

09-11-2015 09:19 AM
    Installed mine today... Halo around the entire screen...360 degree halo!

As mentioned in this thread, I pressed down on the edges for long periods of time and was able to eliminate the halo around 3 of the four sides... I still have some halo on the bottom edge... I am trying to eliminate that final fourth side of halo, but it won't stay stuck down!

Oh well... I hear that the Zagg Glass has no halo... This protects my screen (for 95 cents) until I buy a replacement...
    09-14-2015 07:38 PM
    I received it and had mad halo around the edges and kept pressing hard and the halo never disappeared and it was aligned dead center, so I gave up on the glass screen protector and just installed a regular one,the halo really annoys me because it gets full of lint.

09-14-2015 09:39 PM
    any halo ?
    If you're asking about the regular screen protector, no it went on pretty good, it is the HD clear one from supershieldz.

When I let them know that the original tempered glass protector had a halo they told me they were making an updated version for the note 5 and they would send me one as no cost, when they sent it the only difference was it was cut more narrow but it still had a halo,but they had also sent 3 regular HD screen protectors with the second and that what I'm rocking on my phone now,I can't see myself spending all that money for the Zagg, but I do prefer glass over the regular protectors.

09-14-2015 10:24 PM
    I received it and had mad halo around the edges and kept pressing hard and the halo never disappeared and it was aligned dead center, so I gave up on the glass screen protector and just installed a regular one,the halo really annoys me because it gets full of lint.

You have to press down hard and multiple times. Or use the tape method I posted earlier.

09-15-2015 12:08 AM
    You have to press down hard and multiple times. Or use the tape method I posted earlier.

Yeah I tried it but it wouldn't sit so I just gave up .

Because I have had different experiences with glass protectors, for example when me and my wife got the note 4 I got 2 supershieldz glass protector mines went on with no halo,and hers had a halo,supershieldz sent me another I put it on her phone again and no matter what I did it still had a halo,so I'm not sure if it also depends on your screen,and I have had no luck with the Note 5 glass screen protectors.

Some people have stated there's went on with no halo, so I'm thinking it can also be the cut of the protector, I'm not really sure, but I just ended up putting and regular one on.

09-15-2015 12:14 AM
42 12